Apple Car Play

Michaelc136

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Is it possible to have car play without having the specific car console? It would be nice to mount my phone on the windshield with a car friendly appearance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Nope, you'll need a Carplay compatible headunit to access the functionality. No way to display it on the phone itself.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to have car play without having the specific car console? It would be nice to mount my phone on the windshield with a car friendly appearance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car Play is built WITHIN the specific car consoles as a user interface (and part of the software)...so obviously it would be impossible to have it without the car console.

Lots of people have custom built enclosures in dash boards for the various iPad models, which make more sense than the iPhone given their larger screen real estate and ability to do everything in landscape mode. Here's a particularly nice custom job, but it's also quite expensive (in relation to most other automotive entertainment options).

77538_438634519528382_1963809920_o.jpg

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Car Play is built WITHIN the specific car consoles as a user interface (and part of the software)...so obviously it would be impossible to have it without the car console.

Lots of people have custom built enclosures in dash boards for the various iPad models, which make more sense than the iPhone given their larger screen real estate and ability to do everything in landscape mode. Here's a particularly nice custom job, but it's also quite expensive (in relation to most other automotive entertainment options).

View attachment 73775

Looks exactly like when I mount my iPad in my truck and play live TV on it lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices