Power users, feedback needed

lostinaustin

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I consider myself a power user , I am an IT professional of 15 years and use my phone almost everything so I can avoid breaking out the laptop whenever possible.ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1416748373.816907.jpg

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I consider myself a power user , I am an IT professional of 15 years and use my phone almost everything so I can avoid breaking out the laptop whenever possible.View attachment 72073

Based on your heavy usage, is that going to be enough to have for the rest of your contract? I don't store more than 100 songs if that. My main items are apps, pics, some small videos and a few movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You're getting down to zip storage available. You would benefit a bunch by uploading your photos and videos to cloud based apps like Dropbox, Box and OneDrive. Then you could delete them from your Photos app.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Tell me about it.
I need local storage, cloud solutions don't work for me, but thank you for the advice :).

Believe it or not I have already significantly curtailed my apps, music, photos, and videos that I have stored on the device.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Tell me about it.
I need local storage, cloud solutions don't work for me, but thank you for the advice :).

Believe it or not I have already significantly curtailed my apps, music, photos, and videos that I have stored on the device.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Have you ever tried Dropbox or Box? It's like an app. Easy access and viewing. Just as easy as your camera roll. Yet it's cloud based. And does not take your phone's storage space. It's not like iCloud.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I've been using drive for a while. 15gb for free. How does iCloud work? I haven't set it up yet. Stopped by best buy again. They had the 128. I had to run away from the sales rep as fast as I could lol.

lostinaustin

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Based on your heavy usage, is that going to be enough to have for the rest of your contract? I don't store more than 100 songs if that. My main items are apps, pics, some small videos and a few movies.

I have 3 HD movies (7 gig) , along with a bunch of huge pano images . The music is 6.8 gig .. And there are 15 games that are huge , some are a gig each ..

I don't think I will run out of space unless I load it up with games , but I tend to delete games when I get bored of them.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Due to OS updates being around 7GBs or so, I went with the 64GB version. For me, more than enough...

I love feedback like this. After looking at all the cloud options, I think I'll be good to go. I take more pics than video anyway and it will keep me from downloading crappy useless apps.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
With 128 GB I finally have breathing room again. I lost more than half my music in an emergency restore on 4S (all CDS, so not really lost). I also weeded out a ton of apps and videos and photos and chats.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1416837084.680969.jpg

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, well I left the world of android and along the way I found this forum. I have a question that looks like it didn't take in my last posting. I purchased the 64gb iPhone 6 plus because there were no 128 available. In my android phone I had a 64gb card and 32gb internal storage. Both of those storage options were not maxed out. I was wondering if the power users here opted for the 64gb model in lieu of the 128? I'm just use to removable storage and couldn't wait for the December ship time. Thanks

I went for the 128G. I went for the 16G in my iPad 3 and I'll never buy low on memory again.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Just when I started convincing myself lol.

LOL!!!! 64G is probably all you'll need. I like to keep movies and music synced locally and I'm a huge fan of Downton Abbey so I wanted to make sure I was covered. I do delete messages though.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
LOL!!!! 64G is probably all you'll need. I like to keep movies and music synced locally and I'm a huge fan of Downton Abbey so I wanted to make sure I was covered. I do delete messages though.

I like to delete movies right after I watch them. I'm probably going to end up buying an iPad mini 2 128 and leave my phone and stuff for my messaging and social media.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yup that's another option.
Thar be many ways to defur a feline.....

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
After being in the tech game for many decades I'm a firm believer that large local storage wether it's on a phone, tablet or even a Computer for most people is completely unnecessary, and most often detrimental...
I'm not talking about the users who'll use that storage space for shooting hours worth of HD videos for a project, but the more common user that feels the need to keep every APP, song , picture, video, and movie locally. Of course these are the same folks that come here crying about how they lost all of their 5 year olds baby pictures when their iPhone gets stolen.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
After being in the tech game for many decades I'm a firm believer that large local storage wether it's on a phone, tablet or even a Computer for most people is completely unnecessary, and most often detrimental...
I'm not talking about the users who'll use that storage space for shooting hours worth of HD videos for a project, but the more common user that feels the need to keep every APP, song , picture, video, and movie locally. Of course these are the same folks that come here crying about how they lost all of their 5 year olds baby pictures when their iPhone gets stolen.

I was just having this discussion with a coworker this morning. I remember last year the memory card in my DSLR, corrupted and I lost everything that was on there. I have been using cloud storage in some capacity since then. I believe for this reason I will stay with my 64gb.

nat750

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I've always used a 32gb and been happy. It was nice to get 64gb at no extra cost on last years prices ( just extra to get a 6 plus) now I find myself putting extra stuff on my phone just because I can 'Just In Case'. I've got iTunes Match for my music so it's nice to know it's there in the cloud if I need it but I've still got 28gb space left on my phone. I personally feel the bigger storage is more for people who travel a lot so need to have a lot of things stored on their phone. I think 32gb is the sweet spot for most.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Well I'd say that I'm a power user.
I love taking snapshots, selfies, random pics and stuff and I carry my music around on the iPhone 6+

I'm perfectly fine with 64gb
Imo 16gb are way too less you just have around 12gb to use, 32gb are a good compromise for those who don't have a lot of music to carry with them or using spotify or other radio services, people who have an organized photo lab and always back their stuff up on their pc, 64gb is great for power users like me who like to carry many apps, songs, pics with them, 128gb is great for power users who like to have movies on their phone, carry their whole music lab with them, have many apps installed (or games),..

95e2f8a71b1af8c7e5b85da3563abbc1.jpg

8863c6a44f01ae494801087aee799da4.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal