IOS 8.1.1 released. How's it on your 6 Plus?

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Never had a wifi issue still don't.

What exactly happens to your wifi just drops out?

I do have an issue when in on wifi with my work phone and exchange.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

My wifi connects fine but after a while of using it, it cuts out and does not load web pages and the only way for me to get it working again is by disconnecting the wifi and reconnecting can get a pain when your watching Netflix!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
My wifi connects fine but after a while of using it, it cuts out and does not load web pages and the only way for me to get it working again is by disconnecting the wifi and reconnecting can get a pain when your watching Netflix!

Gotcha.

For my exchange email it seems after a while of idle say over night my email stops coming through. I have to reboot the phone to get the email. If I turn off wifi overnight it's fine.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I've read that going to settings> privacy >location services >system services >disable wifi networking may fix it.
I have a Sprint 6 Plus and I don't have this setting. Do you have VZW or AT&T or T-MOBILE?

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I've read that going to settings> privacy >location services >system services >disable wifi networking may fix it.
I have a Sprint 6 Plus and I don't have this setting. Do you have VZW or AT&T or T-MOBILE?

I have O2 UK, I will disable that setting then and see if it helps, I will let you know Thankyou

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Going off topic here but im curious.. Is it even worth jailbreaking? and how safe is this jailbreak? Any problems? Crashes, over heating, battery drain, etc.

You are installing apps that have not been checked for safety so extra diligence is required. The Cydia app store is a mess and you'll have to wade through stuff that may or may not be compatible with your phone or iOS version. The jailbreak uses a known security hole that others could possibly exploit. You'll possibly have a lot more crashes(I did) even on apps which are "updated" and you'll have to restart Springboard/go into safe mode. Whether or not it is "worth it" depends on the individual.

Updated via iTunes to 8.1.1 yesterday, and I have had no issues so far. I didn't really have any issues to begin with though :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro