iPhone 6+ running slow

kidwithhelmet

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else's 6+ running slow?

Web pages are stalling out, images sometimes don't load all together, can't load videos consistently and it's choppy when they finally do. This is all over separate WiFi connections (home, work) and AT&T LTE that previously have given me no trouble. Only been happening for the last week. Ookla speed test sometimes shows great connection and other times shows horrendous connection, but performance is terrible either way.

I have reset my network settings which didn't help. I'm quite sure my next step is to just back up data and restore, but I can't do that until late tonight and I'm hoping one of you perhaps has a workaround.

Thanks in advance.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am guessing you restored from a backup of a previous phone? If so I would go with the wipe and restore as new option. I had some oddities on my device until i did just that. It is a pain in the ****, but worth it in the end.

kidwithhelmet

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Yep, restored from backup. Ok well sounds like I'll be doing as you instructed when I get home.

Am i allowed to pull items from iCloud after the full restore? Or does that defeat the purpose altogether? I'm talking photos, contacts, calendars, etc...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My 6 Plus has been fast since receiving it 3 weeks ago. No slowness or lag whatsoever.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner