Apps optimized for iPhone 6 Plus

GSOgymrat

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I noticed today that the CNN app has been optimized for iPhone 6 Plus. Are there any other apps that really take advantage of the larger screen?

cnn.jpg

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Id like to know this as well.... Is there a list out there somewhere that shows the optimized apps for the 6+ and is kept updated as the apps are?

jlh73

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
It's been like almost 6 months since the 6 plus launched yet devs still won't optimize there apps yet. Iam patient but how long should it take? Yet I get updates from my apps that aren't optimized but it's never for the optimization.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It's been like almost 6 months since the 6 plus launched yet devs still won't optimize there apps yet. Iam patient but how long should it take? Yet I get updates from my apps that aren't optimized but it's never for the optimization.

What apps are you using that are not optimized? I can't remember the last app I used that wasn't optimized for my 6 Plus. I'm going to go look through them. Maybe I missed a couple but the ones I use daily are definitely good. I'm just curious now to see what apps are lagging behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlh73

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just to name a few are this app and new words with friends and redbox. I have 3 local apps from the same dev also

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have to say that a majority of my often used apps have gotten optimized by now. Some of the big name stuff just have different priorities.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just to name a few are this app and new words with friends and redbox. I have 3 local apps from the same dev also

Yeah, I am amazed that the iMore Forum app isn't updated. That just seems odd. I play Words with Friends and don't really notice it. I guess I know it's not updated, but it looks fine when I am playing so it doesn't bother me.

I suppose that some developers have other priorities. I would think at this point they would update though. It's safe to say that the bigger phones are here to stay. Might as well get it done.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Chase, My Plate, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, and First Class applications are not optimized and I use them almost everyday.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Most of the apps are NOT optimized for the Plus... This thread is to highlight the ones that ARE

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
I think it would have been a good idea if apple allowed and all phablet makers allow the phablets to run tablet apps if we want to it's like you want the bigger screen but no on utilizes it well.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2