My honest opinion about the 6 plus.

Hiri89

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I had the iphone 5. I skipped the 5s. Bit i lost it for being drunk and i had to use the 4 for like 3 months. 3 miserable months with that pain in the ****. So of course i did notice a difference.

However. I do love my phone. I dont care about the specs. I just care about how beautiful it is lol. I dont even play games on it. I only use my phone for fb, ig, texting and safari. U wont believe if i tell you i haven't taken any pics with my iphone other than photos i take in class to the power point slides. Lol. So even though ive had almost every single gen. Of iphones, i never can tell the difference between speed etc etc.

Nfc which i got to use today at school, worked flawlessly and i hope it works more at the places i frequently go. The screen is beautiful and touch id is awesome. So thats all i neeeed right now. I dont even care about the camera.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I had the iphone 5. I skipped the 5s. Bit i lost it for being drunk and i had to use the 4 for like 3 months. 3 miserable months with that pain in the ****. So of course i did notice a difference.

However. I do love my phone. I dont care about the specs. I just care about how beautiful it is lol. I dont even play games on it. I only use my phone for fb, ig, texting and safari. U wont believe if i tell you i haven't taken any pics with my iphone other than photos i take in class to the power point slides. Lol. So even though ive had almost every single gen. Of iphones, i never can tell the difference between speed etc etc.

Nfc which i got to use today at school, worked flawlessly and i hope it works more at the places i frequently go. The screen is beautiful and touch id is awesome. So thats all i neeeed right now. I dont even care about the camera.

6+ is a beautiful phone regardless if it fits my needs or not. I like it (to look at)

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I've actually had the 6 for two weeks. Awesome device and definitely worth the upgrade. However, I found myself wanting more ;). I am now a happy owner of a plus and have trying to sell my 6. Both device are fast enough for me. I had some minor lags on the plus but after seeing the phone as new and updating to 8.1. I've had no lags at all and the phone have been snappy. I'm so used to the screen size now that it's hard to go back to a 6 or a 5s for that matter. The plus is beast!!! Enough said.

Return your phone if you're not happy. In the mean time, we will continue enjoying our phones.

ColmM10

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised nobody here has mentioned the battery life on the 6 Plus. For me, the difference is night and day between it and 5S. With my 5S, I could literally watch the battery indicator drain by like 1% a minute just by leaving the screen on. With my 6 Plus I can use the phone pretty consistently throughout the day and only ever get down to 40% or so. That and the screen size have me completely sold on the Plus

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Give it a little time but if you're like me, you might end up just needing to return it.

I had a 5s and I just couldn't ever like enough to put down my 5c. I gave it a week and realized I just couldn't make myself want it.

Now I'm considering getting another 5s or 6. Remember, the phones will still be around. If you really don't like it now, just do what you feel is right. You'll have another chance to play with it again.

If you do end up in love with it however, enjoy it!!!

arftech

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I really like the 6 Plus and is discovering everything it has to offer and I'm especially impressed with the quickness, quality of the camera and the available real estate. With that being said this is my first iPhone and don't have the capability to compare it against other iPhone designs like the OP can. I've always wanted one though but was put off by the small screen on previous models.

Justin51

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I just got the iPhone 6 plus yesterday morning. I have been using it for over a day and probably I need to give myself more time with it.. But this was my first impression:

Same thing, bigger screen. It's the same as my iPhone 5, I don't see any speed improvements at all, in fact the 6 Plus kind of lags when I turn it off and back on, my iPhone 5 doesn't..

I thought it was going to be a big change like the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 were.. Bigger screen, better performance but that's not the case here. Disappointed to say the least. The screen is gorgeous yes. But that's it. I am going to continuously use it over the weekend and see if I fall in love with it..

What do you guys think?

I am coming from a 5 and I debated for a few weeks on which one to get I decided to try the 6 plus knowing I could exchange it for a 6 if I didn't like it. It took me about 2 weeks to find a 6 plus, after having it for a week now I am extremely happy with the decision I like it way more than what I thought I would. Here's why:
- Battery is absolutely hands down amazing I stream music over wifi all work day and it's at about 80% battery when I leave work, my 5 I would have to keep it plugged in to the charger because I would have no battery left at the end of the day.
- Screen is beautiful really no need to explain anything on this one.
- I really like how in standard view you can use messages and mail just like I do on my ipad in landscape mode.
- Fingerprint scanner is convenient
- Camera hands down the best camera in a phone that I have owned it takes amazing pictures and videos for the matter.
- last but not least CLASH OF CLANS on the 6 plus is amazing.

Now all that being said it is a beast to carry around but the pros way out weight the con!!!!!!!!!

falconeight

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Give it a little time but if you're like me, you might end up just needing to return it.

I had a 5s and I just couldn't ever like enough to put down my 5c. I gave it a week and realized I just couldn't make myself want it.

Now I'm considering getting another 5s or 6. Remember, the phones will still be around. If you really don't like it now, just do what you feel is right. You'll have another chance to play with it again.

If you do end up in love with it however, enjoy it!!!

I also tried really hard to use the 6+ but in the end I couldn't do it. I think it is the better of the two but I just couldn't make the shift. I traded for a 6 and I love it. I do miss the screen size but it wasn't worth the trade off. I love pulling my phone out anywhere, anytime, and that wasn't possible. Makes me sad that I wasn't able to make the switch.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I also tried really hard to use the 6+ but in the end I couldn't do it. I think it is the better of the two but I just couldn't make the shift. I traded for a 6 and I love it. I do miss the screen size but it wasn't worth the trade off. I love pulling my phone out anywhere, anytime, and that wasn't possible. Makes me sad that I wasn't able to make the switch.

Don't be sad. We've all got tastes that reflect who we are. I have a Note 3 that I love but I used to keep a separate line just so I could use a smaller phone. Eventually I just made my 5c the primary device and dropped my other line. Now the Note 3 is used as my media device, tablet, and storage unit. Having two lines because I felt bad over not being able to use it as a phone eventually left me feeling silly.

Just know that someday you may like it again. At that time, just embrace that you know what you like. That's always okay!

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My honest opinion is that it is too big for a phone. You couldn't give me one, well maybe you could I'd sell it and get another 6. I'm sure it performs just as good as your 5 if not better.

DJLILM

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the 4s its a big upgrade for me. Now that I done got use to the bigger screen.

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
There's nothing TO contribute. OP doesn't seem to be happy with the device and that's that. I find these kind of posts unnecessary. What I like is not always going to be what you like and vice versa. I don't get why people need to find validity over their decisions. If he does not like it, take it back and move on. Easy.

You find them unnecessary, yet you feel it is necessary enough to post a comment on said posts.....

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I guess it depends on your perspective. Upgrading from the iPhone 4s to the 6 for myself and the 6 plus for the wife was an enjoyable experience for both of us. We like the new features especially Touch ID, improved speed, larger screen size, better display, increased battery life, increased memory (upgrade), etc...

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I just got the iPhone 6 plus yesterday morning. I have been using it for over a day and probably I need to give myself more time with it.. But this was my first impression:

Same thing, bigger screen. It's the same as my iPhone 5, I don't see any speed improvements at all, in fact the 6 Plus kind of lags when I turn it off and back on, my iPhone 5 doesn't..

I thought it was going to be a big change like the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 were.. Bigger screen, better performance but that's not the case here. Disappointed to say the least. The screen is gorgeous yes. But that's it. I am going to continuously use it over the weekend and see if I fall in love with it..

What do you guys think?

I love it.....there are the occasional lag issues with apps that are not optimised for the 6+ but that's understandable. I'm thoroughly loving the experience with this phone and I have no regrets our second thoughts of getting any other smart phone on the market

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
There's slight lag scrolling. Apps refresh more often now as does safari. But I accept it as a trade off for the best iOS screen out there and iPad like battery life.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think if all you've recognized is that it's simply the same phone with a bigger screen...you never intended to give it a fair assessment and you probably made your mind up before you even got the phone. Better battery, better camera, bigger screen, BETTER screen, more orientation options, better WiFi connection, stronger cellular connection...and that's not even considering it's handling of the new OS or it's processing ability.

ALL of those things are noticeable and obvious.