6 Plus Otterbox

unoescobar

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the Otterbox Defender and failed to realize that they have changed the warranty policy to 1year. I am surprised considering the prices went up and prior warranties were life time.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
IMO they are junk. I have always used Otterbox for years, until they changed the case inside with the iPhone 5 case. those and current iPhone 6 and 6+ allows the device to move around inside, which later on will cause abrasions.

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
How is the fit and finish? Have they changed the rubber/silicone compound they make the slip cover from? Seems to stretch and deform fairly quickly on the past models, the main reason I no longer use them but would like to give them a try if they have improved that at all.

unoescobar

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
How is the fit and finish? Have they changed the rubber/silicone compound they make the slip cover from? Seems to stretch and deform fairly quickly on the past models, the main reason I no longer use them but would like to give them a try if they have improved that at all.

I don't know yet. I got free shipping which turns out to be Fedex smart post. It will take a week for me to receive

emtpete1

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Take a look at the Pelican Voyager case. It offers protection similar to that of the Otterbox, but is a little less bulky and has a lifetime warranty.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I was not too pleased with my otter box commuter. When I got my 4s brand new it was my first iPhone and I did some research into which case was right and I settled on a yellow commuter. The case got dirty quickly and I had to remove the outer plastic to get the charging port latch to open. It also added more bulk than I would have liked.

I'm not inclined to purchase another otter box.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
They have changed so much since the 4S. I'm curious to see what has to be said about the one for the plus though. Always order a defender, always love it. Hoping the same. Maybe a smidgen slimmer then the 5S.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
i hope you guys with 6plus have better luck. I have used otterboxes on every single phone ive ever owned. Paid 55dollars from verizon, rubber plugs ripped off within 3 weeks, got it replaced from otterbox about week ago already ripping again. Completely upset, not to mention the screen protector on my defender was horribly scratched and never dropped it once.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
AugustVance, I'm jealous. I'm waiting on the grey lime green combination.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty excited. I haven't used a defender in awhile but I have been waiting. I'm sure if I don't like it I can sell it to someone who could use it!

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm just eager for some feedback. I've always had a trusty defender. Never cared how bulky. I love them and am dying to get another.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
It will be interesting if there is any difficulty typing with the Otterbox Defender installed. The bezel on the newer cases seem 'thicker'. Keep us posted...

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Surely there will be some returns. Keep me posted on how much the device moves inside the case.

This was one of the reasons I stopped using the Otterbox cases. I know that there are some that really need to have a rugged case like this, but I don't. It's too bulky, I didn't like all the flaps, the rubber usually lost its form, and the built in screen protector was poor.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2