Which one is better the iPhone 6 or the iPhone 6 plus?

brookeyydo0o

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
iphone 6 vs iphone 6plus

I had the iPhone 6 and went to the iPhone 6 plus I love the phone, but sometimes I feel like it can be too big for every day use and travels... IM TORN.. Who got the 6 and went to the plus? How do you feel? Did you go back to the 6?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: iphone 6 vs iphone 6plus

I purchased my Verizon iPhone 6 on eBay and later decided that I wanted to try the 6 Plus as I didn't feel like the 6 was a true upgrade from my 5S. I then ordered the 6 Plus from Verizon and received it on 10/27. Going to the 6 Plus was the best thing in my case. It only took a few days to get used to the larger size of the 6 Plus VS my 6. My iPhone 6 Plus is the device that I now use everyday while my iPhone 6 mostly sits in the box for the few times that I want to carry something smaller. After using the 6 Plus for a month now I don't think I could ever go back to using a smaller phone again. My advice is to give it a few days and I think you'll get used to the larger sized 6 Plus. If not, you can always exchange it for the 6 before the end of your trial period.
Good luck with your decision. :)

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site

I just did this Thursday, I had a launch day space gray ip6 and decided I wanted a 6+ so I traded my 6 in for 580$ and put it towards my new iPhone 6+ silver. Its huge but feels like a better upgrade.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I think both phones are great. Had a chance to play around with a 6 a family's member has and it's a nice upgrade from a 5S and below.
I went with a 6 Plus because the screen size is a nice change of pace. It seems over time the size of the 6 Plus becomes less of a mobility issue. It fits in my front pants pocket just fine with room to spare.
I do tend to put it in my inside pocket of my coat more than when I had a 5S.
I think the deciding factor is what feels most comfortable to you. To the point where you don't think about it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

gtricecakes

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

I always thought the plus was way too big. Coming from a 5, it really just seemed big to me. Then I decided to jump ship and try a Samsung s5 and at first that felt big to me, but I got used to it.

Now I have a plus and it does feel big, but it also feels pretty nice to have. It also helps that the plus has optical image stabilization and the 6 only has digital. Makes the pictures a little crisper, imo.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

In my opinion the 6 but if I liked a big phone like the 6 plus, then my opinion would be the 6 plus.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I have gone back and forth on this. There really isn't a "better" phone between the two. It's "better for you" issue. Even that has been hard for me since there are times that the smaller 6 would be better for me, but most of the time I would benefit from the larger 6 plus. I am going to be making a choice today if all goes well. My wife is going with the 6 though. I was told my local best buy has the 6 and 6 plus in stock in the 64gb and that's what I need for each of us.

DeJonneJ

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there is a better phone. The iPhone 6 is probably the best smartphone and I love the design, it's big but doesn't feel big. I love my 6 plus because I wanted more than a phone. So as a phablet, it's awesome. Thin, light, great camera and great battery. I think the benefits of larger phones outweigh the comfort of the 6 for me personally. But both are awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I feel the phones are for 2 different people. If you are not a heavy user, big into watching movies, etc, the 6 will easily handle everything you throw at it and last most of the day. The 6+ is for those who really want to take advantage of the larger screen and battery. Phablets aren't for everyone, but you really can't go wrong with either, and I don't think any one is necessarily "better" than the other

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

At first I wanted the Plus. A few weeks later, I decided I want the 6 and ordered it. I'm in love with the size, it's the perfect size for me. A friend of mine got the Plus, and I'm glad I didn't get it because its humongous!

Sent from my iPhone 6

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

I had the iPhone 6 and went to the iPhone 6 plus I love the phone, but sometimes I feel like it can be too big for every day use and travels... IM TORN.. Who got the 6 and went to the plus? How do you feel? Did you go back to the 6?

I went from the 6 to 6 plus for the 6 i had the 128gb but for plus i went for 64gb didn't really needed that extra space, and I'm loving my choice to move to the 6 plus the screen looks awesome the size is perfect and man love the native 1080p display!! Crisp and smooth!!

leannza1

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

They're both great. When I got my 6 Plus my husband said he liked the bigger screen. He currently has a 5C. But the 6 Plus won't fit in his pocket, which is a big disadvantage for him. I'm buying him the 6 for Christmas (hopefully it gets here before Christmas Day). I know he'll like the bigger size of the 6 and like the fact that it can still fit in his pocket. I had a LG G3 before I got the 6 Plus so I was already used to a phablet. I use it for everything. It's the iPhone I've always wanted. I love it!

BAV LAI

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

Iphone 6 cause easy to carry to every where and comfortable ......6+is big if i want a big one i'll buy ipad.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site

As someone previously posted, its all about what you want in a phone. I had the 6 and traded it for the 6+ and couldn't be happier, my wife has the 6 and says she's glad she didn't get the + because its to big. Its about what the individual user wants and what they will be using it for.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

If you're asking which one is better FOR YOU...that's impossible to answer.

From a purely technical standpoint, the iPhone 6 Plus is a more feature rich phone with a better camera and better battery (those two being the most dramatic difference between the two devices). If someone were to pick which phone gives you more function for your money, the iPhone 6 Plus would be it...but that comes with the price of having a very large device at 5.5".

I personally wish there was a smaller sized device (the regular 6's size is better in my opinion) with the upgraded features/function of the Plus model. If there was, I would have traded this one for it about a week after I got it.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I think both devices are fantastic, personally though I do enjoy the iPhone 6 plus more ... It fits better in my hand and gets superior battery life.

Sent from my Parallels Virtual Platform using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner