This doesn't look good:

iPhone 6 Plus Crashing Issue Reported | iPhone Forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-26-2014 08:43 PM
    Not a problem if they replace the phone.
    10-26-2014 09:11 PM
    My phone randomly rebooted one time and since then it has been good with no issues. But someone on that thread raised a good point. A lot of them say they have gotten replacements. Does anyone know if apple carries stock that you can't buy from? (genuinely curious)
    10-26-2014 09:17 PM
    Not a problem if they replace the phone.
    I'm not so sure. Some have had 3 or 4 replacements already. It looks like a serious issue.
    10-26-2014 09:19 PM
    I have one and haven't had an issue. Just like all the other crap going around.
    10-26-2014 09:25 PM
    But 700 apps.. wow... that many are there 700 apps that someone would want? seriously
    Not Quite Right and substring like this.
    10-26-2014 09:44 PM
    I've experienced that many times. Should I get a replacement? My 5S had the same thing and it fixed with software updates.
    10-26-2014 09:49 PM
    So because a thread has 9000 views and 60 replies versus the tens million units sold this is a problem?

Moving on...

Sent from my iPhone 6+
    substring likes this.
    10-26-2014 10:20 PM
    I have one and haven't had an issue. Just like all the other crap going around.
    That doesn't mean that there isn't a problem.
    It may be a bad batch of phones or software.

10-26-2014 10:20 PM
    So because a thread has 9000 views and 60 replies versus the tens million units sold this is a problem?

Moving on...

Sent from my iPhone 6+
    So, when Toyota sold 5 million Camrys, and "only"13 deaths were reported for a problem, they shouldn't have done a recall?

10-26-2014 10:24 PM
    So, when Toyota sold 5 million Camrys, and "only"13 deaths were reported for a problem, they shouldn't have done a recall?

So a phone randomly rebooting is comparable to death now?

My point was that the problem is only being reported by a fraction of a percentage of users. While it is a problem it is a very minor one and really not worth worrying about.

We could spend all day talking about the one off scenarios that could happen or we could enjoy our lives. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone 6+
    substring likes this.
    10-26-2014 10:27 PM
    So a phone randomly rebooting is comparable to death now?

My point was that the problem is only being reported by a fraction of a percentage of users. While it is a problem it is a very minor one and really not worth worrying about.

We could spend all day talking about the one off scenarios that could happen or we could enjoy our lives. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone 6+
    Not comparable to death, but your reasoning that millions of phones have been sold and a much smaller number are reporting the same issue carries the same reasoning of the millions of Camrys sold, and only 13 reported issues. There was still a problem.

10-26-2014 10:31 PM
    Not comparable to death, but your reasoning that millions of phones have been sold and a large number are reporting the same issue carries the same reasoning of the millions of Camrys sold, and only 13 reported issues. There was still a problem.

1) a problem is a problem, not arguing that. I am just saying we should keep it in perspective
    2) read the source article. The author is using a thread with 60 comments and 9000 views as a basis for saying there is a definite issue.

Again, if there is a problem, apple should fix it. But if you read any forum(which you do) you see lots of issues that are user caused or device caused or software caused. This is very premature to say there is a broad issue here caused by faulty phones.

Sent from my iPhone 6+
    10-26-2014 10:37 PM
    I have had one random reboot and had it lock up on me last. I let it sit for few minutes and nothing changed, finally did a hard reset and it's been fine since.
    10-26-2014 11:34 PM
    1) a problem is a problem, not arguing that. I am just saying we should keep it in perspective
    2) read the source article. The author is using a thread with 60 comments and 9000 views as a basis for saying there is a definite issue.

Again, if there is a problem, apple should fix it. But if you read any forum(which you do) you see lots of issues that are user caused or device caused or software caused. This is very premature to say there is a broad issue here caused by faulty phones.

Sent from my iPhone 6+
    I very much agree. The author seems to be confusing 60 comments and 9000 views as some sort of measurement for the number of problems. If you have a problem, go to an Apple store and get it exchanged.
    10-26-2014 11:42 PM
    I very much agree. The author seems to be confusing 60 comments and 9000 views as some sort of measurement for the number of problems. If you have a problem, go to an Apple store and get it exchanged.
    No, I'm not confusing anything, and I don't know how much of an issue that it is. But it is a possibility that some Apple products are having problems, as evidenced by the support site. And some people are on their 4th phone. Time will tell, I guess. I hope that it is just a bad batch of hardware, or maybe some isolated corrupt files, and quickly gets resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-27-2014 05:06 AM
    No, I'm not confusing anything, and I don't know how much of an issue that it is. But it is a possibility that some Apple products are having problems, as evidenced by the support site. And some people are on their 4th phone. Time will tell, I guess. I hope that it is just a bad batch of hardware, or maybe some isolated corrupt files, and quickly gets resolved.

I could be wrong, but I read it to be that he was referring to the author of the article confusing the 9000 views and 60 comments.

The number of views mean nothing to me, as soon as someone sees a title relating to iPhone problems they will read it.

I always find it funny how any issue with iPhone gets blown up into a big ordeal. Anytime you sell several million of any product there are going to be issues show up with some of them.
    10-27-2014 06:24 AM
    Because of the size and reach of Apple, anything that is considered to be a problem or an issue will get reported on. That's just the nature of the beast. If you have a problem with your device take it in to a Genius Bar and have it looked at. In my view, some of this stuff borders on sensationalism when it comes to this company. Apple is a very popular and successful company and they will be disliked because of that.
    10-27-2014 09:19 AM
    mine reboots itself almost all the time. Mostly when I try to move from one app to another as fast as I can. Then safari crashes. Sometimes the phone would restart itself but it only takes seconds to be back on. It also gets slow when I have many apps running on multitasking. I guess it's the lack of ram? idk...

anyways, i won't be taking my new phone to apple store just to get a refurbished one.
    10-27-2014 09:37 AM
    Was it a full reboot or just the springboard crashing? Some apps will cause the springboard to crash and reload. I've had that happen on my 6 a few times. It rarely happens (to me) if the device is not jailbroken. Mine has been stock for years and I've only started seeing it again on iOS 8.
    10-27-2014 11:45 AM
    Yet you felt the need to describe it as a "serious issue" above...weird.

Sorry, but this, like most issues with the iPhone every year, represents a very tiny amount of users and is nothing remotely "serious".
    10-27-2014 03:10 PM
    Yet you felt the need to describe it as a "serious issue" above...weird.

Sorry, but this, like most issues with the iPhone every year, represents a very tiny amount of users and is nothing remotely "serious".
    "Serious " and widespread are two different things. I believe that me, you, or anyone else that would continue to have the issue after getting replacements would consider it serious.

10-27-2014 04:47 PM
    I could be wrong, but I read it to be that he was referring to the author of the article confusing the 9000 views and 60 comments.

The number of views mean nothing to me, as soon as someone sees a title relating to iPhone problems they will read it.

I always find it funny how any issue with iPhone gets blown up into a big ordeal. Anytime you sell several million of any product there are going to be issues show up with some of them.
    That is correct. I didn't mean the OP of this post but the article itself. It says, "An Apple Support Community forum thread focusing on the issue has more than 9,000 views and 60 replies, so it is clearly not an isolated issue." Views and replies are not indicative that this is a widespread issue. People are curious and/or trying to help the people with their iPhone problems as well. This thread has 730 views as of this post but that is indicative of nothing.
    10-27-2014 05:43 PM
    "Serious " and widespread are two different things. I believe that me, you, or anyone else that would continue to have the issue after getting replacements would consider it serious.

Your implication was that it was a major issue...stop trying to beat around the bush. It's no more major than the now almost forgotten "bend gate" issue. There isn't a "serious issue" with the iPhone 6 Plus...there is a small sample size of people who reported something and an even smaller group of people who, for whatever reason, want to make the issue seem bigger than it realistically is.
    10-27-2014 06:17 PM
    I have 699 aps! Oh no. 6+ here no issues
    10-27-2014 06:29 PM
46 12