For Those Into This Sort Of Thing...What Cans Are You Using?

arftech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Currently, I have over 11,000 songs loaded on my 6 Plus because the music part of the phone is important to me. I value the importance of music and this can take on different genres such as hip/hop, indie, electronica, dubstep, r&b, rock, jazz, blues and of course Washington DC's Go Go. The majority of these songs are complete albums which I feel tells the whole story that the artist had intended. Whatever I'm in the mood for I want my music available and ready to go. Portability rules baby! With that being said I find the iPhone an excellent depository for this type of media. Hopefully, Apple will go a step further in future designs to introduce high resolution audio to the iPhone.

I'm rocking the newer Beats Studio Wireless cans which take portability to the next level because they use no wires and that allows you to move about freely. Improved bluetooth technology is here now! In the past, anything Beats were pretty bad and by bad I mean they weren't that good. The Beats sound was booming bass that wasn't accurate, a terrible midrange and harsh sounding treble. To their credit, Dr. Dre/Lovine and company have stepped up their game big time with the newer wireless version and Solo HD version. The bass is better defined and the other frequency ranges are well tuned as well.

So, what are you guys rocking to play music through on your iPhones and what do you like to listen to?

Peace and enjoy the music!

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the market for new Cans, don't know if I wanna give Beats a chance or not despite being a bass head. Right now I'm rocking some Ultrasone's HD 580's for in the house and some AJAY-5 earbuds for portability. They have served me quite well but it's time to upgrade.

I listen to a bit of everything from Rock, Metal, Rap, Mortal Kombat theme song(yes it deserves it's own mention!), R&B and really whatever else my ears enjoy.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
For me I don't use headphones often but the amount I have used beats I have enjoyed the sound. I listen to mostly hard rock, and 90s rock ( foo fighters, soundgarden, pearl jam, Volbeat... Etc Etc ).

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have 6 or more pair of Beats by Dre cans (mostly studios but I have a pair of Solo HD, Detox Beats Pro, and a pair of old Tours) and my latest pair is the new studios but I wasn't patient enough to wait for the wireless. They came out about a month after I bought mine, go figure. I listen to a combination of things, mostly hip hop but I love alternative, EDM, soul music (I'm from Motown, so you might understand why), and some rock. They all sound very good with the studios but now I prefer listening with the new studios over the old, because of sound quality.

arftech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If you're a bass head you must give the Studio Wireless an audition as I think they're vastly improved over past iterations and you might be pleasantly surprised by them.

In house I use Hifiman HE-500 which uses planar technology to deliver the sound. They're quite good for more serious listening when paired to a nice headphone amp but I digress.

arftech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
The only other Beats I've used in the past were the older Beats Pros which I found were too bulky for portable use and the older Solos. The new wired Studios that you have are quite good and may be a tad better than the wireless versions but some reviewers are saying both of them sound similar which proves bluetooth technology for headphones have come full circle.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
UE10 pro IEM custom from 2005. Still rocking! Sensitive enough that an external amp isn't required. All genres listened to. As a musician and producer I'm picky about these things.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I use in-ear monitors mostly. Not a fan of on-ear or over-ear unless I'm at home... and not a fan of active noise canceling over-ears. If I'm using headphones though, I do like Grado. I listen to everything from classical, opera, hip hip and r&b, all kinds of rock (classic, alternative, emo, metal) country, EDM/trance, 50s oldies, ambient, holiday/seasonal... Even some choral.

As far as what I use personally, HiFiMan RE-400 WaterLine in-ear monitors. Absolutely amazing accuracy and clarity. Good soundstage for an in-ear. Great separation of instruments/sources. Very flat sound. Doesn't color the music with its own sound profile. You hear it as it was meant to be heard. I use them with Comply foam tips. Brings a little extra warmth to the lows. As good of an in-ear as you'll find for $100... and frankly holds its own when stacked against IEMs in the $200 and $300 range easily.

I was also using some Sennheiser CX-300ii Enhanced Bass in-ears for a while. Warm sound profile, bordering on dark. Deep bass, but accurate. Not muddy. Punchy. Good highs, but the peaks could get a little harsh. Mids were solid. Overall great little in-ears for $30. Reminded me a little of Beats Tour in-ears... But better accuracy of sound and tighter bass, and $70 cheaper. Too bad my cat chewed through one of the wires :(

itsgusmetropolo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Apple earpods. They are good, sleek and easy to carry around. I have a pair of skullcandy hesh but rarely use 'em (just at home). I don't like headphones when I'm walking or riding a bike.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I only use headphones when I am at home. Outside I use the headset that comes with the phone. I also don't like Bluetooth wireless headset because it degrades the music quality in my humble opinion. :)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Qc25. Got them free from Amazon to review over the summer. They're pretty awesome. Haven't tried beats.

I've had high end klipsch earbuds in past but don't really like in ear. The cans are more comfortable.

Still use a bt stereo headset from dell as well. It must be nearly 15 years old now.

arftech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I only use headphones when I am at home. Outside I use the headset that comes with the phone. I also don't like Bluetooth wireless headset because it degrades the music quality in my humble opinion. :)

What headphones do you have? For more serious listening on my audio system I'm using the HifiMan HE-500 but what I want to do is play them through my iPhone and do a comparison between them and the Beats. I'll do that when my 3.5mm adaptor comes from Amazon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR