IOS 8.1.1 released. How's it on your 6 Plus?

Sumrluvr

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the "No SIM" thing CONSTANTLY. Have been through all the normal known resets and it fixes it but it's now done it at least 20 times in the last day. I'm on 8.1.1 on a iPhone 6 Plus. Any ideas?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep,same here...still have wifi drops but less!!

I never had a problem with WiFi after I upgraded my FIOS router. For some reason the old router didn't like my new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. The new router also has the better security which I think is part of it.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting the "No SIM" thing CONSTANTLY. Have been through all the normal known resets and it fixes it but it's now done it at least 20 times in the last day. I'm on 8.1.1 on a iPhone 6 Plus. Any ideas?

This is a strange one. I know there was a problem with this one after the first update with iOS 8.0.1, but that update was pulled by Apple shortly after its release. You may need to contact your wireless carrier and get a new SIM card.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Just when I thought the battery life on the 6 Plus couldn't get any better along comes iOS 8.1.1. I updated my 6 Plus yesterday afternoon and took it off the charger at 4:30PM at 100%. It's now 16 hours since then and I'm only at 92% with 3 hours of usage and 16 hours of standby time. So far this update is a great one and seems to have fixed more than a few issues that some people were having.

lostinaustin

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Just when I thought the battery life on the 6 Plus couldn't get any better along comes iOS 8.1.1. I updated my 6 Plus yesterday afternoon and took it off the charger at 4:30PM at 100%. It's now 16 hours since then and I'm only at 92% with 3 hours of usage and 16 hours of standby time. So far this update is a great one and seems to have fixed more than a few issues that some people were having.

I gotta agree with this one , battery life appears to have improved quite a bit since the update. Not that it was bad before :)

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
8.1.1 works great for me. Safari no longer reloads randomly because "a problem occurred with the webpage" :)

Funny because I'm getting that error at least as much (maybe more) than before. I'm sure it's not really more, but definitely the same. Expecting it to be fixed I guess makes it seem like more

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
In general, none of the issues that annoyed me are fixed lol.....Especially the inability to copy/paste text (works about 1 out of every 5 tries, shrunken airdrop bar in control center, and Spotlight rotation

AllanSN

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I need help. Yesterday I downgraded my phone and jailbroke it successfully. I dowloaded a tweak that left me in an infinite apple logo loop, so I had to restore it. When I tried restoring back to iOS 8.1 iTunes told me the iPhone 6 Plus could not be updated because the software isn't compatible. So I restored it to iOS 8.1.1 so I could use my phone. I am now trying to downgrade again (Apple is still signing iOS 8.1) but I keep getting the same message. I have tried on a different Mac, that is too on iTunes 12.0.1 but I got the same message. Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this? I dont wanna miss the 8.1 signing window.

araje77

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I migrated from 5S to 6plus and used the backup and restore to migrate to the new phone. Then I upgraded to 8.1.1

I am seeing random resets and the worst are when I am connecting my phone to iTunes via cable. If the screen is on it resets every few seconds.
Any body?

evrtt09

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Battery seems to be depleting faster for me.

Same issue here with mine, I had my phone in airplane mode for almost 7 hours now from 100%(working night shift) and now it's at 94%. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1416649089.085046.jpg

During normal usage it gets much worse, about 15% an hour when I was getting at least 5% decrease average. All after 8.1.1.

zevimenache

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here with mine, I had my phone in airplane mode for almost 7 hours now from 100%(working night shift) and now it's at 94%. View attachment 72000

During normal usage it gets much worse, about 15% an hour when I was getting at least 5% decrease average. All after 8.1.1.

Do a restore,if your usage is like the standby it means that your phone isnt sleeping!

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Still experiencing the same issues before the update. Come on Apple what's going on with you? I don't recall having any of these issues even on iOS7, and that was kind of buggy compared to iOS 6.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I honestly haven't noticed any improvements. Still silky smooth. Well, I'm prone to set up as new each time I update to a new OS.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

vncmgn

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
It has been fine although honestly was quite scared at first maybe it'll sacrifice some battery performance like the other updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Issues directly related to iOS 8.1.1 are tough to pinpoint right now as I am having mild issues with some apps (Kakao, WhatsApp & others). But I can safely say that I am still experiencing random wifi drop, though far less frequently than before. But have had some minor kinks in iMessage and iCloud. On top of that, battery life seems less than impressive to me now. I am also not satisfied with the speaker on the earpiece, it should be louder and clearer than it is.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice