iPhone 6+ Otterbox Defender

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
But I have had 3 people drop a iPhone in a Lifeproof case from head level and all three have cracked the screen. My daughter dropped our iPad Mini from 3 stories up onto concrete and it survived using a Otterbox.

Anyway, I ordered 2 Otterbox Defenders for my wife and I and both have the air gap. I am currently submitting a warranty claim with Otterbox to get them replaced.

I've had lifeproof cases on all my devices since the iPad 2, iPhone 4/4S/5/5S and my iPad Air First Gen have yet to have a screen shatter from any level

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up the Otterbox Defender for my 6 plus tonight at a local Verizon! Loving it! It had a little bit of the air gap issue...for about 30 seconds then I took the plastic protector out and that problem went away.

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
You should've gotten the Griffin Survivor instead. It's dust and water resistant, has better build quality, and it's cheaper. Oh and it comes with a belt holster at no extra cost. I've been using it with my iphone 6 plus for two months now. Only real complaint I have with the case is the plastic covering the camera makes taking pictures with the case on kind of hazy. It's survived a few drops in outdoor environments without any trouble.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Stay away from the griffin. It defuses the screen and makes it look pixelated. It's also a dust and lint magnet on the outside and the films over the camera holes make your pictures look hazy.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the Griffin Survivor on my sons iPad. I absolutely hate that case. I'd never get another griffin. I've had probably 10 Otterboxes and I've never had a problem with a single one.

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I just tore out the screen protector and installed a body guardz glass protector. Works great. I just don't like the weakened sides along the bezels. Touch ID was awful with the protector in the defender.

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the Griffin Survivor on my sons iPad. I absolutely hate that case. I'd never get another griffin. I've had probably 10 Otterboxes and I've never had a problem with a single one.

This is the only Otterbox I have ever had any issue with and I have been using them since the Blackberry Tour released. That is why I am not to worried about the gap but I am getting them replaced under the warranty. That is another reason I love Otterbox: they stand behind their product.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
This is the only Otterbox I have ever had any issue with and I have been using them since the Blackberry Tour released. That is why I am not to worried about the gap but I am getting them replaced under the warranty. That is another reason I love Otterbox: they stand behind their product.

Yes they are very good about standing behind their product. I have had the outer silicone tear on my from removing it so many times and they replaced it no questions asked. They're a good company and I am pleased to see how far they have come since I started buying them with my iPhone 4. I never once put a case on any of my blackberry's. Always kept them in that handy little pouch.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes they are very good about standing behind their product. I have had the outer silicone tear on my from removing it so many times and they replaced it no questions asked. They're a good company and I am pleased to see how far they have come since I started buying them with my iPhone 4. I never once put a case on any of my blackberry's. Always kept them in that handy little pouch.

I loved that little blackberry pouch. Have had my defender for a few days now and still love it. Upset because the green shell I wanted came out the day after I received the gray and white. Oh well. Will order one soon.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I loved that little blackberry pouch. Have had my defender for a few days now and still love it. Upset because the green shell I wanted came out the day after I received the gray and white. Oh well. Will order one soon.

I want the green shell too, but I can't see spending $35 on it from Otterbox when I know eventually Verizon will have a full case with the green and I can get that for $45. I guess I'll have to stick it out for a while.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I want the green shell too, but I can't see spending $35 on it from Otterbox when I know eventually Verizon will have a full case with the green and I can get that for $45. I guess I'll have to stick it out for a while.

That is exactly why I haven't ordered it yet. I used that verizon deal. By the end of the year though I'll talk myself into it.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly why I haven't ordered it yet. I used that verizon deal. By the end of the year though I'll talk myself into it.

I can't stand buying accessories anywhere besides verizon since I get 20% them. The only time I do, I get them from best buy and make them Price Match amazon. I did that with a defender for my 5. I think I ended up getting it for like $25 or something when they were $45 at the store. I have a friend who works at best buy and he said they get Otterboxes for like $15 or something crazy low like that.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I wish. I usually order from Amazon when they get to about $30.

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't stand buying accessories anywhere besides verizon since I get 20% them. The only time I do, I get them from best buy and make them Price Match amazon. I did that with a defender for my 5. I think I ended up getting it for like $25 or something when they were $45 at the store. I have a friend who works at best buy and he said they get Otterboxes for like $15 or something crazy low like that.

Yea usually any employee that works there gets it at cost +10% (that's how it was in Canada)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR