If the internals were the same, would you have chosen the "Plus" model vs. the regular sized iPhone?

Identically spec'ed phones...bigger or smaller size?

• Total voters

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: If the internals were the same, would you have chosen the "Plus" model vs. the regular sized iPh

I would have chosen the plus just so I could have the larger screen

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: If the internals were the same, would you have chosen the "Plus" model vs. the regular sized iPh

They do have the same internals, besides the screen battery and one part of the camera are different.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

I actually bought the iPhone 6 Plus and exchanged it for the iPhone 6. Why? Portability. After having it for the last few weeks I know I made the right decision for me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

They do have the same internals, besides the screen battery and one part of the camera are different.

lol...I'm surprised you felt your post still retained some legitimacy after you listed off those three things.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

Plus all day!!! It eliminate the need of having an iPad for me. Now I can just use a single device in and out of the house. I doubt I can ever go back to smaller screen now that I've trained my eyes.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

I wanted the biggest iPhone screen available.

Sent from my 128 GB, Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If the internals were the same, would you have chosen the "Plus" model vs. th...

Nope! I bought the 6 first then decided to get the plus. I looked at my 6 again while packaging it for the eBay winner and boy did it feel small lol. Plus all the way!!!

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Having used the Redmi Note, the Nexus 5 and now the Oneplus-one, I don't think I can ever go back to using a regular sized iPhone 6...

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I would of still chosen the 6+. I definitely didn't want a huge device at first but I wanted to see & hold both before making my decision. I preordered both so I could make sure I had a device on launch day & for some reason I was drawn to the 6+ over the 6. So that's what I left with. It took me a couple weeks to get use to the size but I have no regrets. I absolutely love my 6+

smelton3

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

All things equal I would have still ordered the 6 Plus. I've been wanting a larger screen, and was glad when two size options were announced.

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site

There are only 1 reason I kept going to android phones in the past only to be disappointed and return to iPhone and that is screen size. I wouldn't care if the 6+ had the specs of the iPhone 5, I'd still buy it.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I'm bumping this now that more people have gotten their hands on a 6 Plus since the thread was posted. It's a good question and I'm curious what people think.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

if the internals were the same... i would have chosen the smaller one.
honestly, i never thought i'd use a phone this big but now i don't regret it.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

I'd still probably go with the 6+. I love the screen size!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

It would be nice if they had a 1080x1920 screen and iOS on both.
Make them just ever so slightly thicker so the camera would be flush.
And with the extra internal space the battery pack could be a bit larger, probably gain a few hundred mAh.
The + would still have a larger battery for sure!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I watch a lot of videos and movies, therefore I think if the internals were the same on both devices I would still opt for the Plus due to the larger screen size.

adrianeddington

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

Own a 6 Plus, have only played around with the 6 in stores. Bought the larger phone for it's screen size and not really for the internal specs...if all things were the same I would definitely have to say I'd purchase the 6 Plus again

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I chose the larger screen not only for the specs but also the screen size. I like having the room to play games, read email, web use on the go when my iPad A2 is not with me.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site

What he said.

I'm completely used to the large size of the 6+ now and don't think I could go back.

Ditto. The camera and battery swayed me away from the 6. Now that I've had it a while, the added bulk doesn't bother me. I'm not going to say I won't ever go a size down, but for now I'm quite content with the 5.5" display size. (And my eyes say thank you.)

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Not me I love the size of the plus. It's why I got it. I use an OB case and don't have an issue with the size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2