AT&T double your data 10GB to 20GB FREE (existing customers only)

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
So this is actually something REALLY awesome for existing AT&T long term customers with a 10GB plan. Call and speak to their "disconnect/retention" department and mention that you heard of a double your data promotion for good customers that have had AT&T a for a while. It seems to be the matching of a similar Sprint promotion I've heard. Anyway, it's really a great thing and the reps are very helpful and you don't have to "fight for it". I was thinking of switching to T-Mobile and did their test drive, but the service with T-Mobile was bad in my house with no data (not even edge) right nearby, so even though AT&T is a lot more expensive, this doubled data does help and will probably lead me to sticking with them.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You can also do it via "chat" with AT&T...I just did it! :beer:

You just have to be persistent with the first person who helps you who will try to get you to upgrade to the higher data package plans showing you these misleading "3 month averages" on your account (which actually have maximum overage fees applied within the cost avg.) They'll transfer you to a "Customer Relations" person and then BAM! 20Gb vs. 10GB.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine increased from 10GB to 20GB without any hassle! Thanks for the tip!

Just FYI - I tried the chat route, but it was so backed up that I just called them. It took about 3 minutes to do it on the phone. Just call and ask to be routed to the retention dept. When they answer, I just said that I noticed that there are a lot of data plans with other carriers out there that offer more or unlimited data for less. She said, "oh, well, I can increase yours to 20GB at no cost right now." I said ok and did her magic and that was it.

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I had pretty much the exact same experience as eyecrispy. Took them 2 minutes to tell me no problem at all. No questions asked. Doubled my data from 10gig to 20gig. I am impressed!

Capture.PNG

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I had pretty much the exact same experience as eyecrispy. Took them 2 minutes to tell me no problem at all. No questions asked. Doubled my data from 10gig to 20gig. I am impressed!

View attachment 69136

One of my co-workers who was on the 2GB plan got it doubled at no cost as well. May be worth calling in no matter what plan you'r currently on.

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Its probably Double your data Month.. That's what the promotion says, but of course they only want to advertise the 15gig plan because its $30 more a month. I don't blame them.. If everyone found out about you being able to double any plan right now, then no one would pay the extra $30 a month and they would loose money. Smart business on AT&T.

Glad we know about the trick though ;)

Thanks again BlazingGold

ethylove

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
so regular customer service only tells you about the 15-30 gb promotion to match sprint. I chatted online to someone who also the 15-30 gb was the only promotion and said i had heard about people going from 10-20 GB. they said i can do that and they would transfer me to the retention department. then we got disconnected. so i called, went through the phone menu to 'cancel service' and told them i was chatting and that they told me they'd transfer me to retention and up my data but we had gotten disconnected and THEN i had no problems. YAY! thanks for the tip

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm really glad that AT&T is honoring the promotion for the longtime customers here ! Way too many times companies give promotions just for new customers when they sign on, and then let the old customers go for years and years without any additional discounts once any original promotion falls off.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm really glad that AT&T is honoring the promotion for the longtime customers here ! Way too many times companies give promotions just for new customers when they sign on, and then let the old customers go for years and years without any additional discounts once any original promotion falls off.

Totally agree! This is a win for them.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711