What case are you using for your iPhone 6 and 6 Plus?

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
The other case I keep going back to is the Apple leather in brown, but I am really, really happy with the Speck Candy Shell Grip.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

tanson1011

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
How do you guys decide how much drop protection you need? I'm kinda deciding how much is worth sacrificing aesthetic and ease of removing the case for.

Tech 21 cases are pretty thin but offer great protection. I've used many cases in the past from many manufacturers, and I really like the look, feel and protection from tech 21. Evo mesh smoke is what I have on my 6+. It's also my first tech 21 case.

joker256

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I only put a case on when I go for a run. Any other time it's naked. I love the feel of the iPhone 6+ and can't stand taking away from the beauty that Apple has created.

vindicatedephem

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Black Apple leather case for my space grey iPhone 6+ here. Couldn't be happier! With Belkin invisaglass shield from the Apple Store. 🏽

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Tech 21 cases are pretty thin but offer great protection. I've used many cases in the past from many manufacturers, and I really like the look, feel and protection from tech 21. Evo mesh smoke is what I have on my 6+. It's also my first tech 21 case.

My only complaint with the tech 21 case is that I wish the lip was bigger. It doesn't offer any real lay on the table protection. But yes, it's a good case overall. I'm deciding between it and the incipio ngp case. I don't want a bulky case that takes away from the phones feel, but I'd also like good protection.

tanson1011

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
My only complaint with the tech 21 case is that I wish the lip was bigger. It doesn't offer any real lay on the table protection. But yes, it's a good case overall. I'm deciding between it and the incipio ngp case. I don't want a bulky case that takes away from the phones feel, but I'd also like good protection.

Incipio cases are really nice too. Offer the nice lip at the front. Find some incipio cases to be a bit slippery though.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
That they are... Some slippery.... Decided to quit buying cases now and also tempered glass screen protectors.
I believe I've spent enough on these glass type to have them chipped in some way or the other... My last case purchase was a commuter and it came with a film type screen protector which I'll use together with a skin I installed on the back of my 6+

I'll use one of my many cases (symmetry, commuter, bumper or Lunatik) when heading outdoors

Btw the Lunatik is a knock off of the taktik that I grabbed on eBay for cheap

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Me.. Speck candyshell (faceplate version but opted to not use the faceplate portion because I have a glass screen protector ) that AT&T sells as its "exclusive" because it offers a scratch resistant version of the candyshell. And I know scratching is a common known issue with this brand and lemme tell ya.. The case isn't scratching at all. I have the black and gray version as well as the red and black version. Loving the red version but the black doesn't scratch either! Love this case!

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the Candyshell grip when I had to 6 and it was one of the best cases and I didn't get major scratching. Having the plus, I used only the Spigen Slim Armor and the Apple leather case. I may get the Black and Blue candyshell grip from best buy eventually

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I had the Candyshell grip when I had to 6 and it was one of the best cases and I didn't get major scratching. Having the plus, I used only the Spigen Slim Armor and the Apple leather case. I may get the Black and Blue candyshell grip from best buy eventually

I see a lot of people using the apple leather case. I tried it but returned it same day. I didn't know how well it'd hold up! Kinda wasn't sure about the feel either. Maybe it takes getting used to? Idk I had an iPhone 5 then sadly went to android for six months (never again) and got the 6. I guess I'm just used to the sturdier phone feel which is why I like speck so much.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I see a lot of people using the apple leather case. I tried it but returned it same day. I didn't know how well it'd hold up! Kinda wasn't sure about the feel either. Maybe it takes getting used to? Idk I had an iPhone 5 then sadly went to android for six months (never again) and got the 6. I guess I'm just used to the sturdier phone feel which is why I like speck so much.

Apple cases are overpriced and not made for protection, they are more for like keeping the device stylish but I like it as I'm not a fan of thick bulky cases (Which never again I will purchase an Otterbox), I've used Speck in the past and really didn't like the candyshell case but the grip I really liked. Anyways welcome back to the iPhone, I had gone to Android in the past but I still strongly dislike the OS, iPhone is more simple and friendly.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Android lagged so badly. It wasn't immediate either. Over time the functionality of the phone declined. I just didn't prefer it. Had the Galaxy s5.

I do like speck though. I don't have the grip version as I haven't found a color combo I like. I always had candyshells but didn't like that they scratched so easily. The AT&T version doesn't scratch. Not that I can tell! I'm not brutal on my phone or cases so that may be a factor but I've always been that way and with previous generations of these cases that weren't scratch resistant I still had scratches. So far so good! I have an otter box symmetry too but I love the feel of speck cases better :)

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Android lagged so badly. It wasn't immediate either. Over time the functionality of the phone declined. I just didn't prefer it. Had the Galaxy s5.

I do like speck though. I don't have the grip version as I haven't found a color combo I like. I always had candyshells but didn't like that they scratched so easily. The AT&T version doesn't scratch. Not that I can tell! I'm not brutal on my phone or cases so that may be a factor but I've always been that way and with previous generations of these cases that weren't scratch resistant I still had scratches. So far so good! I have an otter box symmetry too but I love the feel of speck cases better :)

Yeah, that was one thing I highly hated about Android was the lagging and all that stupid bloatware these phones included. I bought the Symmetry when I had the iPhone 5 but I thought it felt too cheap.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, that was one thing I highly hated about Android was the lagging and all that stupid bloatware these phones included. I bought the Symmetry when I had the iPhone 5 but I thought it felt too cheap.

A lot of people even said a 3ft drop onto carpet caused their screen to crack even with the cases on. Idk it's probably a fluke but idk. I feel like third party case companies didn't really have much time to produce a quality case in time for iPhone 6 release. Partly because apple is so secretive when it comes to releasing anything. So those jobs were probably rushed. But they should update the cases. I dropped my iPhone 5 from about 5 ft and it bounced off a table into tile flooring at my job with a symmetry on it and nothing happened to the phone or the case. I liked those but the symmetry was put out over a year after the phone released. It felt better than the new ones for the 6. I do like that speck has a nice feel. Very solid

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
A lot of people even said a 3ft drop onto carpet caused their screen to crack even with the cases on. Idk it's probably a fluke but idk. I feel like third party case companies didn't really have much time to produce a quality case in time for iPhone 6 release. Partly because apple is so secretive when it comes to releasing anything. So those jobs were probably rushed. But they should update the cases. I dropped my iPhone 5 from about 5 ft and it bounced off a table into tile flooring at my job with a symmetry on it and nothing happened to the phone or the case. I liked those but the symmetry was put out over a year after the phone released. It felt better than the new ones for the 6. I do like that speck has a nice feel. Very solid

Thanks for posting that! I was actually wondering about the level of protection offered by the Symmetry cases. You just answered my question, haha!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for posting that! I was actually wondering about the level of protection offered by the Symmetry cases. You just answered my question, haha!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

No problem! They for the most part have decent reviews but I've seen screens shattered in those! I was quite surprised given the reputable name.

anon(9490796)

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Kinda went through a case shopping spree and bought and returned several until I settled on one I like. I like the tech 21 cases too but not as much as the candyshell. Prob will put the tech 21 cases on eBay

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal