Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree80Likes
    iMore Intermediate

361 Posts
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts

Default Re: #Bendgate happened to me...after I dropped my phone

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    Personally if i dropped my phone five feet as was noted in the post from November onto a tile floor I would remember not only the fall but every second of it, before and after. The possibility of damaging something that cost me 900 bucks a scant six weeks before is going to keep it fresh in my mind. I would say that the majority of people would remember dropping a new 128 G iPhone 6 Plus onto a tile floor. Especially when you're at the Apple Store discussing the repair of a phone. As a matter of fact it would be natural for that detail to arise.

In any case, whether remembered at the store is immaterial. The fact that if someone reminds me of something I've said before that contradicts my current statement, I would find it more natural to say "oh wow I forgot that" than to suddenly bring God and religion into the conversation, and discuss worship. There's the unfortunate similarity to all kinds of politicians and public figures suddenly bringing up religion when there is some allegation of misconduct.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    Her story has a lot of holes and you're right she is probably lying which is why I said she could be malicious a couple of times. I did however answer your question about how likely it is that anyone can forget dropping their phones because I know I would. Further, she didn't immediately bring up worship and god when you contradicted her but she did say that she forgot and that in her opinion the drops couldn't have caused the damage. This reaction seems normal to me and she mentioned god after a couple of people focused on what she said in one sentence of her post (before editing it an hour later). All I wanted to do was merely point out that IF she did forget it then it doesn't mean she was trying to defraud Apple while I did state that she could still be lying.

3,421 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

Default Re: #Bendgate happened to me...after I dropped my phone

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneuser4life View Post
    That's crazy and a super bummer! I got this case which has good protection and should help with any bending problem too. It's called TuffCarbon Shield. It's for iPhone 6 and 6 plus. Check it out, I'm excited to get mine!

Attachment 72925
    Damn I like that case.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

6,421 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,802 Global Posts

Default Re: #Bendgate happened to me...

Quote Originally Posted by TreeSpooner View Post
    Eh, it's pretty clear what happened and the more OP tries to explain/defend her actions the clearer it becomes.
    This is the bottom line right here.

Thread closed. Everyone has had their say.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123