My first impression holding the 6 Plus

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Ok? So rather than attempt to get used to it like everybody else you just give up and decide it's too big right away?

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
So the guy that is actually posting something good to this forum gets called a "troll" huh? This guy is being honest and it is his opinion. How can a post "MY IPHONE JUST SHIPPED YAY!" be better than is? I don't care if your damn iPhone shipped. This guy is actually giving his honest opinion, trying to let people know facts about the phone. Not trolling.

This is why Apple will still be able to sell an outdated iPhone at the price of a MacBook Pro and sell it. Because they defend the phone as it's family, it's a damn phone, it's a damn opinion. Move on.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
So the guy that is actually posting something good to this forum gets called a "troll" huh? This guy is being honest and it is his opinion. How can a post "MY IPHONE JUST SHIPPED YAY!" be better than is? I don't care if your damn iPhone shipped. This guy is actually giving his honest opinion, trying to let people know facts about the phone. Not trolling.

This is why Apple will still be able to sell an outdated iPhone at the price of a MacBook Pro and sell it. Because they defend the phone as it's family, it's a damn phone, it's a damn opinion. Move on.

What outdated iPhone is Apple selling for the price of a MacBook Pro?

And the individual that you are showering with praise as a hero has been banned for his actions/antics. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I bought the 6 Plus for $1,027 unlocked, you can buy a MacBook Pro for $1,099, for about $80 more you can get a MacBook Pro 13 inch. Not the retina one. And I am not showering him as a "hero" and he isn't the only one.. He is just giving his opinion, we need to stop being so close minded when it comes to iPhones in general.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

When someone who uses a different OS continually goes to other forums and posts nothing but crap not opinion, yes then they are called a troll.

If you want to come here with an issue with your device and need help there is no better place.

If you think it's outdated then move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought the 6 Plus for $1,027 unlocked, you can buy a MacBook Pro for $1,099, for about $80 more you can get a MacBook Pro 13 inch. Not the retina one. And I am not showering him as a "hero" and he isn't the only one.. He is just giving his opinion, we need to stop being so close minded when it comes to iPhones in general.

Not sure who you mean by "we", but I am far from closed minded.

Whatever. Moving on.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. I just wanted to speak for the other people that fell the same about speaking out but don't because they fear this will happen.

I have been using an iPhone since the 4 and had an iPod touch back then since the 2nd generation.

I respect every single person decision on buying a 6 or 6+, I am not going to tell you what to do. I have not right on doing so and I am not. But it's good to think if it's worth it or not.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. I just wanted to speak for the other people that fell the same about speaking out but don't because they fear this will happen.

I have been using an iPhone since the 4 and had an iPod touch back then since the 2nd generation.

I respect every single person decision on buying a 6 or 6+, I am not going to tell you what to do. I have not right on doing so and I am not. But it's good to think if it's worth it or not.

Cool story, bro. I like turtles.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Just like the op has a opinion on the 6 plus. Members have a opinion on his opinion. Nothing closed minded about the responses to the op. There are like minded people here and some percentage of 39 million people don't think the 6 Plus is terrible.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You know, I wrote a pretty civil response to you a few minutes ago, but after reading another comment you made in this forum, you're really not much different than OP.

Nah, the phone is laggy and it's the same as the iPhone 5s. If you REALLY need a bigger screen, then go for it. I just returned my 6+ yesterday, not worth the $1,000. Even the genius guy asked me why was I returning it (kind of weird, because they never ask) I told him it wasn't worth it, that with that money I could get a MacBook Pro. He agreed with me and told me that a couple of people have been returning the 6+ for the same reason. It has it's problems and it's not worth the money. I told him I was buying a 5s and he told me that it was a good decision.
So go figure.

Go figure.

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Anytime you even mention anything apple related not working for you, it turns into WW3 in these forums. If you post anything negative or even an opinion some of these forum members don't agree with, they will attack you like a shark in bloody water. These forums aren't the most welcoming to some people. So just ignore them, they don't understand that some people have different tastes. Honestly I agree 100% with the plus being too large, which is why I returned it and went back to the 6. I recently just ordered a mini 2 and going to pick up the nexus 6 most likely as well. Not sure why when someone points out a fault it is like they are bad mouthing someones kids. Its ok people, relax, choice is a good thing and believe it or not people have different likes and dislikes than them.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Anytime you even mention anything apple related not working for you, it turns into WW3 in these forums. If you post anything negative or even an opinion some of these forum members don't agree with, they will attack you like a shark in bloody water. These forums aren't the most welcoming to some people. So just ignore them, they don't understand that some people have different tastes. Honestly I agree 100% with the plus being too large, which is why I returned it and went back to the 6. I recently just ordered a mini 2 and going to pick up the nexus 6 most likely as well. Not sure why when someone points out a fault it is like they are bad mouthing someones kids. Its ok people, relax, choice is a good thing and believe it or not people have different likes and dislikes than them.

And this post is ridiculous. People don't jump on opposing opinions here...people jump on those who come here and make generalized statements about how the device is a waste and is no different than the previous model because they know it'll stir up the pot. Maybe some of you guys don't understand what makes up a civil opinion (like you seem to think are being jumped on) and trolling...here's some clarity...

Opinion - "I'm not a fan of the iPhone 6 Plus. I found the operating system buggy, the design was not appealing to me and ultimately, I went with another device."

Trolling - "This phone is absolute junk. What a complete waste of time. There's nothing new about it and it bends and breaks like aluminum foil. No one should buy this junk."

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
And this post is ridiculous. People don't jump on opposing opinions here...people jump on those who come here and make generalized statements about how the device is a waste and is no different than the previous model because they know it'll stir up the pot. Maybe some of you guys don't understand what makes up a civil opinion (like you seem to think are being jumped on) and trolling...here's some clarity...

Opinion - "I'm not a fan of the iPhone 6 Plus. I found the operating system buggy, the design was not appealing to me and ultimately, I went with another device."

Trolling - "This phone is absolute junk. What a complete waste of time. There's nothing new about it and it bends and breaks like aluminum foil. No one should buy this junk."

Well what if to the poster it is junk? I mean maybe they are seriously disgruntled with it. But no my post still stands, anything negative and the usual few are quick to come and bash them. Same people each time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well what if to the poster it is junk? I mean maybe they are seriously disgruntled with it. But no my post still stands, anything negative and the usual few are quick to come and bash them. Same people each time.

The people rarely, if EVER say "To me, this thing is junk.", they just make an end all be all statement that universally, the device is garbage...and when people ask for advice, they echo said "opinions"...and my post still stands, has nothing to do with simply stating a negative opinion, it specifically has to do with trolling, and can be pointed out each and every time. And sadly, we seem to have many of the same trolls each time.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The people rarely, if EVER say "To me, this thing is junk.", they just make an end all be all statement that universally, the device is garbage...and when people ask for advice, they echo said "opinions"...and my post still stands, has nothing to do with simply stating a negative opinion, it specifically has to do with trolling, and can be pointed out each and every time. And sadly, we seem to have many of the same trolls each time.

Well then report said trolls and let the mods clean up the forums, rather than engaging in arguments with said trolls

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well then report said trolls and let the mods clean up the forums, rather than engaging in arguments with said trolls

I choose to handle it differently than you seem to feel is appropriate...the beauty of choice. The fact still remains.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I think SeanHRCC has summed it up beautifully. The reason why I come to this forum is to share tips and knowledge with other people who enjoy the 6+ like me. If I don't like the phone and if I think it is trash, I will return the phone and get a different phone and move on. For example, I don't like Windows phone, but I wouldn't go to a windows phone forum to tell them it is trash. I have better thing to do with my time and I don't want to waste people's time either.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I think SeanHRCC has summed it up beautifully. The reason why I come to this forum is to share tips and knowledge with other people who enjoy the 6+ like me. If I don't like the phone and if I think it is trash, I will return the phone and get a different phone and move on. For example, I don't like Windows phone, but I wouldn't go to a windows phone forum to tell them it is trash. I have better thing to do with my time and I don't want to waste people's time either.

There you go, using logic, reason and a modicum of decency. Trolls can't even spell those words, much less define them or live them out.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
That phone is just WAY too big. It is so incredibly uncomfortable. The only plus is the camera is almost in constant focus. It focuses immediately.

Other than that, the icons look tiny in that 1080p resolution. The first thing you think about is how much of a waste of space this phone is. Huge screen and it makes everything look out of proportion.

It really is terrible.

I can't think of any reason to get this phone. Mine has a 5.2" screen and it feels like it is half the size.

It is basically an iPhone that has been flattened and stretched. Nothing more.

What did you think it was going to be, a unicorn?

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
LG G2.

Here is the G3 which is even bigger than mine. Btw the G3 also has a 5.5" screen.

The iPhone 6 Plus is just WAY too big.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/larrymagid/files/2014/09/phone-comp.jpg

I've had the G2 for a year now and it still feels better than the iPhone 6 plus. Mine also has OIS.

Unless I am seeing things wrong those have the same space between icons...not to mention you have a ton of free space on your G2 which kiiind of goes against your argument.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but if you want to have a discussion, in the future in ALL forums, use respectful language. Your opinion is just that and your post is highly aggressive. I held the G2 and G3 and it felt like it was one of those cell phone demo units. That is just personal opinion however. Should I also go into the LG forum in android central and make a post using your language? What do you think would happen? I honestly think compared to the other forums this is respectful from what you would have gotten elsewhere.

Good luck in finding a phone that fits your needs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR