What case are you using for your iPhone 6 and 6 Plus?

ypmaiya

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I got the official Apple black leather case for my iPhone 6 Plus. Also purchased the Innerexile clear case that self heals against scratches. The clear case looks fabulous and is perfect to showcase my iPhone but at the same time it is very slippery and a finger print magnet. So back to Apple leather case now. Offers more premium feel and better grip.

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Just received my elago s6+ glide in the mail. To be honest the quality and finish is so much better then spigen cases. The yellow is much darker in person, the price was just under $20 from Amazon after taxes.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    747.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    705.8 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

stilltwinston

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm using the Seidio Surface Reveal with the holster and a Zagg glass screen protector . I still have the thin look and enough protection from drops..

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
After 3 months with the 6 Plus and switching between Apple leather, and 2 Spigen Ultra Hybrids (now on Craigslist) I've just put on my full rear carbon fiber dBrand skin! I like not having to take my case off to properly wipe the screen free of debris!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
After 3 months with the 6 Plus and switching between Apple leather, and 2 Spigen Ultra Hybrids (now on Craigslist) I've just put on my full rear carbon fiber dBrand skin! I like not having to take my case off to properly wipe the screen free of debris!

I have been using the Spigen Neo Hybrid for a while now. While I like it a lot I would love to be able to use the phone naked but it's too slippery. Does the skin you are using give you enough grip? I'm considering going this route.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It adds some grip to me. The matte skin would likely add more though. It can still be a little slippery but not as much as a completely naked phone.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the Spigen Neo Hybrid for a while now. While I like it a lot I would love to be able to use the phone naked but it's too slippery. Does the skin you are using give you enough grip? I'm considering going this route.

I've tried many cases and always go back to the neo hybrid. Fits best in the hand. And is low profile. The tech 21 is a close 2nd.

Sent from my  Iphone 6 

sectionsix

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Just got my RhinoShield case from Amazon and I love it. The grip on the bumper is nice and the rear screen protector is a nice clear mate finish (no finger prints). Yay!

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently own the Incipio NGP (wirecutter recommendation), the soeck candyshell grip, and a otterbox symmetry. The thing with the NGP is that it doesn't have a big lip on the case, so I'm worried about if the phone drops and it hits that. The soeck is great, but the rubber grips do catch on your pants sometimes. The symmetry is also good, but it is slick. So I feel like I'm gonna drop it sometimes.

Since I have AppleCare im thinking of just going back to the NGP and rolling the dice on if I drop it or not. I actually don't drop it that often.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm still looking for a suitable clear back protecting sticker/cover that allows me to go essentially naked with no case. I just need to have some grip. I did this with my last 5S and it was wonderful. They don't sell the same back sticker for the 6 Plus, for whatever reason. The search continues!

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I just have a Zagg back protector on my 6+ and it adds just a hit of grip.

-I've never tried the Zagg...but, right after I typed my response, I got on Amazon and noticed that they did release the 6Plus Skinomi back skin and that's what I used previously and it was great. So, I ordered that. Might have to order the Zagg too.

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
-I've never tried the Zagg...but, right after I typed my response, I got on Amazon and noticed that they did release the 6Plus Skinomi back skin and that's what I used previously and it was great. So, I ordered that. Might have to order the Zagg too.

Have you ever heard of Switcheasy AirMask? It's sort of like a skin but you protect your phone with two pieces and it's supposed to be really thin with grip. Check it out. I'm actually interested in it too.

http://www.switcheasy.com/airmask.php

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Where do you guys fall on the aesthetic vs protection argument? I have two case (the Incipio NGP and the soeck candyshell grip) and while the NGP is easier to hold and maintains the phones aesthetics more, I'm not sure how it would handle a drop. Whereas the speck looks a tad funky with its grip lines, but I feel will withstand a drop noticeably better since it's hard plastic and rubber inside.

I do have apple care, so I guess if I use the thinner case and the phone breaks I can just pay the deductible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro