Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

97 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,013 Global Posts

Default My experience with Apple Pay so far

First, the setup was fairly simple, with setting up addresses being the only confusing part. After it recognized my card, it showed city and state, but that was it. I went in and manually entered my entire address for both billing and shipping (surprised I didn't see a checkbox to say "Same as billing"). Then, a day later, I received an email from my bank regarding what 4-digit number to use if a cashier asks for the last four digits (it is different than my actual card, and is tied to my device). Ok.... I think I can do this.

I tried finding a place for the past three days to use it. I went to two Subways and a Chevron station with Extra Mile. They did not have terminals with receivers.

I finally found a place to use it today. Used it at another Chevron with Extra Mile. First time, it didn't work. It said to enter a code on my phone, but it closed before I could do anything. I put it towards the terminal again, and it worked.

HOWEVER, the terminal DID prompt me to push its button for debit or credit. I chose credit. Then, it was complete.

I'm not seeing how this is easier, better or faster than using my card.
    iMore Intermediate

135 Posts
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Default Re: My experience with Apple Pay so far

I used it for the first time yesterday.

I set it up the day it came out without issue. Yesterday I went to McDonald's and tried it out....

I opened up passbook, selected my card, waved the card over the terminal, was instantly prompted for my fingerprint, and then the transaction was complete. The whole thing took about 5 seconds.