[Opinion] iPhone 6 Plus and iOS 8-8.1 worst Apple Products.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I have been using my iPhone 6 Plus for over a week now here's what I found:

1. Safari refreshes with only 3 tabs open.
2. When you receive a text message anywhere on the screen pull down so you can reply, turn your device into landscape. Have fun with replying, because you can't, turn it back into portrait you dont even get the keyboard anymore.
3. I am on 25% and the indicator is still red, not green.
4. While on a call turn the device on landscape, the proximity sensor doesn't work, your screen won't turn black.
5. Safari keeps deleting my Favorites.
6. Sometimes I don't get text notifications at all.
7. When watching a YouTube video sometimes safari gets all weird and the status bar disappears. (This happened on my iPhone 5 as well, thought it was going to be fixed by now)
8. Sometimes when safari lags and I am listening to pandora, the lag completely intervenes with the sound. The sound lags a bit as well.

And well, the apps refreshing, nothing new or disappointed. I expected that as this is a 5S with a bigger screen.

I set up the device as new. Didn't sync with any backup. Disappointed with Apple. My iPhone 5 behaves better than this.

Yeah, worst place to post this. But I have to let it go somewhere.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been using my iPhone 6 Plus for over a week now here's what I found:

1. Safari refreshes with only 3 tabs open.
2. When you receive a text message anywhere on the screen pull down so you can reply, turn your device into landscape. Have fun with replying, because you can't, turn it back into portrait you dont even get the keyboard anymore.
3. I am on 25% and the indicator is still red, not green.
4. While on a call turn the device on landscape, the proximity sensor doesn't work, your screen won't turn black.
5. Safari keeps deleting my Favorites.
6. Sometimes I don't get text notifications at all.
7. When watching a YouTube video sometimes safari gets all weird and the status bar disappears. (This happened on my iPhone 5 as well, thought it was going to be fixed by now)
8. Sometimes when safari lags and I am listening to pandora, the lag completely intervenes with the sound. The sound lags a bit as well.

And well, the apps refreshing, nothing new or disappointed. I expected that as this is a 5S with a bigger screen.

I set up the device as new. Didn't sync with any backup. Disappointed with Apple. My iPhone 5 behaves better than this.

Yeah, worst place to post this. But I have to let it go somewhere.

That's too bad! What are you gonna do?

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Let people know about it and make sure they think twice before spending $1,000 on a device that can't even work properly.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
iPhone 6 Plus and iOS 8-8.1 worst Apple Products.

Thank you for serving the public.

If you are out of your return window then I find it hard to believe that these problems arose two weeks after you bought the device. To call this one of Apple's worst products and still use it, let alone kept it, tells the people you're warning that even Apple's "worst" product is better than the competition's.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

If you are out of your return window then I find it hard to believe that these problems arose two weeks after you bought the device. To call this one of Apple's worst products and still use it, let alone kept it, tells the people you're warning that even Apple's "worst" product is better than the competition's.

I have two tabs open in safari and pandora open. I swipe up to open the control center and it lags like crazy. Is that good? I am sure is not.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have two tabs open in safari and pandora open. I swipe up to open the control center and it lags like crazy. Is that good? I am sure is not.

Of course it's not. You're not asking me anything pertaining to anything I asked. Why did you keep the phone? Did these problems start right after your return period ended?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm sorry that your particular device isn't working in the manner you had hoped and in the manner that it does for so many others. Having said that, Since the device a just "over a week", make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to diagnose, exchange or get a refund. Do NOT keep a device you are unhappy with. Now, if you really want to try to get your particular device running smoothly, do the following, even if you have already. So many people have told me that they've set up their device as new just to later learn that they had not.

1. Offload any pics, non-iTunes music, videos, and files to a cloud service and/or your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB and then turn the iPhone completely OFF.
3. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. If not, download and install it.
4. Initiate the computer's iTunes app (the latest version).
5. Put your device in DFU mode. Note: When in DFU mode, nothing will be displayed on the iPhone's display). The steps are below:
  • Press and Hold the power button for 3 seconds
  • While still pressing the Power button, also press & Hold the Home button for 10 seconds
  • Release ONLY the Power button.

After about 8 seconds or so, iTunes will detect that the iPhone is in recovery. Select to restore/restore and update. When the process is finished and you're at the Welcome screen, do NOT restore from a backup. Set up the device as new. In other words, set up the device as if this is your first time EVER using an iPhone.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm sorry that your particular device isn't working in the manner you had hoped and in the manner that it does for so many others. Having said that, Since the device a just "over a week", make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to diagnose, exchange or get a refund. Do NOT keep a device you are unhappy with. Now, if you really want to try to get your particular device running smoothly, do the following, even if you have already. So many people have told me that they've set up their device as new just to later learn that they had not.

1. Offload any pics, non-iTunes music, videos, and files to a cloud service and/or your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone to your computer via USB and then turn the iPhone completely OFF.
3. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. If not, download and install it.
5. Put your device in DFU mode. Note: When in DFU mode, nothing will be displayed on the iPhone's display). The steps are below:
  • While still pressing the Power button, also press & Hold the Home button for 10 seconds

After about 8 seconds or so, iTunes will detect that the iPhone is in recovery. Select to restore/restore and update. When the process is finished and you're at the Welcome screen, do NOT restore from a backup. Set up the device as new. In other words, set up the device as if this is your first time EVER using an iPhone.

Is this different from plugging it in to iTunes and clicking restore?

OP, I'm sorry that the iPhone still hasn't worked out for you since the last time you posted. I've had one instance of safari tabs refreshing but I haven't been able to reproduce it. I don't think it is a RAM issue but an OS issue. This brings me to my next point in that even Apple isn't perfect but it is pretty damn close considering the competition(IMO) and because of that, I am thankful. With that said though, there are still bugs considering the 6+ is not fully an iPhone 6 and not fully an iPad mini. Give it time. We are lucky that the only thing we have to worry about is UI bugs and not runaway processes or apps taking over in the background. If the 6+ isn't up to your expectations, I recommend an LG G3 or a Note 4; those look like pretty solid devices.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
OP - I probably wouldn't personally go so far as saying this is the worst Apple product, but I have personally not been happy with any of the iOS 8 releases. They've been not reliable compared to previous releases. I do, however, love my 6. I think it's great and if it wasn't for the buggy OS, would be fantastic. Here's hoping Apple gets serious about fixing iOS 8.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
In my humble opinion, the iPhone 6+ is the BEST mobile device I ever have. I am using mine for almost a month with no issue and no complaint whatsoever. :)

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

This same dude had another thread saying he hates the iPhone 6 plus or something. He can go Cry some where else if he is unhappy. This forum is for the people who love their phone and we don't have any negativity here. If there is an issue we help each other to solve it :)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
We welcome criticism here however and if everyone including myself and the mods respond in a calm educated manner... That's far more important than anything else.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

I've done a restore as new by plugging into iTunes and just clicking on restore. Isn't that the same thing ? I didn't restore from iCloud backup and it installed a fresh version of the OS

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
So to start I set up my 6+ by restoring from my old iCloud backup. I then did a restore as I said on iTunes and set up as new, only pulling the contacts and stuff from iCloud. Is it possible that I still have some junk then from the old backup? I was told that doing a restore from iTunes like I did would pretty much wipe it all clean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh