Switched from Note 4 to 6 Plus, and loving it!

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. I have been with Android since switching from the iPhone 5, with my most recent phone being the Note 4. While the Note 4 was very nice, I have grown tired with Touch Wiz. I switched to Nova, but to me one of the most annoying things with Android is that in order to enjoy the phone's full capabilities, you have to replace the stock launcher or other programs and it never quite feels like it all comes together 100 percent. I was fortunate last Saturday to find a space grey 128 gig 6 Plus at my local Apple Store. It's been almost a week now, and all I can say is WOW! This is the iPhone I have always wanted. The battery life is by far the best I have had on any smartphone I've owned (and sadly I have owned more than I'd like to admit). The screen size is perfect. The Note 4 has a very vibrant screen, but I feel the 6 Plus is more realistic. I love the addition of the widgets to the notification screen. The build quality in my opinion is far ahead of any current Android phone. It's also awesome to be able to choose from the ton of cases and other accessories that are available. You don't get that kind of choice from Android. Any how, I just wanted to state that it's great to be back with Apple and I look forward to much enjoyment of my new phone.

uno mas

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I too came back to iOS from Android and couldn't be happier with my 6+ for all the reasons you stated above. Enjoy your new phone!

urrl

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I was very impressed with the display especially after swapping an LG G3 for my 6 Plus. Only after jailbreaking was I completely satisfied with it though. Now I would not trade it for anything. Congrats on your purchase.

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi guys. I have been with Android since switching from the iPhone 5, with my most recent phone being the Note 4. While the Note 4 was very nice, I have grown tired with Touch Wiz. I switched to Nova, but to me one of the most annoying things with Android is that in order to enjoy the phone's full capabilities, you have to replace the stock launcher or other programs and it never quite feels like it all comes together 100 percent. I was fortunate last Saturday to find a space grey 128 gig 6 Plus at my local Apple Store. It's been almost a week now, and all I can say is WOW! This is the iPhone I have always wanted. The battery life is by far the best I have had on any smartphone I've owned (and sadly I have owned more than I'd like to admit). The screen size is perfect. The Note 4 has a very vibrant screen, but I feel the 6 Plus is more realistic. I love the addition of the widgets to the notification screen. The build quality in my opinion is far ahead of any current Android phone. It's also awesome to be able to choose from the ton of cases and other accessories that are available. You don't get that kind of choice from Android. Any how, I just wanted to state that it's great to be back with Apple and I look forward to much enjoyment of my new phone.

I have a question, I had the Note 3 before going to the iPhone 6 Plus...

How is that ultra power saving mode with the Note 4? My battery on the Note 3 was great but before I switched I would've liked to have seen and used that option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome back!

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
The ultra power saving mode was very good for what it was, but it basically turned the phone into the equivalent of a LG EN V 2. I only used it to see what it did. I'm never far from a charger.

epic800

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the Note 4 on release day. I just recently switched back to iPhone. The Note 4 was a great phone, but I keep getting drawn back to iOS.

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I have had EVERY phone out there, I am very fortunate to not have to pay for the phones or the service, so I have every new phone that comes out... I am not saying that to show off.. I am say that because no matter what phone(s) I am currently using, I always come back to the iphone... I have the 6+ 16GB and it is amazing in every way possible.... I have a 128GB coming next week and I think that I may be done trying new phones twice a month once I get that.... There is NOTHING bad to say about the 6+ other than my ipad is getting lonely...

It is the one device that really does everything.... I am beyond happy with it

droidguy15

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations on your new phone. I was in a similar position too and have made the change. I've had Android phones since late 2009 and never thought I would own an iPhone. However, I do love Apple products, but the iPhone never really appealed to me. I have had every version of the Samsung Galaxy S class phones up to and including the S4. I switched to the Note 3 just about a year ago and really liked it. I really didn't have too many complaints about it other than the battery issue (not lasting very long which is why I bought an extra battery and charger). And of course Touch Wiz which was and is horrible!

I decided to upgrade two weeks ago and got the Note 4. It was nice, but quite frankly, I didn't care for its feel and weight. Also, I felt the touch screen wasn't responsive enough and I would have to constantly tap the same icon two to three times to invoke it. Maybe it was just a problem with my particular phone. In any case, I really didn't see much of a difference between the N3 and N4 and decided it wasn't worth wasting my upgrade on the same device.

So, since my entire family and all of my friends use iPhones, I decided to give it a try. I got lucky at my local Apple store and was able to get a space grey 64 gig iPhone 6 plus. Since I already have a Mac and an iPad, my iTunes and icloud was already setup and working. Therefore, I configured the phone in a matter of minutes and everything has been great ever since.

I'm not here to bash Android, but I have found that the older I get the less tinkering I want to do with my phone. I no longer need a third party launcher, email client, and spare batteries. The iPhone 6 Plus has amazing battery life. I am truly shocked. Furthermore, I am very happy with the App selection and layout. It seems like the developers put more time and effort into iOS apps than they do for Android apps. They look cleaner and seem to work slightly better.

Yes, there was a compromise to switching to the iPhone; less customization and non-removable battery. But, in the end, I believe it's a much better product for me. I now have access to PhotoStream, iMessage, and FaceTime. Those are huge pluses since my entire family and friends use the iPhone.

I just wanted to convey my thoughts and let you know that there probably will be a lot more Note converts on the way. Again, I do love the Note line of phones, but I only really wanted it due to the large screen size, not the s-pen which I rarely used.

Enjoy your new phone as I am enjoying mine!

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm not here to bash Android, but I have found that the older I get the less tinkering I want to do with my phone. I no longer need a third party launcher, email client, and spare batteries.

I have the same thought. I used to spend time tinkering, tweaking, etc., and it was fun. But now I just want something that works reliably and consistently, and for the most part, the iPhone does this. Do I have as much control over the look, feel, and functionality as I did with other devices (WinMo 5-6, Android, etc.)? No, but I rarely have time any more for such things. I just need my smartphone to work and not get distracted by all the cool things I could tweak and modify. I guess I've become an old curmudgeon. ?\_(ツ)_/?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Welcome back to Apple and I'm glad you're enjoying your 6+!

Also, welcome to iMore!

Btw, I can't own an Android without changing the ROM. It's a must.

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Congratulations on your new phone. I was in a similar position too and have made the change. I've had Android phones since late 2009 and never thought I would own an iPhone. However, I do love Apple products, but the iPhone never really appealed to me. I have had every version of the Samsung Galaxy S class phones up to and including the S4. I switched to the Note 3 just about a year ago and really liked it. I really didn't have too many complaints about it other than the battery issue (not lasting very long which is why I bought an extra battery and charger). And of course Touch Wiz which was and is horrible!

I decided to upgrade two weeks ago and got the Note 4. It was nice, but quite frankly, I didn't care for its feel and weight. Also, I felt the touch screen wasn't responsive enough and I would have to constantly tap the same icon two to three times to invoke it. Maybe it was just a problem with my particular phone. In any case, I really didn't see much of a difference between the N3 and N4 and decided it wasn't worth wasting my upgrade on the same device.

So, since my entire family and all of my friends use iPhones, I decided to give it a try. I got lucky at my local Apple store and was able to get a space grey 64 gig iPhone 6 plus. Since I already have a Mac and an iPad, my iTunes and icloud was already setup and working. Therefore, I configured the phone in a matter of minutes and everything has been great ever since.

I'm not here to bash Android, but I have found that the older I get the less tinkering I want to do with my phone. I no longer need a third party launcher, email client, and spare batteries. The iPhone 6 Plus has amazing battery life. I am truly shocked. Furthermore, I am very happy with the App selection and layout. It seems like the developers put more time and effort into iOS apps than they do for Android apps. They look cleaner and seem to work slightly better.

Yes, there was a compromise to switching to the iPhone; less customization and non-removable battery. But, in the end, I believe it's a much better product for me. I now have access to PhotoStream, iMessage, and FaceTime. Those are huge pluses since my entire family and friends use the iPhone.

I just wanted to convey my thoughts and let you know that there probably will be a lot more Note converts on the way. Again, I do love the Note line of phones, but I only really wanted it due to the large screen size, not the s-pen which I rarely used.

Enjoy your new phone as I am enjoying mine!

My entire family is on Apple and I have a MacBook Air, Ipad, Imac..... it just makes sense to have a iphone..my daughter is at College and Facetime is how we connect.. It just works... and now with a great battery and a larger screen it makes even more sense.

No disrespect to Android, Blackberry, Windows... they are all great in their own way.... Apple just makes sense for me

retrofred

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I am on the same boat as looks like most of you. I had been an Android user for quite a few years and like some of you have had more than fair share of different phones. I decided that I needed a change and tried the iPhone 6 4.7", but found it to small coming form the note 3 and returned it and went back to the note 3. When the note 4 came out, I jumped and got it and was disappointed at the lack of real upgrade over the note 3. So I got lucky and found my local Apple store had a space grey 64 gb 6 plus. So far i can't put the damn phone down. I love all simplicity of iOS and the battery life blows the note line away. I can easily go two days between charge if I wanted to. The apps look more polished then the same Android apps, and over all have found that I now have more options with app selection. To sum it up, I feel that I will be using the iPhone 6 plus for some time to come. It just does what I want it to, work without having to tweak it.