Can I replace the glass not the digitizer on my iPhone 6 plus?

tab01234

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
IPHONE 6 plus screen

Is it possible to replace only the glass screen and not the digitizer on a 6plus? A friend of mine dropped his phone, had a screen protector, cracked the screen, but the digitizer seems fine. its the difference between a 50.00 and a 300.00 part. thanks!

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: IPHONE 6 plus screen

Is it possible to replace only the glass screen and not the digitizer on a 6plus? A friend of mine dropped his phone, had a screen protector, cracked the screen, but the digitizer seems fine. its the difference between a 50.00 and a 300.00 part. thanks!

I haven't seen this possibility on any iPhone since the 3G, and based on the thinness of 6 plus , I find it highly unlikely but I don't know. Check etechparts.com, I bought all my replacement iPhone parts from them, give them a call they will have the answer.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: IPHONE 6 plus screen

They are one piece, so no. The glass CAN be separated, but you have to have special equipment to do so...and it would end up costing you more than just replacing both anyways.

jasspet

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Some said you can't separate glass from diglitzier on 6plus well I have done that but as of yet haven't been able to test the digitizer to see if it works as screen was given to me to see if it could be done. I don't know the effect removing it from the glass will have on sensor cables. Has any one else done this and was the operation successful?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro