Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default AppleCare+ and 6 Plus

Hey guys, I know there was some speculation that the $79 deductible for accidental damage replacement would be more expensive for the 6 Plus. I looked and didn't see anything updating on this so apologies of it's been reported already...

I got my AC+ fulfillment paperwork from Apple Canada today and it clearly states it will be $79 for the iPhone, regardless of size.

So I guess there's the answer.

AppleCare+ and 6 Plus-imageuploadedbytapatalk1414457047.201302.jpg
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    18,215 Global Posts

Default Re: AppleCare+ and 6 Plus

...thanks for sharing!
    iMore Intermediate

A guy got to the apple store with a cracked iPhone 6 plus and the rep told him it was from 119 to 149 to fix it without AppleCare+. It seems a good deal lol
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itsgusmetropolo View Post
    A guy got to the apple store with a cracked iPhone 6 plus and the rep told him it was from 119 to 149 to fix it without AppleCare+. It seems a good deal lol
    If that were true, it'd make little sense to buy Apple Care Plus because you spend what, $99 on the plan in the beginning plus $79 each time you have to get it repaired? The first time you're getting screwed...if you consider the cost differential on a second repair, I think I take my chances just paying outright for a screen repair.

That all follows the idea that their pricing estimate was true and the most you'd spend is $149 for a screen repair.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,892 Global Posts

Default AppleCare+ and 6 Plus

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    If that were true, it'd make little sense to buy Apple Care Plus because you spend what, $99 on the plan in the beginning plus $79 each time you have to get it repaired? The first time you're getting screwed...if you consider the cost differential on a second repair, I think I take my chances just paying outright for a screen repair.

That all follows the idea that their pricing estimate was true and the most you'd spend is $149 for a screen repair.
    I agree which is why you're better off just replacing the phone each time instead of fixing the screen. Just damage it more or something to get a replacement.

It's $79 to replace the phone itself. That would use one of your two replacements. If you replace twice that's $158 and you might as well just get a refund for the remaining time left from the original AC+ for $99. So let's say you break it twice within 9 months or so and get a refund of $60 or so after taxes (they added tax to my refund here in California). Two-hundred twenty bucks for two replacements.

By the way, I have no idea what the cost to replace a broken screen under Apple Care Plus is. But whatever it is, I'd rather just replace the whole phone.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I agree which is why you're better off just replacing the phone each time instead of fixing the screen. Just damage it more or something to get a replacement.

It's $79 to replace the phone itself. That would use one of your two replacements. If you replace twice that's $158 and you might as well just get a refund for the remaining time left from the original AC+ for $99. So let's say you break it twice within 9 months or so and get a refund of $60 or so after taxes (they added tax to my refund here in California). Two-hundred twenty bucks for two replacements.

By the way, I have no idea what the cost to replace a broken screen under Apple Care Plus is. But whatever it is, I'd rather just replace the whole phone.
    I have never used AppleCare+ or needed any replacement because broken any phones so I have never had it. I was gonna get it this year but I didn't.