Switched from Windows Phone to iPhone 6 Plus

Baryex86

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
And Im loving the apps on the new phone. I do however miss Cortana and the better camera on the Nokia Lumia 920 but alas, I needed the apps. Still I am new here and Im new with the iPhone and I was wondering if people could help me by recommending some photo apps? Ones that can do HDR and photo editing.

Thank you.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore...

I would recommend Camera+. It is awesome has a ton of features and is a great photo editor as well.

uno mas

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
For ease of use, the winner hands down is Snapseed, IMO. I've used most of them in the past and none of them compare to its quick editing capabilities. Are the end results better? That's subjective, of course, but Snapseed can hold its own with all of them. Comes with textures, special effects, frames, etc. And it's a freebie. It's the only photo editor I use. :yes::yes:

(No affiliation)

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
And Im loving the apps on the new phone. I do however miss Cortana and the better camera on the Nokia Lumia 920 but alas, I needed the apps. Still I am new here and Im new with the iPhone and I was wondering if people could help me by recommending some photo apps? Ones that can do HDR and photo editing.

Thank you.

Microsoft's Cortana is coming to iOS! Go to Window Central article!

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
You can either do it by going into the contact in question in "edit" mode and "block contact" is all the way at the bottom or touch the "i"/info button either in call or text history (in "details") and there should be the "block contact" option in both
Does anyone know how to block a contact in the contact list on an iPhone 6?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GSOgymrat

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I too just switched from Windows Phone, Nokia Lumia 1520 to iPhone 6 Plus. This is my first iPhone, in fact the only other Apple product I have ever owned was an original iPad. I'm trying to find a good app to log my workouts that is not too complicated if anyone has any suggestions.

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I too just switched from Windows Phone, Nokia Lumia 1520 to iPhone 6 Plus. This is my first iPhone, in fact the only other Apple product I have ever owned was an original iPad. I'm trying to find a good app to log my workouts that is not too complicated if anyone has any suggestions.

I like mapmyfitness, mapmyrun there all linked together. I use that and a fitbit to log everything.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey Cleveland, I found this tho. On iOS 7/IOS 8 made it easy for us to block unwanted calls and text. Some carriers have allowed us to do this for years, by blocking numbers on their end, but not all carriers made this available to their customers. What do you do? How is it easy to block a number?

I. Go into the 'settings' of your iOS 7/IOS 8 device, scroll down until you see 'Phone'. You'll then see a tab that says 'Blocked', click on it. This is where you'll be able to add contacts to or delete contacts from being blocked.

II. Go into your 'phone'. If there is a number that has been calling you, but it isn't a contact of yours, click on the 'i' with a circle next to the phone number and date. Scroll down to 'Block this Caller', click 'Block Contact' and they're now added to your block list.

This will send the callers straight to voicemail! They may be able to leave a voicemail, but you will not get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pararigger

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft's Cortana is coming to iOS! Go to Window Central article!

Got a link? I couldn't find anything saying they're bringing it to any other platforms other than WP and possibly windows. There are plenty of articles from mid June speculating about bringing her to other platforms, but nothing more than that.

Cortana is probably the biggest thing I miss about WP, Siri frustrates me to no end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I definitely don't agree on the fuzzy, buggy and slow camera on the 920 being better than the iPhone 6Plus but anyway, welcome to iMore. Enjoy your phone.

GSOgymrat

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I definitely don't agree on the fuzzy, buggy and slow camera on the 920 being better than the iPhone 6Plus but anyway, welcome to iMore. Enjoy your phone.

Having owned the 920 and 1520 and being new to iPhone 6 Plus my impression is the 1520 can take great pictures with lots of detail if the user is practiced with how to optimize it but the iPhone 6 Plus makes it easier to get great pictures. Photos taken with the 1520 can be awesome or completely off where photos with iPhone 6 Plus are more consistently correct and pleasing.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know it doesn't help in the now, but I think, based on the fact we haven't seen any major Siri improvements or enhancements for a while, that the "S" model is going to bring a major "overhaul" (for lack of better term) to the Siri feature on the iPhone. There seem to be a number of different smaller companies that Apple has acquired over the last couple of years that I think we're about to see a real injection of ability into Siri for the next generation phone.

This is just a forecast though, no facts to back it up with...it just seems like an obvious next move.

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I too have come from Windows Phone back to iPhone, its been a while with Windows Phone, left iPhone to go to HTC Mozart 7, lately had a L820 then a L1320, had been having problems with mic, making calls no one could hear me, I have serious heart problems, it was important I had a phone I could be heard on, I had tried Android, so back to iPhone 6, loving it, got a iPad too.