Are you comfortable using iphone 6 plus with one hand?

jonnaver

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I find phones like this too large. It's not a hand use issue for me, it's a portability issue. I wear jeans a lot and even as a fairly big person, I find I'm always too nervous about sitting down and having to be always mindful about taking it out of my pocket first. I also find large phones feel awkward and bulky even in large pockets. It's not something I've ever gotten used to despite what I see some people claim, which is that you get used to it. I've never gotten used to the bulk of phones that are 5-5.5 inches no matter how long I have them.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I find phones like this too large. It's not a hand use issue for me, it's a portability issue. I wear jeans a lot and even as a fairly big person, I find I'm always too nervous about sitting down and having to be always mindful about taking it out of my pocket first. I also find large phones feel awkward and bulky even in large pockets. It's not something I've ever gotten used to despite what I see some people claim, which is that you get used to it. I've never gotten used to the bulk of phones that are 5-5.5 inches no matter how long I have them.
Phablets aren't for everyone. I actually could go a little bigger.I want the Note series to get to 6 inches on the screen and that will be perfect for me.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
For me after having it less than 24 hours I can tell it will take a few weeks to get comfortable using it one handed. It's a muscle memory thing from holding all the other iPhones a certain way. I like using it two handed also. I believe I do like the feel better when on a phone call compared to the 3.5 and 4 inch iPhones. The 6 has a good feel also when on a call.

I do keep reaching for the top to put the plus to sleep.

Last edited:

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I can scroll through things one handed, but I've been a 2 handed Typer since my first blackberry. Not sure I could ever type one handed for anything more than a few words.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
For the most part, yes. I don't find it difficult to use my 6 Plus one handed when I really need to.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Mine is perfect one handed. Not as good as the 5s was for one handed use but I'll take the 4.7 real estate and lose a bit of one handed comfort

vncmgn

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Of course no one would be comfortable using the plus with one hand although possible since I'm typing this with one hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vncmgn

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Lots of people would beg to differ. I feel perfect comfortable using my 6+ in one of my little female hands. So while you may not be comfortable, your pronouncement that "no one would be comfortable" are clearly false.

So you're completely comfortable using the ip6 plus with one hand? Well then if that's the case I'm jealous. I only use one hand when laziness is taking over me and I have time to spare. After one handed use with typing a lot, with navigating and unlocking, I feel the weight of the phone as well. I've never heard someone else say they're comfortable using it with one hand (I would if typing wasn't one of the concerns) comfortable means you can stand the day easily just using one hand like what the other generations of iphones gave you as an experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I can comfortably use my iPhone 6 Plus with one hand for some things. But I always use 2 hands for typing - even on my original iPhone (2G), and all the way up to the iPhone 6 Plus.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
95% one handed use for me. I find myself gripping it differently than my 5S.
I'm starting to develop several grips. Its just happening naturally.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Most of the time I am very comfortable with one handed use, sometimes I need the extra hand to do something. Rarely do I remember to double tap the home button since I was used to larger phones to begin with.

heathertrent

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I was born missing my left arm from about two inches below my elbow. I received my 6+ on Monday and I am pretty comfortable using it with my one hand. I am a female with a somewhat small hand. To be fair, I am used to doing everything with one hand so I guess that is not much help, lol. :tongue:

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't ever NOT use my phone one-handed. To me, using any phone no matter what size two handed is just weird. A lot of people disagree, so I suppose I'm in the minority haha

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes. There are some situations where I have to use it with two hands and I accept that. I'm used using large devices so there was no learning curve for me. I know exactly what I can do with one hand and what I need two hands for. I typed this message using one hand.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I use two hands most of the time but I have done that with most of my phones for the last couple years. Didn't need to on previous iPhones but did anyway. I can text with one hand but I don't see a reason to do that if I don't have to. It's faster to type with two hands for me. Maybe others are different though.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Being known for habitually switching between Android and iOS, the 4.7" screen is very manageable with one hand to me!

Oops. Don't know how I didn't see this was in the 6-Plus forum lol

Last edited:

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got an 8 month old I can only use my phone with one hand most of the time lol. In all seriousness though I'm completely comfortable using my phone with one hand in portrait. Landscape I think it's awkward to type even two handed. The keyboard is just too centered.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner