Hi All, any advise on This topic?
    My girlfriends phone and iPad are (almost) broken, debating on what to get, the iPhone 6+ or the new iPad, (i Will be getting the 6, and she would get my 4s if we decide to go for the iPad).
    11-29-2014 06:08 AM
    Hi All, any advise on This topic?
    My girlfriends phone and iPad are (almost) broken, debating on what to get, the iPhone 6+ or the new iPad, (i Will be getting the 6, and she would get my 4s if we decide to go for the iPad).
    I say go with the 6 plus. You won't be needing a iPad
    11-29-2014 06:09 AM
    My wife just went from a 4S to a 6 Plus because her 4S was very slow and problematic using iOS 8. I still use my iPad even though I have a 6 Plus but I can see where people would actually replace their iPad with the plus. Either way you are in a win win situation. LoL
    shief24 likes this.
    11-29-2014 07:08 AM
    Ever since I got my IP6+, I have hardly touched my ipad.. Think I am going to sell it.... But it is all about what you do with it.. The 6+ is plenty big enough for me
    shief24 likes this.
    11-29-2014 07:16 AM
    I would go for the 6 Plus. For me personally is till use my iPad even though I have a 6 Plus. I actually just got an iPad mini 3 and love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-29-2014 08:26 AM
    I own a 6+ and the iPad Air. I use both daily, though the iPad is more for the couch and games (and reading articles and forums such as this). But I of course use my 6+ for everything as well, including games.

If I had to make a choice one over the other, I would also go with the 6+ as others have said. It's the most versatile device, you can text, read, game, and watch videos on that nice big screen. I really enjoy the 6+ a lot...just be sure you get a protective case for it.
    shief24 likes this.
    11-29-2014 08:33 AM
    If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably just get the iPhone. The 4S on iOS 8 is pushing it, and when it comes down to it, you can do most things on the iPhone that you can do on the iPad plus make/receive calls. (I know you can now do the call thing through the iPad, but it still requires a compatible iPhone to connect to.) Unless the iPad is used for heavy reading and Newsstand/Magazine type things, I'd get the iPhone first.
    11-29-2014 09:54 AM
    I would probably go with the phone. Next year she'll be needing another one because I don't believe the new iOS will be supported on the 4s and iOS 8 isn't all that great on it now. Unless you haven't updated to iOS 8.
    11-29-2014 10:04 AM
    Why settle for one or the other, get both . . . I did and they each serve different needs at different times. I need a larger screen while doing work in the field and my wife enjoys the iPad Air 2 while she is in the kitchen especially during the holidays baking. My iPhone 6+ on the other hand is my daily device that goes everywhere with me.
    11-29-2014 10:09 AM
    Thanks all for the replies, we'll make a trip to the store to get a hands on with both devices, so she can get a "feel for it"
    11-29-2014 10:10 AM
    I say go with the 6 plus. You won't be needing a iPad
    I would go with both because some apps don't work on the iPhone 6 Plus. There are a lot of (iPad only) apps that I need to use. Right now I use both iPad (fourth-generation) and iPhone 6 Plus. Besides Google/Android users would love for you to stop using the iPad. I myself would rather support Apple...
    Last edited by Ron Hites; 11-29-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    11-29-2014 10:43 AM
    I wont buy an android device we are just figuring out if to buy a 6 for me and a 6+ or iPad for the girlfriend
    11-29-2014 11:48 AM
    I wont buy an android device we are just figuring out if to buy a 6 for me and a 6+ or iPad for the girlfriend
    Meaning, cant buy All 3
    11-29-2014 11:51 AM
    If money isn't a concern then buy both... but I assume that money is at least part of the equation.
    11-29-2014 02:50 PM
    I have an iPad Air and a 6 plus. I have been using my air a bit less now that I have the plus but I think it's worth it to have both as the air offers a lot more real estate. However now I can't see a place for the iPad mini in my line up as the plus is great for watching videos on the go and even just for general web browsing.

If I had to choose I'd go for the 6 plus as its a more all rounded device and goes with you everywhere.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    11-30-2014 12:28 AM
    6+ first, seeing as it can replace the iPad for some things
    11-30-2014 01:04 AM
    I was thinking of getting a 6 and a mini for work purposes, but decided to get just the Plus instead. Very good idea as I now only have to carry around one device instead of two.
    11-30-2014 07:41 AM
    I don't know how people say the 6 Plus kills the iPad. For me, it doesn't. I have an iPad 4 to watch videos and movies. I think even with the 6/5S there is no need for the latest iPad model, that's it.
    11-30-2014 04:53 PM
    If you can deal with the extreme size, just go with the 6+. I highly recommend trying it out before committing, as almost everyone I know that got the + ended up switching back for a regular 6. The iPhone will do everything the iPad does, plus it's already hooked up for data. The iPad is a nice addition if you want an additional screen for watching videos and surfing the web with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11-30-2014 05:24 PM
    I own a 6+ and the iPad Air. I use both daily, though the iPad is more for the couch and games (and reading articles and forums such as this). But I of course use my 6+ for everything as well, including games.

If I had to make a choice one over the other, I would also go with the 6+ as others have said. It's the most versatile device, you can text, read, game, and watch videos on that nice big screen. I really enjoy the 6+ a lot...just be sure you get a protective case for it.
    Well, generally you can do all of that on an iPad as well, provided you also own a supported iPhone for Continuity.

But I'd go for the 6+ simply because I don't see a point in a tablet when you have a phone with a screen that big as long as it has great battery life, which the 6+ does.

It's part of the reason I never bothered to get a Tablet and when I did get them, I returned them within a day or two (3 separate instances :-P ).

However, if I had to do a lot of Productivity or Imaging/Video Editing on a mobile device, I'd certainly get a big iPad.
    11-30-2014 10:17 PM
    I own a 6+ and I can say that this phone is perfect as a phone and as a replacement for a tablet. I can enjoy lot of media on it and when I need, I can even work. The Pages and Keynote work flawlessly, so my advice is to go for the 6 plus.

Sent from my iPhone 6 PLUS!
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    12-01-2014 01:48 AM
    i'm iphone 5s owner and ipad mini, if can choose, I will go for Ip 6+ and leave my Ipad at Home
    12-01-2014 03:31 AM
    I'd go with the iPhone 6plus. I'm loving mine and I never pick up my iPad. Well I bought my gf the new air 2 and I never get tempted to touch it lol. Although it is beautiful

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk
    ig33k likes this.
    12-01-2014 03:47 AM
    Although I just picked up this 16 GB Space Gray today, I'm finding it as a perfect compliment to the iPad Air, not replacement. I guess the best analogy I can use is, it's similar to have multiple monitors. There are certain things I do on each device, some unique and some overlap but none get in the way.
    12-02-2014 04:50 PM
    Buy both of they got you budget.. I went from iPad 3 to iPad Air 2 and iPhone 5 to iPhone 6 Plus.. Downside was waiting for the Plus directly from China.
    12-02-2014 06:18 PM
40 12