Should I charge my iPhone 6+ every night?

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I am wondering what is the best usage for the battery. Should I use it from full charge all the way to empty or should i charge every night just in case i need it? Does it matter , as far as battery longevity?

itsgusmetropolo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I dont think it matters if you do a full cicle every time you charge (from 0% to 100%). I would do that, but then I have to charge the phone during the day and it sucks.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You should top off the charge as often as possible. Lithium batteries do better if they don't get discharged to their lower levels. Granted your battery won't go bad in a month if you drain it over and over but it could be the difference in it lasting 3 years vs 4 or 5.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Just charge your phone whenever you need to. Remember to do a full cycle charge monthly and you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It is best to charge the phone whenever it suits you. Fully charging and draining the battery cycle after cycle is not recommended. Fully draining the battery is only necessary once a month.

Last edited:

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I've always charged every night since Li-ion batteries became the norm. Never experienced any battery issues ever. Why would I not want to start my day with a full tank each morning. The flip side of that would be worrying about charging sometime during the day. Charging nightly is stress free usage all the next day :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I usually charge at the first warning if 20%. Then let it charge to around 90%. Maybe twice a month I let it run down to zip, then charge it up to 100+% without using the phone while charging.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

slvrbul

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I have always put my phone on the charger every night with no ill effects. I have been doing this since the days of bag phones !!!

Chief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I charge mine every night. And like Led a few times a month I drain it all the way down to where it shuts off and charge it to 100%

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Charge it whenever you are around an outlet. Won't hurt the battery. Do some Reserch on lithium batteries thought because a lot of people run them down to nothing which is said to be be very bad for lithium batteries. I never run mine down and still have a few iPhone 4's that last almost a full day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I charge mine every night. It's my primary and only phone. So I like to have a fully charged phone, to start the day.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro