Lifeproof Nuud for IPhone 6 Plus

corruptpixie

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I got the case in the mail today. It will be on it's way back soon. I had hoped it would make me feel differently from the people who wrote about the Nuud for the iPhone 6. Sadly that just didn't happen. It is a decent case, but incredibly unattractive and I hate to say this, but looks cheap.

I put some pictures on imgur. I can't post the link, but look up 239wj. Or if you want a more direct approach put that after the dot com slash a slash. Complicated I know, but I am not posting 10 replies else where to uncomplicate it. ;) Maybe someone more vetted can do it for me.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
How hideous is it in person?

I was excited when I saw the link in my email to order then I thought about the design. That excitement went away quick. That's too bad too because this will be the first phone I don't have a LP case for.

corruptpixie

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I won't say it is hideous. I will say it does not look as good as past Lifeproof cases. I didn't care for the way they used the different materials or the crevices that seemed like they are everywhere. Part of it feels rubbery and the other feels like cheap plastic. In addition, it doesn't not add much to the size of the 6 plus, but it does make it big enough to be off putting. I am cursed with man hands (as you might see in some of the photos) so a Plus fits alright in my hand, but with the Nuud it felt a little unwieldy. I am sure I would get over that in time, but I don't want to.

And this has nothing to do with the case I got, but the fact it is all black and that is the only color I could get does not endear the Nuud to me.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I won't say it is hideous. I will say it does not look as good as past Lifeproof cases. I didn't care for the way they used the different materials or the crevices that seemed like they are everywhere. Part of it feels rubbery and the other feels like cheap plastic. In addition, it doesn't not add much to the size of the 6 plus, but it does make it big enough to be off putting. I am cursed with man hands (as you might see in some of the photos) so a Plus fits alright in my hand, but with the Nuud it felt a little unwieldy. I am sure I would get over that in time, but I don't want to.

And this has nothing to do with the case I got, but the fact it is all black and that is the only color I could get does not endear the Nuud to me.

As always, more colors will be added. Nobody forced you to buy a color you didn't want.

corruptpixie

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
As always, more colors will be added. Nobody forced you to buy a color you didn't want.

You're right!! OMGosh! I didn't need to buy it! Geeze mister you are ever so helpful!

Of course, I bought it knowing it was black, and if the case were better I might have kept it. Of if it had been crimson or plum I might have kept it. But with what I had my hands on and in black? I send it back! ;)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You're right!! OMGosh! I didn't need to buy it! Geeze mister you are ever so helpful!

Of course, I bought it knowing it was black, and if the case were better I might have kept it. Of if it had been crimson or plum I might have kept it. But with what I had my hands on and in black? I send it back! ;)

Good :yes:

Joeg45

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I understand that you returned the 6P LifeProof case, yet have a couple of questions which I hope you will respond: 1. Did LP improve their screen saver? 2. If not, can you suggest a couple of glass screen savers that can be used with the case?

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I received mine yesterday and I'm very satisfied with it. I've had experience with both Otterbox and Tech21, and LP beats them hands down. I admit the case isn't perfect, but the only way I know to be better is to run nude and that's not an option for me when I work and play in a dusty shop and out in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corruptpixie

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
The screen protector seemed just as good as it did before, but this one had to be applied so I didn't as I knew after putting my phone in the case I would probably return it.

As for a recommendation on a glass screen protector, I can't really give you one. I don't usually get ones that don't come with the case as I have never had a good experience.

corruptpixie

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I received mine yesterday and I'm very satisfied with it. I've had experience with both Otterbox and Tech21, and LP beats them hands down. I admit the case isn't perfect, but the only way I know to be better is to run nude and that's not an option for me when I work and play in a dusty shop and out in the rain.

I can not fault Lifeproof for the protective nature of their cases. I am just vain and shallow and care more for how it looks and feels. :)

Cdilson

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
DO NOT BUY THIS CASE YET. My charger door broke after 3 days of regular use. Also call quality suffered immensely due to the mic being covered so deeply in the case. Major design issues that need to be addressed. Already returned for a full refund. No way a $100 case should be that badly designed. My 6 Plusbis safely back in the Ballistc Tungsten with Invisashield Glass.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Wow keep reading everyone's posts and seems there are so many issues with it? Didn't the initial batch of Otterbox defenders for the 6 and 6 plus have issues? Strange lifeproof now does too ? (Since they're under same company now lol).

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow keep reading everyone's posts and seems there are so many issues with it? Didn't the initial batch of Otterbox defenders for the 6 and 6 plus have issues? Strange lifeproof now does too ? (Since they're under same company now lol).

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

No matter what case comes out people will have bad ones or want to complain about something. Very rare to have people flock to a forum to praise a product for how well it works for them. That's boring... I had the original otterbox defender and the original batch of lifeproofs got them both as soon as they hit the market both work great for me

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73