Is Verizon forcing us to use Softcard on the iPhone?

armeda04

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Now in January I'll be upgrading my line to the Verizon edge and I'll be getting the iPhone 6 plus, which would be my first iPhone. Right now I have a Droid Ultra and Verizon has google wallet blocked on this phone from what I have seen online forcing me to use Softcard which is Verizon's own app. Now for my question is Verizon doing the same thing forcing us to use Softcard on the iPhone?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: using apple pay on Verizon

Nope. I have a 6 Plus on VZW and us Apple pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slvrbul

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site

Nope Apple Pay works great no problem on my end using it with Verizon !!!

Chief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

I'm on Verizon with iPhone 6, I use Apple Pay all the time with no problems, ever.

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Verizon Apple Pay works super great, besides, Softcard won't work on iPhone because you need a special case for it

So don't worry :) get your 6 Plus and Apple Pay will work flawlessly

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Ditto on using Apple pay with my Vz iPhone. No issues. Works like a charm.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

If Verizon wasn't letting iPhone users use Apple Pay, they wouldn't still be selling the iPhone right now. :)

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Softcard isn't Verizon's proprietary app. All carriers have it available. It was called Isis until the terrorist group surfaced and then they changed it to Softcard. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on the iPhone unless you have a special case. I've been using Apple Pay, and I actually find it easier. So, I just used the debit card that Softcard sent me so I could get all of the money I deposited on it, and now I just use Apple Pay.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

Apple has a lot more clout with the carriers than Google and Android OEMs. Apple would never allow them to block Apple Pay. Apple maintains complete control or the carrier doesn't get the "privilege" of selling the iPhone. The carriers cave to Apple's demands while holding Android OEMs at their mercy.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Softcard isn't Verizon's proprietary app. All carriers have it available. It was called Isis until the terrorist group surfaced and then they changed it to Softcard. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on the iPhone unless you have a special case. I've been using Apple Pay, and I actually find it easier. So, I just used the debit card that Softcard sent me so I could get all of the money I deposited on it, and now I just use Apple Pay.

No but they are owned by Verizon. "Softcard (formerly Isis Mobile Wallet) is a joint venture between AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon in the mobile payment space, announced on November 16, 2010." Via http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softcard

OP, as others have stated, your days of Verizon dictating what apps you can and can't use on your phone are over as Apple has full control. The biggest "downside" of iOS versus Android from a control perspective that I can think of is how iOS controls your data usage. On android you could use cellular data to download a 4GB movie or a 500mb app, iOS will not allow a movie to be downloaded via cellular or an app over 100mb without jailbreak. There may be other work arounds bedsides jailbreak but none that I am aware of, although anyone correct me, please, I want to use my cellular data lol.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Just hook through your iPad or iPhone or vise versa with instant hotspot and you can then download a large file.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro