Do I have to wait until tomorrow to activate my phone?

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I received my 6 plus today!! I was so excited - until I went to try to activate my phone. The thing is, my husband used his upgrade to get my phone, then he is going to use my 6. So I just thought I could pop my SIM card in and be good to go. But when I turned the phone on, it asked to confirm activation under my husbands phone number. It said if I wanted to activate it under a different number to call ATT after activation on my husbands number was completed then I guess they would switch its around. So i stopped then because I was knew it would deactivate my husbands current phone. Which I wasn't too too worried about because I knew if I had to, I could use the included SIM card that came with the 6 plus, activate it under my husbands number, and we would be good to go. So I tried calling ATT to see if that would work, and obviously customer service is closed today. So my question is - is there a way to do this so I can activate my phone today, or do I have to wait until tomorrow? I didn't know if there was a workaround through iTunes, or something else I could do. Thanks so much!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I received my 6 plus today!! I was so excited - until I went to try to activate my phone. The thing is, my husband used his upgrade to get my phone, then he is going to use my 6. So I just thought I could pop my SIM card in and be good to go. But when I turned the phone on, it asked to confirm activation under my husbands phone number. It said if I wanted to activate it under a different number to call ATT after activation on my husbands number was completed then I guess they would switch its around. So i stopped then because I was knew it would deactivate my husbands current phone. Which I wasn't too too worried about because I knew if I had to, I could use the included SIM card that came with the 6 plus, activate it under my husbands number, and we would be good to go. So I tried calling ATT to see if that would work, and obviously customer service is closed today. So my question is - is there a way to do this so I can activate my phone today, or do I have to wait until tomorrow? I didn't know if there was a workaround through iTunes, or something else I could do. Thanks so much!

Put the SIM back in the phone that came with it, and activate the phone. Once that is done, assuming the SIMs are the same size (iPhone 5, 5S, 6 and 6 Plus are all the same size SIMs), swap the SIMs to match where you want the lines on your devices. You should be good to go. That’s how I’ve always done it, and never had a problem.

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
Put the SIM back in the phone that came with it, and activate the phone. Once that is done, assuming the SIMs are the same size (iPhone 5, 5S, 6 and 6 Plus are all the same size SIMs), swap the SIMs to match where you want the lines on your devices. You should be good to go. That’s how I’ve always done it, and never had a problem.

Thankou! I just thought of that and wondered if I could do it. Let me double check. I'm going to put the new SIM card in the 6 plus. Activate the phone under my husbands number, which will deactivate his current SIM in his 5S. After the phone is activated, pop the SIM out and put it in his phone, then take my active SIM for my line out of my 6 and put it in the 6 plus. Is that correct?

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site

That worked! Thanks so much! Using my awesome new 6Plus now and can't wipe the grin off my face. :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Thankou! I just thought of that and wondered if I could do it. Let me double check. I'm going to put the new SIM card in the 6 plus. Activate the phone under my husbands number, which will deactivate his current SIM in his 5S. After the phone is activated, pop the SIM out and put it in his phone, then take my active SIM for my line out of my 6 and put it in the 6 plus. Is that correct?

Yes, indeed. Glad to hear it all worked out!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2