Those coming from Android: What do you miss?

Love Divine

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm finally getting my 6 plus this weekend. Long time Android user. Loved my One M7. This will be my first iOS device.

What do you miss from Android? What do you need to get used to? And what helps in making the transition? I don't think the size will be an issue.

Posted via the Android iMore App!

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I've been on Android for years. I don't miss it one bit. The glitchy interface and force closing was getting out of hand.

bseuivafom

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
I've had like two force closes across four handsets in the last three months. I don't nursemaid that much either.

What I primarily miss (which I don't, since I run all three major OS's all the time anyway) when I'm on iOS is the ability to do stuff more granular than IFTTT and also have all my widgets on the home screen. The obvious stuff, in other words. Actual app-wise, very little if anything I miss.

And perhaps, on a hardware level, that the M7 is way more indestructible than a 6 Plus :p

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm a multi-platform user, as well, so I'm still using several Android devices along with my 6 Plus.

My real adjustment is coming in navigating the OS, specifically the lack of the back button. I'm struggling with using the Pocketmags app right now; the only way that I know of to get back to having access to each issue of a particular magazine is to close the app and reopen it.

I've noticed that many converts say that apps are more polished in iOS than they are in Android. More polished in aesthetics doesn't equal better function, though. The Swype keyboard on iOS doesn't show the symbols on the letter keys, even though they are still there. One of my game apps doesn't calculate the score properly on my iPhone, but is fine on the Android phones that I can play it on.

Overall, I am enjoying the iPhone more this time around than I did when I had the iPhone 4. The larger screen and the choice of keyboards make the device usable for me now. I'm still missing full NFC functionality on the iPhone, though.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I miss the.... Can't think of anything... I missed the iPhone the whole time I had my s5 and the only iPhone I ever had was the 5.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 4 and iPhone 6 and honestly thinking about selling my note cause I really don't prefer anything about my note. I may sell the note

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpl175

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a note 4 and a 6 + so I don't miss anything really. I will say that I do prefer having a dedicated back button. Sounds trivial but it's so much easier. I like being able to put widgets on any screen I want. The whole ringtone thing is much easier on android as well. At the same time, I really do enjoy iOS and the phone is an excellent piece of hardware. I couldn't live with just one os though lol. I don't get any force closing on my note 4 or any android phone I've had.

scvette_7

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Had the note 4 Not as smooth as iOS that's my biggest complaint. I hate lag on phones And the note 4 has it. 6 plus seems more polished then the note 4.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I think I just miss all the extra RAM my Note 3 had. For web browsing with a lot of tabs, it was ideal really.

Though I still use my Note 3, it was just to enormous to be used as a phone.

anon9227349

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I've used Android, BlackBerry and iOS. But, in all honesty, there isn't anything I miss about Android. For almost two years straight I used BlackBerry (BB10), and thus used Snap for apps. I'm just happy to be using a device that simply works, and has a plethora of apps and developers, too.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
No. It's pretty strange considering that I used android for almost 3 years. I thought I'd miss it more because when I got the 5S earlier this year I missed android too much and went back.

Biggs91276

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the note 4 and iPhone 6 and honestly thinking about selling my note cause I really don't prefer anything about my note. I may sell the note

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same thing previously had a note 4 but couldn't get used to Android and how glitchy it was so I went back to the 6 plus

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm finally getting my 6 plus this weekend. Long time Android user. Loved my One M7. This will be my first iOS device.

What do you miss from Android? What do you need to get used to? And what helps in making the transition? I don't think the size will be an issue.

Posted via the Android iMore App!

Choice. I loved having the option to have just about every screen size/finish/storage/camera and the likes. With iPhone you have 1 choice (well 2 now with the 6/6+) but other than that you get what you get.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro