Switched from Windows Phone to iPhone 6 Plus

GSOgymrat

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Zillow app is on the iphone. FYI.

Oh, yes, that was the pivotal reason I bought my first iPhone. I was using the Zillow app on my Windows Phone, which I broke, and when I bought a replacement I discovered Zillow had pulled their app from the Windows Phone store and I couldn't download it again. I tolerated not having Amazon Prime Video or Nook, I put up with Xbox Music not working... again... but when I learned there was no Zillow, that there are NO working real estate apps for Windows Phone, that was the last straw! I saw on the Zillow website the app was still available on iPhone so in a fit of impotent rage I drove straight to the Apple Store and paid full price for the iPhone 6 Plus. I told my brother about my iPhone purchase and he said "so basically you just spent $950 on a Zillow app." I told him I returned the replacement Lumia 1520, which was $500, so the Zillow app really only cost me $450. Somehow I didn't feel vindicated.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Oh, yes, that was the pivotal reason I bought my first iPhone. I was using the Zillow app on my Windows Phone, which I broke, and when I bought a replacement I discovered Zillow had pulled their app from the Windows Phone store and I couldn't download it again. I tolerated not having Amazon Prime Video or Nook, I put up with Xbox Music not working... again... but when I learned there was no Zillow, that there are NO working real estate apps for Windows Phone, that was the last straw! I saw on the Zillow website the app was still available on iPhone so in a fit of impotent rage I drove straight to the Apple Store and paid full price for the iPhone 6 Plus. I told my brother about my iPhone purchase and he said "so basically you just spent $950 on a Zillow app." I told him I returned the replacement Lumia 1520, which was $500, so the Zillow app really only cost me $450. Somehow I didn't feel vindicated.

LOL wow :p you must really love that app :D To each their own :)

My 2nd endeavor into the world of iPhone went much better than the 1st time around.....but I decided to switch back to my Lumia 1520 for the time being. I do think the 3rd time(and if WP has not released a flagship lumia come july 2015) then I will be back on iPhone for good. Third time is the charm.....

For me what sent me back was the fact that I honestly am, Honestly for me the app gap really isn't as bad as I thought. And the issues with WP I have sort of are less than the annoyances on IOS.

The app I do miss is Camera360. It is my Selfie app :D and I love it on WP and I discovered the iPhone verison has way more features :( He could make a Killing on WP since the app is VERY POPULAR already for us if he added those features.

Baryex86

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi there. After having my iPhone 6 plus for two weeks I can definetly confirm that Cortana is indeed superior to Siri.

The interesting thing about Cortana is that it learns from the user at the beginig of the setup: type of news, work, home, family, etc. It Siri, it take a while for Siri to know you, your movements, and all. Cortana also works like an app. When you have the Cortana tile it shows you either important news feed, the weather, events near you or even flight schedule (which automatically sets it up once you get flight confirmation) and it also tells you when you need to leave your house so you can get to the airport in time so you dont miss the flight. Moreover, with Cortana you can assign "names" to contacts, for example, I can put mom to my mother contact name and when I ask cortana to call mom it will call my mom, with Siri it doesnt happen (English is not my main language so trying to pronouce my moms name in English doesnt work really well with Siri).

Windows indeed has surpased Apple on the personal assistant level. It is way more user friendly and dynamic than Siri.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi there. After having my iPhone 6 plus for two weeks I can definetly confirm that Cortana is indeed superior to Siri.

The interesting thing about Cortana is that it learns from the user at the beginig of the setup: type of news, work, home, family, etc. It Siri, it take a while for Siri to know you, your movements, and all. Cortana also works like an app. When you have the Cortana tile it shows you either important news feed, the weather, events near you or even flight schedule (which automatically sets it up once you get flight confirmation) and it also tells you when you need to leave your house so you can get to the airport in time so you dont miss the flight. Moreover, with Cortana you can assign "names" to contacts, for example, I can put mom to my mother contact name and when I ask cortana to call mom it will call my mom, with Siri it doesnt happen (English is not my main language so trying to pronouce my moms name in English doesnt work really well with Siri).

Windows indeed has surpased Apple on the personal assistant level. It is way more user friendly and dynamic than Siri.

Siri does have the call mom feature. I have it setup for my mom, dad, wife, numerous people.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2