What Are Your Thoughts 2 Months Later..

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I can't even imagine switching to a smaller size again anymore.
When I look at the handykey keyboard that is the size of the 5s keyboard I ask myself how did I type on this

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
WiFi slowness could be due to a variety of factors (WiFi access point type, settings, useage from other WiFi devices, protocols supported...). I put my 6+ in Airplane mode with WiFi on and ran Ookla Speedtest. 33.25 Mbps download and 7.84Mbps upload with 385ms ping latency (from farthest point in the house away from the router).

Since the Speedtest talks to an external server infrastructure and network (your cell provider, internet, hosting server provider) that may have its own variability, the results received from one test may not be the same for the next, but in general if three tests were run with the same variables each time; then the results should be roughly the same.

My router is the current Airport Extreme generation which supports 802.11ac. To me WiFi seems fine at home, but that's mostly where I use it.

I just recent bought an AC router the most expensive one at bestbuy I have high speed internet and my ookla speed test is 12mbps and 3mbps I don't know my note 4 was more then double the speeds

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I think it might be defective because I'm having other problems with messaging and lagging that I don't normal have and also the wifi being really slow is annoying I'm probably going to get another one

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I just recent bought an AC router the most expensive one at bestbuy I have high speed internet and my ookla speed test is 12mbps and 3mbps I don't know my note 4 was more then double the speeds

Sounds like it may be defective. I'm averaging about 20 down and 15 up.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

What is your actual Internet plan? An AC router is still going to work within your Internet plan. So if your plan is 20 mb down, you are not going to get higher.

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
What is your actual Internet plan? An AC router is still going to work within your Internet plan. So if your plan is 20 mb down, you are not going to get higher.

50mbps thinking about switching to the 100mbps but I think it's my phone I'm probably going to switch it just in case

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I have been doing a bunch of studying / research and reading different forums its seems that when you backup your iPhone 6 plus with a backup from a previous iPhone sometimes there is problems and apple recommended setting it up as a new iPhone so i did that and the phone seems way faster , I think it's kind of stupid that , that should even happen hope that they are bringing out a fix for it soon

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I have been doing a bunch of studying / research and reading different forums its seems that when you backup your iPhone 6 plus with a backup from a previous iPhone sometimes there is problems and apple recommended setting it up as a new iPhone so i did that and the phone seems way faster , I think it's kind of stupid that , that should even happen hope that they are bringing out a fix for it soon

Care to share the source you are citing?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I restored my phone but i will look for it again and post it here when I have the chance one of them was a spring / apple care forum
Found one of them

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6550902?tstart=0

lol...that is a forum the same as iMore, it just happens to be on Apple's website. There is nothing official about anything said in that thread or about the information you provided about setting up as new being the "optimal" choice. I backed up from my 5S, and it worked just fine.

Walchaar6

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
lol...that is a forum the same as iMore, it just happens to be on Apple's website. There is nothing official about anything said in that thread or about the information you provided about setting up as new being the "optimal" choice. I backed up from my 5S, and it worked just fine.

I didn't say that it will happen no matter what but I know that it's been an issue and most people that do it as new are not having the same problem as backing it up I personally know people that are having the same issue .

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
This phone has been joy, joy and joy. I'm in love with it. I don't have anything negative to say about my experience... Well my pathetic carrier who's reception is ridiculous for having such slow download speeds is horrid. Other than that I'm so darn happy. It's good to know you've spent the right money on a brilliant device. 100% customer satisfaction

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I had my plus for only a couple of weeks now and I love it.
I got use to the size quickly, but I do have large hands.
Got IP5 for work and seems so tiny now. I will never go back to small phone.
The only issue that I have is my addiction to cases. I am like a woman with purses. Why limited my self to just one. Different moods means a different cases. I rotate case weekly to get it a fresh look. 😍

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73