Using iPhone 6plus without Screen Protector

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I got a Zagg Glass on launch day but removed it a few days after. Love the product but because of the curved edges of the 6+, I didn't like the way it looked. I've been without a screen protector ever since....no issues whatsoever!!!!!! I even had a drop last night, face down & it's good.

Edit: here's a pic

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414499970.812941.jpg

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I was objecting to your use of the term "foolish". I have chosen to never have a screen protector for all my iPhones and never had any scratches so I don't feel at all foolish for my choice. Nor would I feel bad about recommending someone to not get one based on my personal experience.
Okay, maybe Foolish is wrong, I admit it was a little blunt but I'm just saying that if you choose to not put a screen protector and if you happen (I'm not saying that you aren't careful, I don't doubt that) to get it scratched, I'm not going to mince words to make you feel any better about it.

salmanhkhan

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I got a Zagg Glass on launch day but removed it a few days after. Love the product but because of the curved edges of the 6+, I didn't like the way it looked. I've been without a screen protector ever since....no issues whatsoever!!!!!! I even had a drop last night, face down & it's good.

Edit: here's a pic

View attachment 69842

Wow thats incredible. It all depends how u handle ur iphone by the end of the day. And since i have removed my screen protector i have only one word to say. AMAZING. i pity myself that all those years coz of screen protectors on my previous iPhones i have missed such an awesome and seamless experience of the glass feel and touch. But like they say better late then never.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Okay, maybe foolish is wrong, I admit it was a little blunt but I'm just saying that if you choose to not put a screen protector and if you happen (I'm not saying that you aren't careful, I don't doubt that) to get it scratched, I'm not going to mince words to make you feel any better about it.

FTFY

If I get a scratch on my phone, you aren't going to pay to replace it. If I want to use a screen protector, you won't buy it for me. You have no stake in what happens to my phone either way because you aren't putting your money where your mouth is. As far as mincing words- money talks, people mumble.

B-17 Pilot

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I will be using the iPhone 6 Plus with the Tech21 Classic Check Smokey case and Verizon Tempered Glass protector. At least I will when my Plus arrives. . .still waiting for the 10/30/14 - 11/10/14 date window!!!

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone for about a month and haven't had a screen protector on it. It's holding up great. No issues or worries. I've got a case on it and if I put it in my pocket, it's a pocket that doesn't have anything else in it. Hope everyone is enjoying their 6 Plus as much as I am.

salmanhkhan

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I've had my phone for about a month and haven't had a screen protector on it. It's holding up great. No issues or worries. I've got a case on it and if I put it in my pocket, it's a pocket that doesn't have anything else in it. Hope everyone is enjoying their 6 Plus as much as I am.

This is exactly i am doing. Have reserved an exclusive pocket for my 6plus. And man how smooth the screen feel without a screen protector.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
FTFY

If I get a scratch on my phone, you aren't going to pay to replace it. If I want to use a screen protector, you won't buy it for me. You have no stake in what happens to my phone either way because you aren't putting your money where your mouth is. As far as mincing words- money talks, people mumble.
Let's just say: if you feel what you do in life is right, you really don't have to worry about what a guy (who you have never seen, no less) says about you. Lets just put it that way.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Let's just say: if you feel what you do in life is right, you really don't have to worry about what a guy (who you have never seen, no less) says about you. Lets just put it that way.

For some people, the words of a forum's moderators carry more weight than those of the average poster. To call people (who you have never seen, no less) foolish just because they choose to adorn their phones in a different manner than you do is insensitive, at best.

I'm not worried about what you say about me at all.

Imapfsr

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Good to know everyone as I have had a Zagg on it since day 1 and was looking for a reason to go naked. I had read one post were they were saying how scratched their 6 already was so I was concerned. Thanks

pftl

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I use anti glare Matte screen protector to avoid finger prints and also for a better view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

salmanhkhan

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Okay so I've taken the challenge top rock my 6+ screen protectorless..i bought a new case though... Its this one....View attachment 69891View attachment 69892View attachment 69893
Loving the fact that is the screen is protected when the phone is placed in the pocket.
Challenge accepted.... Loving the feel of the screen... It looks so much clearer

I told you so and welcome to the club ... like i mentioned earlier i always use to smack a screen protector on my previous iPhones on Day 1 ...but thanks to the curved glass and edges on iphone 6 plus that i was forced not to apply any sort of screen/glass protector on it ...and wow what amazing feeling the glass gives...honestly now never in my life no matter what other people say i am never gonna apply any screen protector on any phone i buy, it should be used the way it is meant to be... and i feel sad that all these years i missed the true experience of my iPhones by apply tacky protectors on there screens :-/

skraggy

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I think screen protectors are overrated. I have not used them for years and I have only had one minor scratch on a screen and that was years ago. The screens have gotten much better.

That said, if you throw them in a purse or bag frequently with keys and other things I could see a case for it.

My phones get a dedicated pocket.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

mpn_14

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Using mine without as I have done with all my iPhone's. I've never had scratches on any of my screens but it lives in my pocket on its own. I did try the hdx protector from ultimate shield but it didn't feel right, the screen is so smooth and swiping your finger across from side to side is much better without.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73