What case are you using for your iPhone 6 and 6 Plus?

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
The mileage definitely varies on them depending on use. I remember in a thread dedicated to this, there were many examples of the case not looking at bad as others after the same amount of time. Some used traditional leather protector products and cleaning products. I didn't. In my case, I think it was the daily in and out of pants pockets, the fact I would handle it after working out at my crossfit gym (which has your hands touching bars, plates, mats, etc), handling a lot of paper at work with ink on it, etc. Mine didn't stand a chance really.

I was thinking about locating a leather treatment to put on this. I guess in the long run its really only a $45 case- not like it's my $400 purse lol if I get a color I'd probably consider getting a treatment put on it. Maybe...

I have taken mine to the gym twice so far. I run with my phone in hand and haven't noticed anything yet. I'm not a huge sweat machine so I am thinking it'll be ok lol

Yes looking at your lifestyle.. Poor red case didn't stand a chance lol! It's ok though ;)

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, you're not alone then, count me in among those affected by CSD. I think I'm in the same ballpark as you, don't have an exact count though, but I keep coming across (err, actively looking for) new cases that catch my eye. Thank goodness that this years models of new iPhones will be the same sizes as the 6 and 6 plus - if the rumors are correct on that matter. Fingers crossed on that one though. 

Count me in on the CSD as well. I usually have around 8-10 cases I swap around with for my iPhones

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I am using the apple leather case for my iPhone 6 plus. It works out great for me. I also have a spigen tough armor with kickstand.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

How does the black apple leather case hold up as far as " wear and tear"?? Any significant discoloration?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I had to buy another case and so far I'm loving it, one of my favorite cases. Spigen Neo Hybrid, I bought the yellow one and it looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 84848
Here's an example of the red Apple leather case for the 5/5S. I thought out of the box it was the best looking case I'd ever seen. But this happened quickly. I've used black or navy blue since.

That's exactly what happened to my Red leather on the 5 version after about a week, I bought the silicone version of the 6 last year and was more than satisfied. As for leather cases, I stick with the midnight blue or plain black

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what happened to my Red leather on the 5 version after about a week, I bought the silicone version of the 6 last year and was more than satisfied. As for leather cases, I stick with the midnight blue or plain black

My midnight blue one now looks almost black. I don't mind it though. It still looks nice and has that weathered look.

iPhone 6 sending this your way!

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Here is the inside which shows what color it started out being and the last 2 are the outside.

d4b8ec5cbfe9dac9668e79b8d712d54f.jpg

367bfd95c2333333e3f9f69b9f8fa02d.jpg

0125ab1b1a54eb4cbb610d1b9e9c6fb5.jpg

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Going naked now, can't find a case I like. Probably gonna go check out the Apple leather cases since everyone seems to like them.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

I have my brown leather on right now, but I just ordered a couple of the shatterproof ultra thin cases from mono price. They add zero bulk, absolutely none, and are flush with the screen curve, and at $6 per case it's a steal. They add just the right amount of grip. I got one in clear and the other in ice blue. They should be here next week.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I have my brown leather on right now, but I just ordered a couple of the shatterproof ultra thin cases from mono price. They add zero bulk, absolutely none, and are flush with the screen curve, and at $6 per case it's a steal. They add just the right amount of grip. I got one in clear and the other in ice blue. They should be here next week.

That's exactly what I need. Something very thin & offers great protection. Could u possibly send me the link to them pls ?

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

batsai

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Best Skins Ever matte on the back and tempered glass on the front. I'm just to chicken to going all out naked...

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah not anymore. I'm ok w it though. It's held up pretty good u see the circumstances

I had to laugh because I've experienced the exact same. My midnight blue is now black lol. But like you say, it looks great.

I have tried case, after case, after case but for me, nothing comes close to the Apple leather case. The look, fit, and feel is perfect for me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I had to laugh because I've experienced the exact same. My midnight blue is now black lol. But like you say, it looks great.

I have tried case, after case, after case but for me, nothing comes close to the Apple leather case. The look, fit, and feel is perfect for me.

This. I have like 4 other cases and have tried several others and not a single one of them feels as perfect (to me) as the Apple leather cases. I'd still be rocking my original blue one (which weathered very nicely and had a nice dark shade of blue) had it not been damaged while I was working on my car. The black one I have right now is great...

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
How does the black apple leather case hold up as far as " wear and tear"?? Any significant discoloration?

I have had the case for a little over a month and have had no discoloration and it holds up great. I have recently cleaned and moisturized it with leather cleaner as well. I have the blue leather version and it holds up very well.

Best part is it covers the top of the phone and has just enough lip where I can sit the phone face down on the screen and not worry about it. Although I do have a tempered glass screen protector on it also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods