iPhone 6+ Otterbox Defender

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
First one had the air gap issues as many of you may know of. Just go check out the reviews. Otterbox told me to call their CS and order from from the new batch. I ordered the case this past Friday from the new batch and as expected, same exact issue. Just wanted to warn you guys not to buy a defender even if they tell you the issue has been fixed. I'm looking at one now and it's just as bad.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
This seems to be an every year thing. I have abandoned otterbox due to the gap between the screen protector and the screen. It's terrible for typing and touch screens in general. You would think they would either learn how to fix it or just stop making the product.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have loved every Otterbox I have ever bought. Never seemed to have an issue with anything. I always order as soon as they come available too.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
The "air gap" issue is a gap between the screen protector and the screen, making for a bad touch screen experience. Typically, the plastic lays very flat on the screen and there's no issue. This time around it's been a very well known issue on the 6+. Go read the reviews on their website (and Amazon). It's terrible. I'm returning this one as I did my first one. I'm out of options for cases on this phone. I need a rugged case but literally everything is of poor quality. Maybe it's time someone else enters this market.

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I removed the Otterbox screen protector from the case and use the invisible shield glass protector. I did the same thing with my 5S and it worked great. Never had any issues with it. Plus it doesn't smudge half as bad as stock.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I removed the Otterbox screen protector from the case and use the invisible shield glass protector. I did the same thing with my 5S and it worked great. Never had any issues with it. Plus it doesn't smudge half as bad as stock.

Only issue with that is it allows dust into the case and behind the phone. :/. Does the sides creak a lot now that you've removed the plastic screen protector?

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I never had much issue with dust. No more then what would come In around the earphone. No creaking.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Every case out there is going to allow dust in. Unless you have a life proof and never remove the case or the headphone jack.

On a side note my Otterbox is great I don't have any issues at all. Love the cases I ordered two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Every case out there is going to allow dust in. Unless you have a life proof and never remove the case or the headphone jack.

On a side note my Otterbox is great I don't have any issues at all. Love the cases I ordered two.

So your protector is laying completely flat on your screen? No gap or loss in sensitivity??

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I take it out. I don't care about the dust because very case is going to let dust in. My phone is protected with a good case. I like it and so do other people I work with. If you don't like it then that's great that's what's great about this world but don't say everyone is no good because that's false.

justinkk2005

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I take it out. I don't care about the dust because very case is going to let dust in. My phone is protected with a good case. I like it and so do other people I work with. If you don't like it then that's great that's what's great about this world but don't say everyone is no good because that's false.

I don't recall me saying everyone had the issue. But a large portion of buyers do have it.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

I took the protector off mine but now my phone is loose in it lol. Great case none the less but any idea on how I can make it fit better ?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a Zagg screen protector on mine and it fits great. I have the HDX this time around.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Just got my defender and I'm in love. Really not as thick as I thought, and the air gap is pretty much nonexistent. So happy to finally have a case that I love.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried the pelican case?

I bought one. Bottom left corner wouldn't snap all the way closed. I returned it the next day. $65 ($60 plus tax) the thing should snap shut. I didn't care for it anyway.

I have a Real Tree Defender on my old M7. For some reason OB isn't making the 6+ case in Real Tree. I would get a different one, but I like the solid back. I don't need to flash the Apple logo to feel special. I really liked the M7 Defender.

We picked up a Griffin Survivor Slim case for the wife's 6. Seams pretty good, but she doesn't get the 6 till tomorrow. (Thursday).

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site

I disagree... Lifeproof lets NO dust it

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I disagree... Lifeproof lets NO dust it

But I have had 3 people drop a iPhone in a Lifeproof case from head level and all three have cracked the screen. My daughter dropped our iPad Mini from 3 stories up onto concrete and it survived using a Otterbox.

Anyway, I ordered 2 Otterbox Defenders for my wife and I and both have the air gap. I am currently submitting a warranty claim with Otterbox to get them replaced.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR