Keyboard app?

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
OK, I know I can get a numeric top row on the symbols keyboard but I use them regularly and want it on the top row of the qwerty board. I have that on my third party S6 keyboard but I can't find one that offers that on this iPhone.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
OK, I know I can get a numeric top row on the symbols keyboard but I use them regularly and want it on the top row of the qwerty board. I have that on my third party S6 keyboard but I can't find one that offers that on this iPhone.

This is my main gripe with the keyboard apps on iOS. None that I've tried have the keyboard at the top. You have to press the number key to bring it up

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

This is my main gripe with the keyboard apps on iOS. None that I've tried have the keyboard at the top. You have to press the number key to bring it up

Would either of you be willing to settle for the number keys to be super-imposed over the top row of letters? If so, the Swype keyboard offers this. It may break your rhythm in typing, so I don't know if you would like this. Also, the numbers are invisible in the iOS version of Swype, so you would have to know which numbers are above which letters. :concern:

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Would either of you be willing to settle for the number keys to be super-imposed over the top row of letters? If so, the Swype keyboard offers this. It may break your rhythm in typing, so I don't know if you would like this. Also, the numbers are invisible in the iOS version of Swype, so you would have to know which numbers are above which letters. :concern:

I haven't tried Skype in a long time so I'd be willing to give it a try

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded it but can't get it to show up on screen. I still see the stock keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.

Go to Settings > General > Keyboard. Press and hold the globe button on the bottom to the left of the space bar. Choose the keyboard that you want.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have to press that globe everytime I bring up a keyboard to type?????

Not everytime, once you set which keyboard you want to use the iPhone uses that keyboard unless you're typing in important information then it automatically reverts back to the Apple stock keyboard. I'm currently using three different keyboards. I find that SwiftKey is the smartest when it comes to predictable text.

Sent from my AWESOME iPhone 6Plus

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have started using Swype for both my iPad and iPhone and I really like it. I had used it before when iOS first had the capability to use third party keyboards. But it was a little buggy then. Now, with the improvements it's a lot better. I really like using it. And on the iPhone 6, it's really nice using it while typing with one hand.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm back with SwiftKey and Apple Stock keyboards. I've tried several different types of keyboards and these two just work for me and the way I use my iPhone. SwiftKey has to be the smartest predictable of all the keyboards I've tried.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm back with SwiftKey and Apple Stock keyboards. I've tried several different types of keyboards and these two just work for me and the way I use my iPhone. SwiftKey has to be the smartest predictable of all the keyboards I've tried.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Totally agree! SwiftKey has the best memory of all! It's good enough to put up with a few minor 3rd party keyboard bugs. Heck, the stock keyboard has bugs.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, SwiftKey is great, I'm currently playing with a new one, came out today called Next. It's also a really great option. It has shown some of the same issues I've noticed in SwiftKey so I'm boiling many keyboard issues down to iOS issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, SwiftKey is great, I'm currently playing with a new one, came out today called Next. It's also a really great option. It has shown some of the same issues I've noticed in SwiftKey so I'm boiling many keyboard issues down to iOS issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not willing to pay $4 for Next.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm back to using the Apple stock keyboard. Is it me or does the stock keyboard seem a little smarter since iOS9.1?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner