Why am I very OCD when it comes to screen protectors?

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Someone help me!! I have a very bad ocd... I have the space gray 6+ and on Wednesday they installed the zagg glass awesome no specs or dust on the actual active screen but like on the bottom right side next to the home button there is tiny like 2 white specs tiny only visible mostly outside or looking very close to it and a tiny hair very tiny not only visible when I get close to or focus on those specs, The thing is now that I noticed them when I see the phone I look there :(.. I want to fight it and not mess with it but what would you all do? Try to take it them off with tape and probably mess up the glass protector or just leave them... I'm going to fight it but I just need to know who here has like small specs or anything? Need to let it out seriously but I need to fight this OCD, my friends note 4 he has like 3 specs which I see and he doesn't he isn't very ocd with his note, my boss has a tiny green spec on his White/Gold 6+ behind his glass protector... I see them and I try to be like them just wondering if anyone else has specs too..

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm the complete opposite. My Diztronic case is pushing up the corners on my screen protector. It looks funky lol.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Nope I would take it off lol. I do mine in the bathroom with the shower on hot so there is no dust floating around. Works perfect. It drives me crazy also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Im with you!!!!!! I put a Verizon branded glass protector on mine and on the edges you can see where its not sticking and a couple of little specs.... Im thing of taking it off because its driving me crazy.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector at all. The screen is nearly impossible to scratch or break. You'll get smudges and finger prints no matter what the protector company says. So bottom line is your screen will look it's best and most crisp with nothing on it. I use a case so the camera lens is never flush on anything nor is the screen no matter how I lay it down, but you'll be amazed how great your display looks just as is.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope I would take it off lol. I do mine in the bathroom with the shower on hot so there is no dust floating around. Works perfect. It drives me crazy also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EXACTLY this^^.....I'm OCD as well. I just do my own installation the bathroom with the shower on hot to remove dust particles from the air. Works every time.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The term OCD sure is being thrown around here liberally...lol. Not sure many know what that condition actually is vs. simply being overly anal about something.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Nah I'm leaving it don't want to take off put another one and risk specs or dust behind the screen protector happened already so many so just going to ignore it and just say hey at least its not on the active part of the screen where i see most of the time

uno mas

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Specks and bubbles beneath a screen protector absolutely drive me crazy too, which is why I haven't used one in over 3 years. The gorilla glass is tough, never had a scratch.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I've got an intense amount of OCD (Clinically diagnosed). I buy colored tempered glass to ensure that if there is dirt, it won't be visible. As long as I make sure there is no dust on the main touchscreen, it will look perfect. I buy a cheap screen protector the same day I buy the tempered glass. Clean the screen, install the regular screen protector. Then take it off 10 minutes later and quickly install the tempered glass while blowing on the screen to keep dust off it.

That's my style. I used to work for a cellphone store, so I've got a lot of experience.

I also check doors a couple times, overly lock my car, I've got this crazy habit of organizing (then reorganizing the organization)... LOL

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I've got an intense amount of OCD (Clinically diagnosed). I buy colored tempered glass to ensure that if there is dirt, it won't be visible. As long as I make sure there is no dust on the main touchscreen, it will look perfect. I buy a cheap screen protector the same day I buy the tempered glass. Clean the screen, install the regular screen protector. Then take it off 10 minutes later and quickly install the tempered glass while blowing on the screen to keep dust off it.

That's my style. I used to work for a cellphone store, so I've got a lot of experience.

I also check doors a couple times, overly lock my car, I've got this crazy habit of organizing (then reorganizing the organization)... LOL

I am the same when I lock the door when I leave the house or my store! I have to double check and at the store when I close I have to pull the door like 5 times or more to make sure its lock hahaha

Well I'm not moving the screen protector or messing with it don't want to risk taking it off go and install another one and then might get dust or specs on the active screen.. Maybe I'm like this because just got the 6+ on Wednesday lol, but I have seen my coworkers note 4 and he also has specs and even on the active screen it doesn't bother him but it did to me but it helped me say hey at least mine aren't so visible only if I get close to them and focus on them and they aren't on the active screen like my coworkers note 4.. :sick:

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector at all. The screen is nearly impossible to scratch or break. You'll get smudges and finger prints no matter what the protector company says. So bottom line is your screen will look it's best and most crisp with nothing on it. I use a case so the camera lens is never flush on anything nor is the screen no matter how I lay it down, but you'll be amazed how great your display looks just as is.

Im with you on this but, the only reason i really do use one is if i where to drop the phone and the screen breaks, the glass protector breaks and not the actual screen.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Im with you on this but, the only reason i really do use one is if i where to drop the phone and the screen breaks, the glass protector breaks and not the actual screen.

My reason for tempered glass exactly. I've seen it take a beating and it really protects the screen below it.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
My M7 was real tree Otterboxed, so it had built in screen protection. I never had a screen protector on any Blackberries or iPads. Somebody mentioned iLoome on a thread somewhere and I looked it up. I also now understand why the screen protector that came with the wife's case didn't apppear to fit correctly. I just order one for my 6+ and one for her 6. For some reason I have a little bit of paranoia about the screen on my 6+.

Someone help me!! I have a very bad ocd... I have the space gray 6+ and on Wednesday they installed the zagg glass awesome no specs or dust on the actual active screen but like on the bottom right side next to the home button there is tiny like 2 white specs tiny only visible mostly outside or looking very close to it and a tiny hair very tiny not only visible when I get close to or focus on those specs, The thing is now that I noticed them when I see the phone I look there :(.. I want to fight it and not mess with it but what would you all do? Try to take it them off with tape and probably mess up the glass protector or just leave them... I'm going to fight it but I just need to know who here has like small specs or anything? Need to let it out seriously but I need to fight this OCD, my friends note 4 he has like 3 specs which I see and he doesn't he isn't very ocd with his note, my boss has a tiny green spec on his White/Gold 6+ behind his glass protector... I see them and I try to be like them just wondering if anyone else has specs too..

Your boss and friend are happy and content. Remember that.

Manny13840

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
My M7 was real tree Otterboxed, so it had built in screen protection. I never had a screen protector on any Blackberries or iPads. Somebody mentioned iLoome on a thread somewhere and I looked it up. I also now understand why the screen protector that came with the wife's case didn't apppear to fit correctly. I just order one for my 6+ and one for her 6. For some reason I have a little bit of paranoia about the screen on my 6+.

Your boss and friend are happy and content. Remember that.

Yep thats why I need to be like that and just leave it and not let it control me

salmanhkhan

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Brother i used to be same like you when it came to screen protectors on my brand new iphones. But this time due to the curved edges of 6plus i decided not to use it and then after the first drop to the concrete all my OCD evaporated. Jus go on n enjoy your device and use it like they r meant to be used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I had best buy install a zagg hd yesterday and it came out perfect. Got home and was started using my phone and there's a black lint right dead center of my screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711