Any reason NOT to get an unlocked 6+?

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm on AT&T, but not upgrade-eligible for another 10 months. I've been planning to get myself a 6+ for Christmas, and wondering if I should give in to the Next program, or buy an unlocked iP6+. I'm still on the original unlimited data plan, and not particularly interested in changing plans (or carriers). It seems the unlocked version would be a better value for me, even if I stay on AT&T. Thoughts?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you have the cash, it's always worth it to get the unlocked version. It's usable on alot of carriers worldwide and you can go month by month... But it's going to be pricey. If you can take that, go for it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There's really no "value" in an unlocked device up front...you're paying full price retail for it. The value really doesn't kick in until you decide to resell it when the availability craze has settled a bit. You will get more for the unlocked version at that point obviously.

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm just figuring that my only upgrade option with AT&T is the Next program, and won't I end up paying more for the phone (or close to it) in the end that way?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If you can front the full price cost, do it. I bought my 6 unlocked outright from the Apple Store. It'll hold most of its value when I sell next year.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Nah, the phone is laggy and it's the same as the iPhone 5s. If you REALLY need a bigger screen, then go for it. I just returned my 6+ yesterday, not worth the $1,000. Even the genius guy asked me why was I returning it (kind of weird, because they never ask) I told him it wasn't worth it, that with that money I could get a MacBook Pro. He agreed with me and told me that a couple of people have been returning the 6+ for the same reason. It has it's problems and it's not worth the money. I told him I was buying a 5s and he told me that it was a good decision.
So go figure.

itsgusmetropolo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Nah, the phone is laggy and it's the same as the iPhone 5s. If you REALLY need a bigger screen, then go for it. I just returned my 6+ yesterday, not worth the $1,000. Even the genius guy asked me why was I returning it (kind of weird, because they never ask) I told him it wasn't worth it, that with that money I could get a MacBook Pro. He agreed with me and told me that a couple of people have been returning the 6+ for the same reason. It has it's problems and it's not worth the money. I told him I was buying a 5s and he told me that it was a good decision.
So go figure.

I still don't get why people like you buy stuff WITHOUT considering if it is worth it or not BEFORE buying.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I still don't get why people like you buy stuff WITHOUT considering if it is worth it or not BEFORE buying.

Doesn't matter. I returned it, closed case. It's my money. I respect every persons decision/purchase on buying the 6+. But just not for me, and I am sure I am not the only out there that thinks the same.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I buy a brand new unlocked iPhone every year. I pay $24 a month for a SIM card. Unlimited data, unlimited tethering to multiple devices. 2000 voice minutes to any network, 5000 minutes to users on my network per month. I would have to pay a lot more for the same benefits in a locked phone.

Go for it!!

Navmacs

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I buy a brand new unlocked iPhone every year. I pay $24 a month for a SIM card. Unlimited data, unlimited tethering to multiple devices. 2000 voice minutes to any network, 5000 minutes to users on my network per month. I would have to pay a lot more for the same benefits in a locked phone.

Go for it!!

If you don't mind me asking, who are you getting that $24 per month SIM from? That sounds like a great deal! One of the downsides of sticking with my unlimited AT&T plan is that it doesn't allow me to tether my iPad. Adding that option would be a big deal for me!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't matter. I returned it, closed case. It's my money. I respect every persons decision/purchase on buying the 6+. But just not for me, and I am sure I am not the only out there that thinks the same.

Cool...I'd hope that means we won't be seeing you here in the 6 Plus sub anymore. Win/Win.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking, who are you getting that $24 per month SIM from? That sounds like a great deal! One of the downsides of sticking with my unlimited AT&T plan is that it doesn't allow me to tether my iPad. Adding that option would be a big deal for me!

3 Three in the UK

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods