iPhone 6+ Charge Times

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
What charge times are you seeing on your iPhone 6+? Such as when charging from half .. or dead?

Just curious :).

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
It charges rather quick. Once it hits 90% it slows down all the way until 100%. I can go from 30% to 100% in about an hour.

I should really re-time mine then. I think I timed it once while still awake and all the other times I just plug it in while I am in bed.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
depends on the charger. You can use the 2.1a charger that comes with the iPads and the phone will charge faster.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I usually let my phone get pretty low before charging it, I generally go a day and a half until it's at 10% or lower.

When I charge it I use my iPad charger because the regular iPhone charger takes too long, it take one and a half to two hours to get to 100%.

It's surprisingly fast, but then I use the iPad charger.

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
My phone was at 1% and I plugged it in last night at 9:30. I woke up at 2:15am and it was charged to 100%. I'm using the charger that came with the phone.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I think about an hour. Never really paid attention. I just know it's FAST. PLUS I generally plug in no matter what when I get to the car during the week. So never really paid attention.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Roikins

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I use the battery doctor app, it's cleans the phones memory, catche , junk , I mean the CPU memory, after that the phones speed increase and apps won't crush, when I plug in for charge, I left it run in background and it's charges the right way, up to 80% fast , then slows down up to 100% and then adds little charge over the time, I do that before I go to bed, if I use the phone a lot and need to charge during the day I use the 2.1amp charger , it charges from 1% to 100 about an hour, also the battery doc app calculates and tells how much time it will takes to full charge usually it's around 2 h somewhere from 10% , it was good explanation what the app does, it says imagine that your battery is pocket and you filling it with water, at the beginning you pour the water fast, but when the pocket comes close to full, you slow down to prevent overspray , that's what the app does. It's also recommend at least once a month to do full charge circle, it's means going from below 20% charge full 100 , but with this app is easier to see when you did full charge or just partial. When it hits 100% it doesn't mean that the phone is fully charged, you have to keep some time charging it. Other good app is Smart memory Pro. It's almost does the same thing only additionally it closes unnecessary processes what runs in phones background, also it shows what processes is running , only you can't quit them manually.
Recently I found good car charger that does the same thing as battery doctor it has two USB ports and both give out 2.5 amps and 12 V so it's really fast. Other car chargers claims to give out 2 amps both ports too, but when you plug 2 devices it can supply that power. This one can and do even more than average chargers who give 2.0 , it also has the Smart charge technology that it stops charging when the phone is fully charged, it's one of the fastest car chargers in market, they have also very good phone holders for cars and iphone 6 plus, and it's enough wide to put even 6 plus with cover. I like it because other chargers you have to squeeze the phone hard, this one at the press of button opens up and when you place the phone in, there is button at the back panel which shuts close the holding arms, it has movable bottom hold, you can move from left to right, to have access the phones charging dock, so it's not in your way. Other nice feature is the telescopic extender , and 360 rotation, so basically you can put the holder anywhere and it has ability to set it any way you can imagine. I didn't want to put a holder to my dashboard or windshield, and other places around the center console the regular holder would block either the radio buttons or any other much needed buttons , so I attached it on the right side of center console, extended the telescopic arm, and rotate it that I can see the screen well and if needed I can easily rich the phone without moving myself, it's just awesome product. And despite the long extended arms and weight of iPhone 6 plus it never felt off or either the phone felt off, it has very powerful suction, I live in South Florida where the car gets hot even during the winter, other holders I had was falling off because of heat,or crossing the railroad tracks, etc. The name of the brand is iOttie.
Opss sorry for that long post, just wanted to give you the best info for one of the best products and useful apps available.
Thanks for reading :)

Sent from my using Tapatalk

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I use the battery doctor app, it's cleans the phones memory, catche , junk , I mean the CPU memory, after that the phones speed increase and apps won't crush, when I plug in for charge, I left it run in background and it's charges the right way, up to 80% fast , then slows down up to 100% and then adds little charge over the time, I do that before I go to bed, if I use the phone a lot and need to charge during the day I use the 2.1amp charger , it charges from 1% to 100 about an hour, also the battery doc app calculates and tells how much time it will takes to full charge usually it's around 2 h somewhere from 10% , it was good explanation what the app does, it says imagine that your battery is pocket and you filling it with water, at the beginning you pour the water fast, but when the pocket comes close to full, you slow down to prevent overspray , that's what the app does. It's also recommend at least once a month to do full charge circle, it's means going from below 20% charge full 100 , but with this app is easier to see when you did full charge or just partial. When it hits 100% it doesn't mean that the phone is fully charged, you have to keep some time charging it. Other good app is Smart memory Pro. It's almost does the same thing only additionally it closes unnecessary processes what runs in phones background, also it shows what processes is running , only you can't quit them manually.
Recently I found good car charger that does the same thing as battery doctor it has two USB ports and both give out 2.5 amps and 12 V so it's really fast. Other car chargers claims to give out 2 amps both ports too, but when you plug 2 devices it can supply that power. This one can and do even more than average chargers who give 2.0 , it also has the Smart charge technology that it stops charging when the phone is fully charged, it's one of the fastest car chargers in market, they have also very good phone holders for cars and iphone 6 plus, and it's enough wide to put even 6 plus with cover. I like it because other chargers you have to squeeze the phone hard, this one at the press of button opens up and when you place the phone in, there is button at the back panel which shuts close the holding arms, it has movable bottom hold, you can move from left to right, to have access the phones charging dock, so it's not in your way. Other nice feature is the telescopic extender , and 360 rotation, so basically you can put the holder anywhere and it has ability to set it any way you can imagine. I didn't want to put a holder to my dashboard or windshield, and other places around the center console the regular holder would block either the radio buttons or any other much needed buttons , so I attached it on the right side of center console, extended the telescopic arm, and rotate it that I can see the screen well and if needed I can easily rich the phone without moving myself, it's just awesome product. And despite the long extended arms and weight of iPhone 6 plus it never felt off or either the phone felt off, it has very powerful suction, I live in South Florida where the car gets hot even during the winter, other holders I had was falling off because of heat,or crossing the railroad tracks, etc. The name of the brand is iOttie.
Opss sorry for that long post, just wanted to give you the best info for one of the best products and useful apps available.
Thanks for reading :)

Which battery doctor ? There are pretty many out there. A lot of free ones and some cost money

Roikins

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Which battery doctor ? There are pretty many out there. A lot of free ones and some cost money

This one. Actually had a update today, much better now, faster scanning, can add extension in notification center, few more options added, it improved very well.
The other I use also to clean disc memory as well, I like that it closes unnecessary processes, I tried to find it at Apple Store, and got message that this app no longer available in US. Strange. But I am sending pic how it looks like , I have the paid version, the free didn't do much, the name is Smart Memory Pro, second pic.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415329217.527796.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415329231.182104.jpg

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I use a Belkin or iPad charging block along with Auvio heavy duty 10ft cable & it usually takes me about 90min or less to go from under 5% to 100%.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR