They need to add more to the 6 plus to convert people imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I initially left after my iPhone 4 because I wanted a big phone and LTE. Now the 6 plus has both and got me to seriously think about buying the 6 plus but while I don't know myself what it needs I just feel a few more features might convince me to get the iPhone 6s plus or whatever they call it. I think it's a fantastic phone and love the features like can accept phone calls from my iPad but I feel it needs 1 or 2 more features. Maybe if they added multitasking it would be help me get an iPhone 6 plus.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I initially left after my iPhone 4 because I wanted a big phone and LTE. Now the 6 plus has both and got me to seriously think about buying the 6 plus but while I don't know myself what it needs I just feel a few more features might convince me to get the iPhone 6s plus or whatever they call it. I think it's a fantastic phone and love the features like can accept phone calls from my iPad but I feel it needs 1 or 2 more features. Maybe if they added multitasking it would be help me get an iPhone 6 plus.

It does multitask quite well. I don't have Safari tabs reloading constantly, and I can have a few things open in the background at the same time. If you are talking about split-screen multitasking, then obviously the iPhone doesn't have that, but hopefully it'll get added soon. :)

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
It does multitask quite well. I don't have Safari tabs reloading constantly, and I can have a few things open in the background at the same time. If you are talking about split-screen multitasking, then obviously the iPhone doesn't have that, but hopefully it'll get added soon. :)
Yes I mean like that like on Samsung devices :)

Hopefully it does because I would Consider it

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Ok thanks!

Alex Gosser

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

I doubt split-screen will be added. It's not needed and would over-complicate the ios.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes I mean like that like on Samsung devices :)

Hopefully it does because I would Consider it

Yup it does it just like Samsung devices. I can hardly tell the difference.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I doubt split-screen will be added. It's not needed and would over-complicate the ios.
Eh I can dream though. I like ios with the Ipad more then android tablets but need something to convince me to move yet again to another ecosystem Tbh. Multitasking like that could be cool on a 5.5 inch phone Imo. I would assume the A9 chip will be 3 cores and 2gb of ram like the new Ipad air 2 has?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Your thread title seems to imply that the iPhone 6 Plus really didn't convert people very well as it sits...and that is pretty funny to me. Everyone always wants one or two things beyond what each iteration of ANY phone has at any given time, but to be honest, this is a very feature rich device, and I'd be willing to put money on the fact that the screen size alone did plenty of converting for Apple.

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I've never once seen a practical use for samsungs version of "multitasking" on a phone. Even if it has a 5.5" screen. On a tablet, yes. On a phone, no.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Only one or two more features, huh? It sounds like you have something in mind. Is it the stylus features or multi-window?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Your thread title seems to imply that the iPhone 6 Plus really didn't convert people very well as it sits...and that is pretty funny to me. Everyone always wants one or two things beyond what each iteration of ANY phone has at any given time, but to be honest, this is a very feature rich device, and I'd be willing to put money on the fact that the screen size alone did plenty of converting for Apple.

Umm the verge or technobuffalo quite stated it already didn't based on a 3rd party survey. Most of the people buying iPhones are in fact people who bought iPhones

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I've never once seen a practical use for samsungs version of "multitasking" on a phone. Even if it has a 5.5" screen. On a tablet, yes. On a phone, no.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I use it all the time on my Samsung Galaxy note 4 ....,if they added it on the iPhone I would consider it myself more seriously .

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Only one or two more features, huh? It sounds like you have something in mind. Is it the stylus features or multi-window?

I do and I don't . I went to Verizon a few weeks ago after leaving t-mobile and thought about getting a iPhone 6 plus and even at launch thought about it but I decided staying in the ecosystem was just easier for me and while I did change for an iPad for phones nothing really screamed at me to change. To simply put this is just s bigger iPhone and which isn't a bad thing and was what I wanted 3-4 years ago it's not enough imo. True multitasking like how it's done with android or multi window would probably make me switch

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Umm the verge or technobuffalo quite stated it already didn't based on a 3rd party survey. Most of the people buying iPhones are in fact people who bought iPhones

Source? Links?

Bloomberg had this to say before the iPhone was even released...

Bloomberg reports that Android phone trade-ins have increased exponentially since Apple’s press event, signaling that many Android users were just waiting for Apple to introduce an iPhone with a larger display.

...and then after...

Reports by Bloomberg have shown a healthy conversion rate of non-Apple users as the new iOS devices begin rolling out after release. While Apple never really officially releases device specific sales numbers, major hiring of Genius Bar employees to cover the overwhelming amount of new user setup appointments have pretty much defined a pretty significant exodus from other platforms to the new Apple smart phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods