Shocked and disappointed that more apps aren't compatible for the 6 Plus

I

iMore Question

It's i6 plus then it should have all apps and because its plus it should more apps too��

Edit: Translation in post #3. Thanks to Septembersrain

Last edited by a moderator:

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
re:

Basically, all apps should already be compatible. Plus there should be apps that are made specifically for the 6+.

Oh I see. I agree it's been 2 months and the millions of apps we have should be compatible already.

No I take that back, they should have all been updated for the 6plus s year before it came out!! I am outraged

Sent from my Golden Apple Six

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
re:

Oh I see. I agree it's been 2 months and the millions of apps we have should be compatible already.

No I take that back, they should have all been updated for the 6plus s year before it came out!! I am outraged

Sent from my Golden Apple Six

I swear Apple needs to get their act together!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
re:

How long was it before Apple started requiring developers to optimise their apps for the iPhone 5 after it was released?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
re:

How long was it before Apple started requiring developers to optimise their apps for the iPhone 5 after it was released?
Was that ever a requirement? If app developers want people to use or buy their apps, they should optimize asap. But it's not always that simple. Especially with all the new tools they have now. We have the option not to use an app if it doesn't work for us. No one is twisting our arms. So find an alternative app until the desired app gets updated.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
re:

I don't remember when but even then it only applies to new and updated apps. So if the developers never submit tree another update, they would never be required to update.

That is what I meant to say. I recall Apple requiring updates to apps past a point to have compatibility with the 4" screen. No updates meant there wasn't a requirement. I imagine they will do the same this time around as well.

Namdnas78

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
re:

This same App fragmentation happened back when the iPhone 5 came out. Up to a year later, some apps still hadn't been updated. Personally, I think Apple should put App store restrictions in place that forces developers to not be lazy! Like, if an App hasn't been updated in X amount of years, it gets pulled from the App Store until the developer submits an update. I think this would solve the various device fragmentation issues due to screen size and whatnot.

One thing that I DO like about this cycle of screen size changes is *most* apps will automatically scale in a "zoomed" format to fit the bigger screen. Back on the 5 when it came out, non-updated apps had this ugly black border around them.

Just my two pennies.

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
re:

I got the impression they just work apart from the odd one or two crashing. Some of the issues are probably down to the new iOS 8.x rather than iPhone 6. For example, the orientation bug is iOS 8.x and not iPhone6 specific.

As a developer myself I would not have been able to get hold of iPhone6/+ here in UK until recently.

With limited supply and developers not getting priority over the rest of the population then it'll take some additional time before apps works for these devices. Once the supply chain is fluid Apple will insist all new apps work on these devices otherwise they will be rejected when they are submitted for reviews.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73