Anyone still experiencing bugs with the 6 plus after the 8.1.1 update?

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
After the update I thought for sure most of the bugs would be gone but I'm still experiencing the same ones before the update. For example. When I'm at the lock screen and I try to swipe up the control center it won't swipe up I have to swipe to the left to the passcode and swipe back and now the control center would swipe up when I need it too. Also some apps still randomly close like Safari and Google. This is becoming annoying. Anyone still having bugs on theirs?

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed any new bugs and the ones that were present prior to the update are still here. Only difference is that I haven't had that random reboot issue as yet.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark

lauriep05

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I have had very few issues, and none repetitive. But overnight, it dropped my purchased ringtones, and I had to re-buy them, as they did not show up on iTunes as purchased. I have had a couple of random reboots, but nothing consistent. And no obvious changes with update.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Nothing significant...occasional issues with the control center on the lock screen, maybe once out of a dozen or so tries. Other than that, noticed that when I'm looking at my messages list and the little contact bubble picture on the left is showing in vertical mode, sometimes the name overlaps until I leave the screen and go back in.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
That control center on the lockscreen issue has been present on my 6 Plus, 6, and 5S (that I've been using for a day or so). Pretty much the same once out of a dozen times like Sean.

It was present on my 5S from iOS 8 Beta 1 as well.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I wonder what causes some people to have bugs and others don't.

Honestly, that's like asking someone to understand women.

It just varies device to device. Software updates just have a different effect on everyone no matter what. Computers, tablets, phones, etc. There is just so much you can find wrong during the beta process as opposed to what you'll get once you release your software to millions and millions of users.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Only issue I have seen is the same Control center bug with the lock screen. Most of the time it works, though. This update has been very solid on all my iDevices otherwise so I really can't complain.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Dave Briscoe

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Yep still have the same bugs the control center bug I thought was my spigen glas tr so I removed it. When I'm watching any video in safari and I rotate into landscape the video stutters. I've also had some random restarts. When plugged in to my pc iTunes says I have 4K + photos when I look in my photo album I have 900 I took it took it to Apple twice and called numerous times and was told they try not to replace a phone with "software" issues I've restored in dfu mode several times.

Dave Briscoe

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah sometimes while in landscape and on safari I can't select anything unless I put the phone upright and then back to landscape then it works. I've had every iPhone since the 2g (with the exception of the 5 my gf has the 6) and this is the first I'm having issues that are driving me up the wall. I've had the 6 plus since release day shipped from Apple.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Not experiencing any bugs yet. Control Center on lock screen is cool. No apps closing.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

cruiz1022

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
I've had issues as well. There are times where I'll switch from loud to vibrate and the vibrate icon will stay shown. The only way to make it go away is by restarting the phone.

Another issue is when I double click to go between open apps it'll freeze for a few seconds.

It's pretty frustrating after making the switch from my Note 3 but whatever hopefully it gets better as updates keep coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Battery still jumping percentages. 61% to 59%, 55% to 53%. Noticed it on other devices. Not major but a niggle. Control centre sometimes not flicking up still.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Another one for Control Center intermittently not responding. Several apps are crashing though since 8.1.1.

IMG_1632.jpg

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I can't select links in safari sometimes. I have to scroll up then down and then I can click links. That and when I get a text message while in Facebook the screen will not scroll. I have notifications set to banners. Only issues I've had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711