My honest opinion about the 6 plus.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I just got the iPhone 6 plus yesterday morning. I have been using it for over a day and probably I need to give myself more time with it.. But this was my first impression:

Same thing, bigger screen. It's the same as my iPhone 5, I don't see any speed improvements at all, in fact the 6 Plus kind of lags when I turn it off and back on, my iPhone 5 doesn't..

I thought it was going to be a big change like the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 were.. Bigger screen, better performance but that's not the case here. Disappointed to say the least. The screen is gorgeous yes. But that's it. I am going to continuously use it over the weekend and see if I fall in love with it..

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got the iPhone 6 plus yesterday morning. I have been using it for over a day and probably I need to give myself more time with it.. But this was my first impression:

Same thing, bigger screen. It's the same as my iPhone 5, I don't see any speed improvements at all, in fact the 6 Plus kind of lags when I turn it off and back on, my iPhone 5 doesn't..

I thought it was going to be a big change like the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 were.. Bigger screen, better performance but that's not the case here. Disappointed to say the least. The screen is geourgeos yes. But that's it. I am going to continuously use it over the weekend and see if I fall in love with it..

What do you guys think?

I think.... people are going to tell you how wrong you are.

Personally I think the physical design is enough to upgrade over the 5s, but I didn't like the squared look the past few generations have had. Some people just want a bigger screen than the 6, that is what you get with the 6+, but not much more.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I think.... people are going to tell you how wrong you are.

Personally I think the physical design is enough to upgrade over the 5s, but I didn't like the squared look the past few generations have had. Some people just want a bigger screen than the 6, that is what you get with the 6+, but not much more.

Thanks for the comment! I don't know.. I am not really going over the 6 plus because I hate the iPhone 5's design, I love the iPhone 5's edges and everything. It's just that I thought it was going to be different in some way, like the iPhone 5 was to the iPhone 4.. I don't feel that it is the case this year.. I am really thinking about returning it and wait for the iPhone 6S plus? I don't know.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
My honest opinion about the 6 Plus is that it's f'n awesome and I don't miss my 5S at all.

Why though? Probably you aren't looking into the speed sector and that's totally fine! I love the 6 Plus as well, I just don't see/feel it is a big difference just a bigger screen, but everyone has it's own preferences, ideas and choices.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Wow. Way to contribute.

There's nothing TO contribute. OP doesn't seem to be happy with the device and that's that. I find these kind of posts unnecessary. What I like is not always going to be what you like and vice versa. I don't get why people need to find validity over their decisions. If he does not like it, take it back and move on. Easy.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'll be very honest here. After using my 6+ for over a month now, I find it very, very hard to use a small iPhone. It's to the point where my eyes have been trained to use that bigger screen. Typing on it is even much easier now.

So here it is.....Thr screen i

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Why though? Probably you aren't looking into the speed sector and that's totally fine! I love the 6 Plus as well, I just don't see/feel it is a big difference just a bigger screen, but everyone has it's own preferences, ideas and choices.

The first time I used touch id on it, I immediately noticed the difference in how it read my print quicker than my 5S.

The camera actually focuses quicker than my 5S did and requires little management from me to focus on the subject at hand.

Apps that have been updated for the screen size have smaller font (which I have always happened to like) which gives me more content on my screen. And that's only the beginning of that. Sooner than later when developers have more time with this, they're going to make apps that not only give you more content but also add functionality that utilize all that screen real estate. Think of ipad apps. That in itself will qualify as probably the biggest difference you'll see when compared to the previous generation iPhones.

The lag thing I have been experiencing more lately which tells me that I ought to restore my phone as new because that's an iOS 8 issue.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'll be very honest here. After using my 6+ for over a month now, I find it very, very hard to use a small iPhone. It's to the point where my eyes have been trained to use that bigger screen. Typing on it is even much easier now.

So here it is.....The screen is bigger AND better, and that is the main selling point for me and truthfully the only REAL difference between the 6+ and the 6. The OIS with the camera is intact as well, but comparing the two there doesn't seem to be huge differences. All in all, the bigger, higher quality display is really the only difference.

Comparing it to previous versions of the iPhone, it adds the ability to use ApplePay of course, has a better camera, and of course the much better, bigger display. Now as I've posted in other threads, the 6+ IS slower than the iPhone 5, 5s and the regular 6. The update to 8.1 might have made it a bit smoother, however it does indeed lag when compared to the other iPhones (I'm referring to doing tasks such as clicking the home button to switch between apps, browsing safari, etc). The 1GB RAM, which is the same on this new, bigger screened 6+, I feel is making itself visible in regards to the speed. I keep hearing that it has to downscale, and maybe that really is causing it to run slower.

So to sum it up.....do I prefer the 6+ ? Yes
why ? Because of the bigger, crisper display. I could not go back to smaller
Are there trade-offs? All in all, just a bit. The 6+ moves a bit slower than the 5 or 5s, whether they are running iOS 7 or ios 8.....as well as the regular 6. Should there have to be trade-offs ? No, and it kind of bugs me. However, I've adjusted to the slight decline in the fluidity of the iOS on my 6+ compared to ios 7 on my 5 and ios 7/8 on the 5s. The bigger screen is enough of a reason for me to keep it. "Bigger than bigger"? Not really. But bigger is better lol

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I came from a iPhone 5 so things are a bit different for me. The things I have noticed:

Touch ID - I'm absolutely in love with it. I didn't think it would be a big deal for me but wow was I wrong. It is amazing

Camera Focusing - Bam! Instant lock-on

Battery - 2+ days off the battery with 12 hours usage

Camera itself - I haven't been in any great situations, outside is kind of bland in California but damn, I love it

Looks - Hey, it's a beautiful phone :p

Screen - Screen is gorgeous but so was my i5's. I haven't really noticed a difference though, just one was bigger

OIS - Haven't really recorded any video yet but it's fantastic that was included

I'm sorry you haven't been impressed. Maybe it was just because it was sequential upgrade thing while for me I went from an i5 to a 6+?

lostinaustin

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I have to agree that the 6plus is a hair slower than the six. IOS is so smooth in general that it doesn't bother me to much. Turning off the screen rotation definitely helps .

That being said its still more fluid than my LG G3 which was pushing even more pixels.

I'm happy with it regardless , it's hard not to be impressed by the hardware design. TouchID just works , the camera is amongst the best , and I haven't been able to kill the battery one day of use (and I have tried).

I'm sure the 6plus S will have a faster graphics chip and more ram , I think I will be content for the year.

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I had the 4S, 5, and 5S - and still use a 5S for work. The 6+ "I think" is much better mainly because of the hardware updates. Definite improvement with camera quality in pretty much every aspect, Touch ID works faster and better, higher PPI looks better, overall look and feel, louder speaker, etc. When I switch over to my 5S after using the 6+, I can hardly type on it anymore lol. It looks so tiny and toyish for some reason.. 5 is still a great device don't get me wrong. This is all subjective though.

ChrisJ1

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you everyone for the comments! They really helped out.. I am going to use it over the weekend and I will update on my thoughts!

By the way, the screen is amazing. Haven't upgraded to 8.1 yet, I received it with 8.0.2. Been playing with it a little bit too much haha.

MaikJay

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Coming from a 4 to the 6+ I'm absolutely loving it! It's a brand new phone for me and it's what I've been waiting for. I have to agree with BlazingGold in that I also find it difficult handling another iPhone now. You've only had it a day now...give it some time. The beauty of it is if it doesn't work for you there's options now!