What Are Your Thoughts 2 Months Later..

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I love it and its novelty has not worn off. Today I used it to take lots of photos and edit them on my way home from downtown. The battery lasts, the screen is gorgeous, and the camera is excellent. I usually go through various phones every year but I think I have found the one!

I will agree with you. I may have found a keeper as well.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
After a month of using it, this is my new normal. I'm completely comfortable with it, and will likely continue to upgrade to phones this size. I picked up my mom's 5s yesterday, and it felt so small.

No way I'm going back to anything smaller than the 6+. Also the battery life on this thing is killer. This is the best iPhone yet!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm loving this bad boy. I still use a 5S for work, so I have them both on a daily basis. Definitely love the 6 Plus. Hate using the 5S sometimes.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I could write a long piece about how much I love this phone but I won't torture y'all. It's slick, stylish and the battery lasts for daaaays(for me). It does everything I want in a phone amazingly. There are no shortcuts in my opinion. I'm still in lub.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Sigh, for example, make app icons proportionate to the size of the screen...

They could do that, but it would eliminate a row of icons from the home screen. It would feel more like the iPad and its five rows of icons but they seem to have a lot of space between them at every angle.

I personally am not a fan of icons and running apps being so zoomed in. I would be better off using a 5S if I'm not going to see more content on a device with more screen real estate.

As far as the question of the OP goes, my thoughts are the same as they were when the device was being rumored through the Spring/Summer. I finally have a mobile phone device that runs iOS with a much bigger screen I've so desperately wanted.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
They could do that, but it would eliminate a row of icons from the home screen. It would feel more like the iPad and its five rows of icons but they seem to have a lot of space between them at every angle.

I personally am not a fan of icons and running apps being so zoomed in. I would be better off using a 5S if I'm not going to see more content on a device with more screen real estate.

As far as the question of the OP goes, my thoughts are the same as they were when the device was being rumored through the Spring/Summer. I finally have a mobile phone device that runs iOS with a much bigger screen I've so desperately wanted.

I agree. I also thought the space between icons on the iPads were weird. That's just me though.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

It seems really unreasonable but if I could get a little of that space to place widgets instead, like I would with Android, that would be great. But I do understand that Apple chose to do what they did on the new iPhones. It's just a little rant of mine.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm a month in today and I definitely couldn't go back to my 5S, it seems so teeny tiny for lack of a better description, and I almost bought a 6 instead of a 6+ OIS and the split screen like on the iPad sold me to get the 6+ ... I don't ever see me go to the size of the 6 anytime soon, but we'll see how it goes once I get my lifeproof case for this thing, hopefully it has rounded edges and it would feel bulky and still feel nice in your hand, and as since they usually make them as thin as possible, I think that won't be an issue

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I never thought the 6+ too big from the very beginning. After using it for almost a month, I can't see how I can go back to a smaller phone.

djpatrickb

Banned
Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
My partner ordered the 6 plus and I ordered the 6 knowing that the 6 would be the perfect size for me. My partner asked me to trade him. He cleans houses all day. With all the bending and moving around the 6 plus kept getting in the way. I absolutely LOVE this phone. Fits in my pocket well and I love the screen size. I can't use it one handed but I am over that already. With the addition of Yosemite's handoff and sms features makes this phone more worth it. I think i have become a true Apple geek.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Agree with OP completely, when I pick up my 5S now it feels like its an inch big. Amazing how getting used to the size changes things, and I now understand the people who said they couldn't go back to a small screen again.

LGibbo82

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
The double tap to bring down the top apps is a great feature for me, got use to using this feature now, and I'm able to use the device with one hand! :)

Defo is a life saver for me

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I also have the note 4 and I'm thinking about switching to the plus what is it that you like about the plus more then the note 4 if you don't mind me asking? maybe it will help me decide

There isn't much I like better but there are some key things obviously.

Apple Pay is faster and easier
Digital lightning connector that's reversible
iMessage
Battery life is better (slightly)
iOS is faster and more attractive
Apps still are more polished
More attractive device, but not by much
Camera is faster. Not better, but faster.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hands down the best handset on the market. The size is perfect and alway was. I don't miss my 5s even remotely.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hands down the best handset on the market. The size is perfect and alway was. I don't miss my 5s even remotely.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I agree with you in the size. I do think the front of the device is the most beautiful I have seen. Those subtly curved edges in the screen and the phone's thinness is just plain delicious.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2