Is anyone else having issues with their 6 Plus freezing up?

Sci_Fy

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with their 6 Plus freezing up? This started happening a few weeks ago and it's happening a number of times a day. Different apps, even on home screen. It just freezes and I can't do anything. Lasts up to a minute and then un freezes and works fine. Wondering if a recent app update has caused this. OS is up to date.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Re: 6 Plus keeps freezing

Try a fresh restore thru iTunes to see if that fixes your issue. If not, a trip to the Genius Bar may be your next stop.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Great advice given

Hitting the home button or doing a hard reset will most likely get you going in an emergency but you need to follow the above advice to remedy your problem for good

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I had a small issue where when I would unlock my phone the screen wasn't responsive to touch at all until I locked and unlocked it again.

After doing a fresh restore I've had that occur only once. It's an iOS 8 thing, I assume, since I heard Serenity Caldwell describe the exact same thing I described happening on her iPhone 6.

zevimenache

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

is the 128gb model? because i read in some website that apple is replacing this model because of random reboots and freezing problems...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

There are issues of freezing with many phones, including my iP 5. Mostly in Safari and the Messages app. It's an iOS 8 bug.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I have only had one issue of freezing while in Safari during the one month that I've had my 6 Plus. So far it has been running great right out of the box.

superb-apps

May 18, 2014
Visit site

I used to experience freezing once in a while. Update to 8.1.1, and so far haven't gotten one yet.

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site

If your temp is this cold, you'd freeze too!
b6733eb9d99885163351599b521966d3.jpg

Sent from my  6+

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

This is just a general response (not directed at OP or ay particular person), but if you're having problems with your phone, and you haven't updated your firmware to the latest version (outside of jailbreaking reasonings), you should do this before scouring the internet for answers to wonky performance.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

This is happening to me! Help
If it's the messages app, it may be the 3rd party keyboard. Do you use one? Like SwiftKey or Skype? I use SwiftKey, and my messages app freezes up maybe twice a day.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

LaShawn Lewis

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

My daughter was having this problem. She noticed that when it was in the phone case, it would freeze. When she removed the case, it stopped freezing. Try this. It may be your situation.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Mine keeps freezing too. First I did a hard reset, didn't work. Then, I deleted all the apps, except absolutely necessary, didn't work. Then I reinstalled iOS 8, didn't work. I do have the 128GB 6 Plus but I don't know when it will freeze or reboot, so I don't want to take it to the Apple Store if they can't/won't do anything. The most frustrating is the camera app, it seems that every time I need to take a quick picture it freezes. (I also make sure that I have no Safari tabs open and I kill all my apps after using.)

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

Mine keeps freezing too. First I did a hard reset, didn't work. Then, I deleted all the apps, except absolutely necessary, didn't work. Then I reinstalled iOS 8, didn't work. I do have the 128GB 6 Plus but I don't know when it will freeze or reboot, so I don't want to take it to the Apple Store if they can't/won't do anything. The most frustrating is the camera app, it seems that every time I need to take a quick picture it freezes. (I also make sure that I have no Safari tabs open and I kill all my apps after using.)

Try taking it to the Apple Store anyway. From your post, it sounds like if you go to the Genius Bar and take a quick picture, you'll be able to demonstrate the problem while you're there.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

holy revival batman !!!

when i have freezing issue i make sure to go and kill / Close ( double press home ) all the apps .. according to apple you don't have to do this because it is self managed but i call BS every time i do it my phone runs much better get rid of the lag and freezing.

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
So I figured out a roundabout way to fix the I Phone 6 frozen screen problem (not caused by water), (I personally and still in love with my 5s, its not mine, but since I am a little more tech savvy than my other half I have repeatedly fixed his phone) First of all lets start with the problem; if you graduated from an older smaller model to the 6, the buttons on the new phones sides are softer, not hard press ones, inadvertently people used to holding their phones in their palms, and encasing them with their fingers etc, are actually pressing the buttons by accident, while trying to swipe the screen with their other hand---you are confusing the computer telling it to do/not do multiple functions, so it freezes....always hold phone in an open palm, or loosely around the base, the second problem is a heavy hand on the screen; one barely needs to touch it to enable functions. With a larger screen on the i6, it is more 'bendy', so people pushing hard on the screen and pushing the screen into the motherboard causing it to disable the phone....ok, the solution, obviously you can go back to factory settings etc...but my other half has done this, only to continue to abuse his phone continuously and continue to make it freeze...try this alternative solution if your screen freezes: double click your bottom start button to engage Siri, tell her to send a message to one of your contacts, say your random message, like "Hello" after doing so, you will be prompted to send or edit message, at this point you will be able to interact with your touch screen again...simply GENTLY, edit your message manually to for example "Hi". then hit the send button...you will now be back to your home screen with a functioning phone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have seen on a few sites that restoring through iTunes (instead of iCloud) gets rid of the bug. Will give it a go.

A back up is a back up. If the cause is in a back up, then restoring to that back up won't get rid of the bug. It could be in the iTunes back up just as it can iCloud. If restoring to iTunes doesn't work, then you'll need to restore as new. No back up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro