Anyone still experiencing bugs with the 6 plus after the 8.1.1 update?

lauriep05

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Two things, although I can't remember if they were issues before the latest upgrade:

Music app non-functional. Frozen and unable to un-freeze. Music never finished downloading from iTunes on setup.

Keeps losing my purchased ringtone, forcing me to re-buy it. Which I have done several times because iTunes cannot seem to see I am re-purchasing.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Two things, although I can't remember if they were issues before the latest upgrade:

Music app non-functional. Frozen and unable to un-freeze. Music never finished downloading from iTunes on setup.

Keeps losing my purchased ringtone, forcing me to re-buy it. Which I have done several times because iTunes cannot seem to see I am re-purchasing.

I have had to repurchase all my ringtones on iPad and iPhone since updating to iOS 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EEZ123

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
When I get a phone call while using a Bluetooth device and I answer it works fine but when the call ends it no longer connects to the Bluetooth device effectively. Lots of stutters. I have to put the phone in airplane mode then reconnect to the speaker or headphone to get the Bluetooth device to work well again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Another one for Control Center intermittently not responding. Several apps are crashing though since 8.1.1.

View attachment 72091
I've gotten crash reports like that on every phone I've had. Most I don't recall happening. It's kind of strange, because a few have been apps I had not used for a very long time. So I don't pay much attention to those reports. If I'm on an app, and it crashes, I'll know it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Wifi seems better so far. Still have occasional lockups and long pauses where the device is non-responsive. Annoying more than anything. I'll probably restore as new over the long weekend to see if that clears out anything. (I did this for the 8.1 update but did OTA for 8.1.1.)

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I heard that 8.1.1 is to address issues on older devices. Therefore, I am staying with 8.1 for now. And my 6Plus has no issue whatsoever running 8.1.

okanagan.mike

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I have consistently had the same issue with all iterations of iOS 8 where the phone was hesitant to change from portrait to landscape and vice versa when typing email or texts. This happened with my 6 from launch day, and more recently with my 6 Plus which I have had for the last ten days or so. Sometimes it changes orientation without a hitch and other times I am trying repeatedly without success to get it to change.

mamutarka

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, just got 6+ and this is the issue. I have 10mb/s connection, when i speedtest my PC it is 10mb/s, but when I enable wifi on my iPhone, connection on my PC drops, also speedtest on iPhone is like 3-4mb/s (pc is connected via cable, not wifi), how can this be?

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
One thing that I've noticed is that if i download an app form the app store on my phone, it WILL NOT sync to iTunes. I have to download it in iTunes in order to get it there.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I still have the control center lockscreen bug most of the time and I've had a landscape touchscreen issue not recognizing being touched flip back to portrait and it's fine ... But it only happens once in a while but it's still mildly annoying at this point lol

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Wifi seems better so far. Still have occasional lockups and long pauses where the device is non-responsive. Annoying more than anything. I'll probably restore as new over the long weekend to see if that clears out anything. (I did this for the 8.1 update but did OTA for 8.1.1.)

I'm having the same issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

panjwani

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
Any way to resolve the search bugg wen i drop down the search on the home screen and search a contact , app etc etc it simply dosent show up this is not frequent thou but at times this does happens and its kinda irritating:(

DeJonneJ

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not having a single problem with my iPhone except for third party keyboards being unusable for me. Outside of that, typical iPhone stability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
My 6+ is not doing too well the past few days. Not sure if the issues are due to 8.1.1, one or more apps, or a combination of iOS and app interaction; but tend to believe that's the case more than the 6+ having hardware issues that are contributing to the crashes and bugs.

Attachments

• IMG_1683.jpg
    IMG_1683.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1684.jpg
    IMG_1684.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 13

anon(124566)

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, just got 6+ and this is the issue. I have 10mb/s connection, when i speedtest my PC it is 10mb/s, but when I enable wifi on my iPhone, connection on my PC drops, also speedtest on iPhone is like 3-4mb/s (pc is connected via cable, not wifi), how can this be?

This issue may have multiple sources and the hardware used needs to be examined.