Apps keep randomly closing on 6 plus

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It happened with my ASU app and it just happened with Safari just now. Yesterday it was the Google search app. Anyone else experiencing this? This just started happening about a day or 2 ago.

Carlton English

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about Safari, I haven't had a problem with it, but try uninstalling Google and installing it again. This happens with some apps after restoring from iCloud in my experience.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I've had it happen in a few apps. Some articles I've read suggest it's an iCloud issue where if an account isn't accessible for some reason, there's no real good way to handle it and the app hangs and/or crashes. Others suggest there's a memory leak or other issue that is causing issues. I'm hoping that when 8.1.1 is finally released (c'mon already) that it addresses at least some of these issues.

ukjack1988

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
sounds like the issue I've just posted up. All apps (apart from Apple/Stock apps) are closing when you try to open them.

I've tried to restore and also by starting off fresh and installing stuff manually.

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm noticing this too, its a slight annoyance. The biggest issue I am having is the periodic wifi drop. I am seeing this with my iPad air as well so I know it is software related. iOS 8.1.1 cannot come soon enough.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I too have had some problems with Safari crashing. Hope they get it ironed out in the next iOS version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chinmay007

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
It's just not right...
Why-o-why ... I bought 6 plus.
I want give a piece of mind to 🍎, slice and dice it nicely. There r problems with every platform and phone models , but you don't spend tons of money on them, at least not as much as 1400$ - just to watch blown up fonts and incompatible apps with constant crash. By the time "all the developers" make their apps 6+ compatible it will be time for Apple to launch the next "best phone ever".

More than a million apps in App Store and not even handful to support the flagship device. Even the swype keyboard looks better on iPhone 6 than stock one.

I should have seen it while watching keynote - the way Tim cook stuttered during demo, he knew something ...
It's just not right...

Last edited:

Alex Gosser

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I think it could be an issue with certain apps not being fully updated.
I noticed the same thing with my Iphione 5s. Eventually an app would start to crash consistently. Typically an update for that app would be available.

chinmay007

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
That's just not true about "not even a handful support the flagship device". I have several hundred apps on my 6+ and the overwhelming majority of them have been updated to support the 6+.

Then it's my luck that the ones I use look unfinished( whatsapp, Neurosurgery, Xodo PDF pro etc)

chinmay007

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
It is your bad luck.

Just leave it at "Luck".

Miss old days of Steve jobs when things like this were better controlled.
Remember his lecture at Stanford university where he explained about his early days when he learned about calligraphy which helped him create beautiful font which we use in computers.

It's another kind of fragmentation. Visual appeal and uniformity is important. Having 1000 apps to annotate PDFs does not serve the purpose and creates confusion. It's not a flee market.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Just leave it at "Luck".

Miss old days of Steve jobs when things like this were better controlled.
Remember his lecture at Stanford university where he explained about his early days when he learned about calligraphy which helped him create beautiful font which we use in computers.

It's another kind of fragmentation. Visual appeal and uniformity is important. Having 1000 apps to annotate PDFs does not serve the purpose and creates confusion. It's not a flee market.

Your disappointment of bad apps is pointed at the wrong place.

Why don't you contact the app developers and ask them where their progress is on the updates?

If you're going to be one of those people that keep wanting to reminisce about the Steve Jobs days and complain about what Apple is today, why don't you try a different platform? And don't tell me because you've already spent money on a 6 Plus. It's easy to sell and get your money back.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Why aren't app updates complaints such as whatsapp leveled at FB. Apple doesn't develop whatsapp. I use it everyday it doesn't bother me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

chinmay007

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Your disappointment of bad apps is pointed at the wrong place.

Why don't you contact the app developers and ask them where their progress is on the updates?

If you're going to be one of those people that keep wanting to reminisce about the Steve Jobs days and complain about what Apple is today, why don't you try a different platform? And don't tell me because you've already spent money on a 6 Plus. It's easy to sell and get your money back.

I am currently using 3 actually, a blackberry passport, HTC one and iPhone. So I have really good idea about the differences.
It's a forum- exactly the place to put forth the ideas.
Developers also belong to this very forum.

This thread is not about you and me and our differences. So it will be better if we continue this discussion ( if you want ) through PM.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I am currently using 3 actually, a blackberry passport, HTC one and iPhone. So I have really good idea about the differences.

This thread is not about you and me and our differences. So it will be better if we continue this discussion ( if you want ) through PM.
No thanks. I can continue this discussion here because there are some that hold your views and my views. No reason to make this a "private" conversation. It's a forum, as you said.

If you're on the Blackberry and Android platform, then you should appreciate the iOS platform even more sans Steve Jobs. This is a forum but your complaints are directed at the wrong party. Like I said, contact the developers yourself if you're disappointed in the progress. The same way you wanted to take this conversation private (for some odd reason).

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

The place to report issues with apps is either the App Store review process or the app developer's website. While there are a few app developers who frequent these cyber-halls, the majority do not. You can’t post issues on random web forums and hope that all affected developers get the information.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Last year I contacted a dev via Twitter about updating his app for iOS 7. He said it was in the works but he was in school full time and working. It came a few weeks after my tweet. I had let him know I was a big fan of his app.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Last year I contacted a dev via Twitter about updating his app for iOS 7. He said it was in the works but he was in school full time and working. It came a few weeks after my tweet. I had let him know I was a big fan of his app.

I tweet at 1Password a lot and always get a response. I got an e-mail an hour after contacting Downcast. Same experience for a couple of others. It's just the effort of contacting them instead of complaining about their stuff on public forums with the hopes that they'll see your complaints.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73