ApplePay disconnected at RiteAid and CVS

CrackOne

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Apparently, ApplePay was working last week at RiteAid and CVS Pharmacies. However, over the weekend, they both decided to disable ApplePay on their systems. No reason was given for the move. However, it was suggested that it was because they were both throwing their support behind a rival system being developed by a Merchants' Association. Here is the link to the story on Daily Finance:

CVS and Rite Aid Block Apple Pay From Their Stores - DailyFinance

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, ApplePay was working last week at RiteAid and CVS Pharmacies. However, over the weekend, they both decided to disable ApplePay on their systems. No reason was given for the move. However, it was suggested that it was because they were both throwing their support behind a rival system being developed by a Merchants' Association. Here is the link to the story on Daily Finance:

CVS and Rite Aid Block Apple Pay From Their Stores - DailyFinance

Old news. And both stores can go pound sand, as far as I am concerned. They have hitched their wagons to nags. There are other pharmacy outlets that are supporting Pay, and I have begun voting with my wallet - my mobile wallet (which is Pay).

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't really care for the drug stores much since I only go to buy some cold medicine or something if I really need it. Drug stores like those overprice stuff. I am going to care much more when stores like Target or even 7-11 don't take Apple Pay. I'll just continue to swipe my American Express like I always have. If they did something to force me to get whatever card they're trying to come up with to get around the merchant processing fees and want to link it straight to my bank account, it's going to be all cash.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm not going to say that I will boycott non-Apple Pay stores. But I will not sign up for their so called mobile solution. I'm not hooking up my bank account directly to their system and allow them to more easily track me across retailers/vendors with something as insecure as barcodes just because they save a little in transaction fees; I don't think this is in my best interest as a consumer, and they've done nothing to convince me otherwise. If they don't accept Apple Pay, I'll simply use my credit card (which I believe cost them the same as if I had used Apple Pay). Now, come next year some time, I'll avoid places when I can that only read magnetic strips instead of the chip/signature that we're finally getting.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I can see Apple and Google banning this app from their stores, just the way these retailers are banning the use of Apple Pay and Google Wallet.

I am NOT comfortable giving any of these retailers my banking information. No way, no how. I can see this turning into a major debacle when bank accounts, not just credit cards, get compromised.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox