All Black iPhone 6 Plus

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
For those that hate putting cases on their iPhone because of the added bulk but would like better grip and avoid scratches, check out my all black iPhone 6 plus!

The skin is from Slickwraps and can be bought here:

iPhone 6 Plus | Black Color Skins, Wraps & Decals // SlickWraps

For years I've been using Ghost Armor skins and decided to try something different that offer different styles. I'm glad I found Slickwraps!

I love this skin because it offers better grip and gives me the all black look that I've always wanted.

Let me know if you have any questions for those that are interested. The install is not hard but requires patience. No water application type of skin.

Attachments

• IMG_1788.JPG
    IMG_1788.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 274
  • IMG_1787.JPG
    IMG_1787.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 297
  • IMG_1786.JPG
    IMG_1786.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 285

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Whoa maybe I should've bought that instead of the leather plus case. Is that like a texture vinyl matte skim?

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Whoa maybe I should've bought that instead of the leather plus case. Is that like a texture vinyl matte skim?

The texture has a rough feel to it. It's great for grip. I also have the leather apple 6 plus case which I'm now returning :). To me this skin offers more grip than the case and with no bulk at all.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It was $18 something shipped. A heater is needed to secure the corners, which is not hard at all. The skin is really cut precisely! I'm very impressed with the quality and fitment. The nice thing about the skin is that it is thin enough that you can still use a case when you want. I normally like my phone naked but the plus is too slippery imo and prone to dropping.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
What if you want to go naked for a day? Is it easy to remlve and reapply?

I really do not see the point of removing it to go naked for a day. It's a thin skin. So the intent is to give you the feel of a naked phone because of the no added bulk and it will provide more grip than naked. If you prefer the naked feel and want to protect your phone when on the go, I recommend using a case.

This skin will only protect from scratches and not from major drops. This is great for people that are against using cases but want protection from scratches to the casing of the phone.

madeano

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Any concerns about scratching or tearing? How is it applied? Sites not coming up for me right now. Does it stick on and if it does are you worried about residue?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

salmanhkhan

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm not using any type of screen protector. Thanks.

As you have stated that you are not using any type of screen protector so i am curious to know how well your iphone screen is holding up? Any scratches yet ? What abt the tiny hairline scratches on the oleophobic coating ?

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
As you have stated that you are not using any type of screen protector so i am curious to know how well your iphone screen is holding up? Any scratches yet ? What abt the tiny hairline scratches on the oleophobic coating ?

Looks new to me. No scratches or hair line scratches at all. For the past 4 iPhones I had, I've never had a scratch on screen. All looked good upon selling them. I've had cases where I did get one or two hair line scratch. However, they are just visible under a light. None affected the resale value nor did the buyer even seen these hair line scratches. I also take care of my device and never put anything in the pocket where the phone is in. I also only use soft cloth when cleaning the screen from smudges.

I just love the feel of glass and hate the idea of affecting this for the next buyer to enjoy a scratch free screen.

salmanhkhan

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Looks new to me. No scratches or hair line scratches at all. For the past 4 iPhones I had, I've never had a scratch on screen. All looked good upon selling them. I've had cases where I did get one or two hair line scratch. However, they are just visible under a light. None affected the resale value nor did the buyer even seen these hair line scratches. I also take care of my device and never put anything in the pocket where the phone is in. I also only use soft cloth when cleaning the screen from smudges.

I just love the feel of glass and hate the idea of affecting this for the next buyer to enjoy a scratch free screen.

Spot on. The last line of your statement is the very reason i decided not to use screen protector on my 6plus..

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Any concerns about scratching or tearing? How is it applied? Sites not coming up for me right now. Does it stick on and if it does are you worried about residue?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Hi, the skin will not scratch because of the material and it's texture. It's dry application with the help of a hair dryer to soften the sides when adhering to the side/corners of the phone. No residue when removing. During my install I had to remove the corners after attaching them already to reapply and align them better. I didn't see any residue on the aluminum when I did this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh